Very similar logo designed by a Finnish company

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
Nirude

24 Jan 2020

Hi.
Just stumbled on a page and saw this:
https://ed-design.fi/fi/referenssit/mag ... ohjeistus/
The page is in Finnish but you just need to see the logo.

The LOGO seems very familiar. Sent this to Reason Studios also.
:reason:
3d man.

Loque

24 Jan 2020

A new RE from Propellerheads?
Reason12, Win10

orthodox
RE Developer

24 Jan 2020

That is a completely different area. I guess, the logo sign rights are bound to areas of industry. There could be a confusion only if those machines were moving to the music made in Reason.

Busta US

24 Jan 2020

Loque wrote:
24 Jan 2020
A new RE from Propellerheads?
:lol: Also love how on the machine it sais "Master Automation Group" :lol:

Busta US

24 Jan 2020

orthodox wrote:
24 Jan 2020
That is a completely different area. I guess, the logo sign rights are bound to areas of industry. There could be a confusion only if those machines were moving to the music made in Reason.
That's what I know as well. Logos can be the same as well as the name if they serve in different industries.

dioxide

24 Jan 2020

Nice logo. This is a new feature for the next version of Reason: MIDI controlled robots for controlling your hardware.

Proboscis

25 Jan 2020

The old Reason logo is a little generic. I've also seen it on 'Linus Tech Tips' (a 10Million subbed youtube channel) merchandise, as well as an icon in the lower third of some videos. Its also appeared in orange color.

The new Reason logo however, that's even more generic ! You can find variations on that 'pacman hexagon' in even the most stock, free brand logo generators online. They've spend no money, time or effort to even bother with brand identity.

What's interesting about the Finnish engineering logo though, is that it incorporates both the tri-hex and the single hex, all in one. So it's less generic than either of Propellerheads' two, and I see no IP infringement in this example.

• Information