(video) Balanced Action _4filegate AVM

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
4filegate

14 Jan 2020

People do not only "listen through the ears" - the whole body "harken" through the body fluids, i.e. it perceives and absorbs them.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

14 Jan 2020

Really nice track. If it wasn't for that hihat ticking away. It's SO LOUD. Sorry but I found that sound really annoying.
I I'd prefer a version without it actually. The rest of the music sounds so nice and organic and then that super digital hihat ruins it all.
That's my opinion anyway. But keep it if you like it I guess.

4filegate

14 Jan 2020

TritoneAddiction wrote:
14 Jan 2020
Really nice track. If it wasn't for that hihat ticking away. It's SO LOUD. Sorry but I found that sound really annoying.
I I'd prefer a version without it actually. The rest of the music sounds so nice and organic and then that super digital hihat ruins it all.
That's my opinion anyway. But keep it if you like it I guess.
Thanks for the feedback. It needs fresh and crisp Hi-Hat and not SO LOUD super digital Hi-Hat - another sliced. :thumbs_up:

4filegate

20 Jan 2020

I added these Hi-Hat Open/Close and Cymbal. Some other small changes.

selig
RE Developer

20 Jan 2020

Yes, cool track!
I would simply filter the original hat so it's not so much brighter than everything else. That's what I'm hearing - no so much how loud it is (the new hat is equally loud IMO), but how well it matches the tone of the rest of the instruments. I feel the original comes across as loud because it's really the only thing that's so bright.
The length of the new hat seems out of place to my ears - the shorter original hat, if not nearly so bright, would work much better. It's such a small part of the track to be taking up so much space. Brighter sounds don't need to be very loud at all to sound balanced in the mix.
But again, I suggest a third path - the original hats with a LP filter removing much of the higher frequencies. Try closing the filter totally down, then slowly open it until there's just enough hat to be felt. I see Hats (and shakers etc.) as a "spice" in a recipe. They are not the star ingredient and should complement and support the other instruments in most cases.
Selig Audio, LLC

4filegate

20 Jan 2020

selig wrote:
20 Jan 2020
Yes, cool track!
I would simply filter the original hat so it's not so much brighter than everything else. That's what I'm hearing - no so much how loud it is (the new hat is equally loud IMO), but how well it matches the tone of the rest of the instruments. I feel the original comes across as loud because it's really the only thing that's so bright.
The length of the new hat seems out of place to my ears - the shorter original hat, if not nearly so bright, would work much better. It's such a small part of the track to be taking up so much space. Brighter sounds don't need to be very loud at all to sound balanced in the mix.
But again, I suggest a third path - the original hats with a LP filter removing much of the higher frequencies. Try closing the filter totally down, then slowly open it until there's just enough hat to be felt. I see Hats (and shakers etc.) as a "spice" in a recipe.
Thank you for your review and your suggestions for improvements.
In the first upload the cymbal was so loud. In the 2nd upload the cymbal has different types of release time.
I'll try again.
selig wrote:
20 Jan 2020
They are not the star ingredient and should complement and support the other instruments in most cases.
I agree with you.

4filegate

25 Jan 2020

Nocturne in Reason 10.4 at Livingroom

• Information