Delta MIDI Computer

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Socram
RE Developer

28 Nov 2019

bigguy1 wrote:
27 Nov 2019
Maybe it would be interesting that the notes getting mirrored stay in the same octave, like having a mirror at the same position in every octave on the keyboard.

Do you think it is possible to create a note like this?
While I could certainly recreate that functionality in a Node, I am a bit wary of copying another developer's device especially one that's so unique and recently released, so while you're not the first to request this I will probably refrain.

That being said I'm not sure how your tweak would work, if you mirror within an octave. Let's say the mirror point is a B, and you play an A, or any note really. The mirroring would end up in the next octave if I'm picturing this correctly.
geronimo wrote:
28 Nov 2019
Without wanting to be too demanding, I noticed that few parameters are Delta are accessible from the controls of a Combinator (4 years old Rotarys 4 buttons).
But maybe this has already been asked ? Knowing that the interface is empty when Delta starts, it may not be easy to code ?
Unfortunately due to the dynamic and custom display driven nature of Delta, exposing more stuff to those knobs/automation etc is not really possible. I assume you are hoping for rotary control of specific node parameters, and at the moment this is totally impossible. I have a potential work around for this, but its pretty complicated, both from a implementation and usability standpoint, so I don't really have an ETA or want to guarantee it'll even work.
CR68 wrote:
28 Nov 2019
is there a chance that anyone will make a refill or community refill for that? would be great
I have heard some discussion of this, I will talk to the guy :)
Static Cling - Rack Extension Developer of Tome, Index, Optic, Chord Detector, Delta, and AutoLatch.
www.StaticCling.io
info@StaticCling.io

bigguy1

29 Nov 2019

I can perfectly understand, that you don't want to rebuild something so unique.

You are right, the notes would end up in another octave in many cases. But essentially they would not be far away from their origin note.

geronimo

29 Nov 2019

For the Combinator ...

Deltablue.jpg
Deltablue.jpg (47.99 KiB) Viewed 4630 times

Socram
RE Developer

17 Jan 2020

Hello everyone, excited to bump the thread to announce that V1.3 is now live!

1.3 brings another new node, the manually controlled Trigger Switch with a separate input for stepping through its pattern.

It also has a new setting for hiding node names, as well as some other minor fixes and under the hood improvements!
Static Cling - Rack Extension Developer of Tome, Index, Optic, Chord Detector, Delta, and AutoLatch.
www.StaticCling.io
info@StaticCling.io

PhillipOrdonez

17 Jan 2020

Wohoooo

BananaSkins

17 Jan 2020

Back Of The Net!

The Delicious Delta Cake Just Added Another Sweet Layer! :puf_bigsmile:

Thank You... :thumbs_up:

manisnotabird

18 Jan 2020

Not sure if it's possible, but it would be cool if Delta could be sensitive to where in the measure a note fell. Maybe whichever sixteenth note each note falls closest to relative to the master clock. For example, transpose the "1" of every bar down an octave. Or to make the sixteenth note offbeats lower in velocity. Etc.

Jackjackdaw

19 Jan 2020

Thanks to the Dev for such a great device! I have a feature request. A probability module where you simply set the probability of the note passing through from 0-100%

I have a very specific use case. I love writing generative rhythms with Drum Sequencer player and I want to be able to replicate these patterns using a Beatstep Pro for live performance. I can achieve something close using Delta by dividing the drum pads with an 'If' module and then setting probability with a 'Chance Switch' but the work around has two flaws. First, I can't figure out the maths for the module 'weight' control acheive an exact percentage chance. Second if I have a Delta patch set up with a Chance switch for every drum pad, then there is no way of making the probability of a pad 100% without removing the Chance switch module for that pad or adding another connection.

olive6741

19 Jan 2020

manisnotabird wrote:
18 Jan 2020
Not sure if it's possible, but it would be cool if Delta could be sensitive to where in the measure a note fell. Maybe whichever sixteenth note each note falls closest to relative to the master clock. For example, transpose the "1" of every bar down an octave. Or to make the sixteenth note offbeats lower in velocity. Etc.
Would be great! +1!

Socram
RE Developer

19 Jan 2020

manisnotabird wrote:
18 Jan 2020
This is a very cool idea, I will add it to the list!
Jackjackdaw wrote:
19 Jan 2020
Thanks to the Dev for such a great device! I have a feature request. A probability module where you simply set the probability of the note passing through from 0-100%

I have a very specific use case. I love writing generative rhythms with Drum Sequencer player and I want to be able to replicate these patterns using a Beatstep Pro for live performance. I can achieve something close using Delta by dividing the drum pads with an 'If' module and then setting probability with a 'Chance Switch' but the work around has two flaws. First, I can't figure out the maths for the module 'weight' control acheive an exact percentage chance. Second if I have a Delta patch set up with a Chance switch for every drum pad, then there is no way of making the probability of a pad 100% without removing the Chance switch module for that pad or adding another connection.
Perhaps this excerpt from the manual will help you understand how weighting equates to percentages: https://i.imgur.com/EB6vHUE.png

The mindset for this is that it is much more straightforward to expose to controls. Imagine if you had 3 outputs on a chance switch, all set to 33%, instead of weights. Then you want to change one to 50%. Where does that 17% difference from from? There's ways to reason it out, but all of them seemed to have downsides or frustrations, so I went with this weighting option which kinda freed up the notion of ensuring all odds added up to 100%.

Perhaps there's something I'm missing, but if you are breaking out each drum pad with an If and want to give a specific pad a 100% chance to play, why run it through a Chance Switch at all?
www.StaticCling.io
info@StaticCling.io

MannequinRaces

20 Jan 2020

Still really really hoping for a custom delay node. (crosses fingers) :)

Jackjackdaw

20 Jan 2020

Socram wrote:
19 Jan 2020

The mindset for this is that it is much more straightforward to expose to controls. Imagine if you had 3 outputs on a chance switch, all set to 33%, instead of weights. Then you want to change one to 50%. Where does that 17% difference from from? There's ways to reason it out, but all of them seemed to have downsides or frustrations, so I went with this weighting option which kinda freed up the notion of ensuring all odds added up to 100%.

Perhaps there's something I'm missing, but if you are breaking out each drum pad with an If and want to give a specific pad a 100% chance to play, why run it through a Chance Switch at all?
Thanks I will Rtfm! Re, why run through the chance switch at all, because I would like a preset delta patch I can tweak without having to reroute for different scenarios. I have had wonderful success though and it wouldn't be possible without Delta , so thank you for your work!

Jackjackdaw

20 Jan 2020

I use an if to separate the pads and another to single out the notes I want to randomize using a specific velocity (Set on the beatstep). So if I want notes to be random I set them to vel. 99 for example and the rest at 100 or whatever.

PhillipOrdonez

09 Jul 2020

Hi Socram

Is there a node, possibility to create a node, that treats a chord as a single unit instead of 3 or 4 different notes? For example in chance, I would want sometimes that it would go through one or the other, sometimes it plays, sometimes it doesn't, sometimes it goes through delay, sometimes it doesn't, or sometimes it goes through main output, others through CV 1 or 2, etc. Is this even possible?

Kind regards

Socram
RE Developer

16 Jul 2020

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
09 Jul 2020
Hi Socram

Is there a node, possibility to create a node, that treats a chord as a single unit instead of 3 or 4 different notes? For example in chance, I would want sometimes that it would go through one or the other, sometimes it plays, sometimes it doesn't, sometimes it goes through delay, sometimes it doesn't, or sometimes it goes through main output, others through CV 1 or 2, etc. Is this even possible?

Kind regards
Yes this is actually something I've been wanting to add for a bit, I will make do what I can to make it a higher priority, Delta is overdue for an update :D
www.StaticCling.io
info@StaticCling.io

PhillipOrdonez

16 Jul 2020

Socram wrote:
16 Jul 2020
PhillipOrdonez wrote:
09 Jul 2020
Hi Socram

Kind regards
Yes this is actually something I've been wanting to add for a bit, I will make do what I can to make it a higher priority, Delta is overdue for an update :D
Yessssss!!!!! 🕺 :D

challism

17 Jul 2020

I don't have Delta, but I'm certainly going to buy it one of these days/sales. I'm curious if Delta is capable of doing what InRange (Tonicmint) does? If I can build something in Delta that does what InRange does, I'll just put the money toward buying Delta.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

Socram
RE Developer

17 Jul 2020

challism wrote:
17 Jul 2020
I don't have Delat, but I'm certainly going to buy it one of these sales. I'm curious if Delta is capable of doing what InRange (Tonicmint) does? If I can build something in Delta that does what InRange does, I'll just put the money toward buying Delta.
Yes with a bit of setup Delta can do every feature I saw demonstrated in that video, most things in just a few nodes, the whole feature set would be a bit more complicated if put into 1 Delta instance but still doable.

Credit where its due, Delta will of course have a very different visual presentation and not be as immediate to set up, but once you save the patch you'll be set, and then you can do all the other crazy things Delta offers alongside this functionality.
www.StaticCling.io
info@StaticCling.io

challism

17 Jul 2020

Socram wrote:
17 Jul 2020
challism wrote:
17 Jul 2020
I don't have Delat, but I'm certainly going to buy it one of these sales. I'm curious if Delta is capable of doing what InRange (Tonicmint) does? If I can build something in Delta that does what InRange does, I'll just put the money toward buying Delta.
Yes with a bit of setup Delta can do every feature I saw demonstrated in that video, most things in just a few nodes, the whole feature set would be a bit more complicated if put into 1 Delta instance but still doable.

Credit where its due, Delta will of course have a very different visual presentation and not be as immediate to set up, but once you save the patch you'll be set, and then you can do all the other crazy things Delta offers alongside this functionality.
Great! Thanks for the quick reply, Marcos. I like how fast and easy it would be to throw InRange in the player stack, but I can't justify spending the extra money if Delta can do the same thing. I think I'll just put that money toward Delta in the future. Thanks again!
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

zoidkirb

17 Nov 2020

Is there a 'choke' feature or an override for note streams?
What I mean is, say I have either a sequential switch or a chance switch which runs into 2 delays, into the output: once I have triggered the second note and the second delay starts running, I want the previous delay module to immediately stop outputting notes.
I hope that makes sense

Socram
RE Developer

17 Nov 2020

zoidkirb wrote:
17 Nov 2020
Is there a 'choke' feature or an override for note streams?
What I mean is, say I have either a sequential switch or a chance switch which runs into 2 delays, into the output: once I have triggered the second note and the second delay starts running, I want the previous delay module to immediately stop outputting notes.
I hope that makes sense
Hey zoidkirb, great question! There is a way to achieve this using the Input Node's "Auto-Stop" parameter, but unfortunately it will only work if you are using a Chance Switch and not with a Sequential Switch (I'll explain why below).

The Auto-Stop parameter applies a "Stop All" every X number of notes. If set to 1, each new note will cause a Stop All to occur before it fires itself. If set to 2, it will Stop All every other note, etc etc.

Here's a screenshot of one way to set it up:

This will not work with the Sequential Switch because a Stop All forces Sequential Switches to reset their pattern to the start, which means you'll never hit the later steps of the pattern. Chance will not run into this issue due to its random nature.

During initial development a Stop All node was planned, but it proved to be a race condition nightmare and very unintuitive in testing. Doing it at the Input Node was a compromise to get back some of that functionality.

I hope you're enjoying Delta, let me know if you have any other questions!
www.StaticCling.io
info@StaticCling.io

zoidkirb

17 Nov 2020

Hey Socram thanks a lot! Yes that works I think exactly as I wanted. I prefer the Chance node generally anyway as what I'm doing with Delta is mostly generative types of music.
No more questions for now until I master the rest of the existing modules

Loque

20 Dec 2020

I am currently playing around and use Scales&Chords and again it makes me angry, that it lacks so many easy features. I always missed a way to control the velocity of the additional notes, like having all upper notes with decreasing velocity. Here is an example: with 3 notes in a chords
Note #1 => Velocity 1.0
Note#2 => Velocity 0.7
Note #3 => Velocity 0.5

Can Delta Midi Computer do this?

And yea, i know i can build it via CVPT but damn, its too much work for such simple things...
Reason12, Win10

Bes
Competition Winner

20 Dec 2020

notes feeding a sequential sequencer then each note out going to an individual set velocity node. perhaps not the best method but it wasnt much work
Attachments
L3VEL - Bes.zip
(993 Bytes) Downloaded 73 times
- Certified Reason expert

• Information