Loopcloud 5.0 released - with subscription model

Discuss VST stuff here!
xylyx

25 Aug 2019

For me it just crashes the instant you search for anything tagged 'Free'...every time. The dev is aware from the topic on KvR, so hopefully, it'll be fixed soon.

Other than that, I don't like the new layout at all...the whole thing seems to have taken a very wrong turn with v5 for me. I'm trying out the ADSR sample manager to see if that suits me more; if not, I'll try to get the installer for v4 again.

boingy

25 Aug 2019

I'm getting on Ok with it and have now replaced LC4 with 5 on my main PC. I do get previews so I'm not sure what's going on with yours.

Overall I'm happy!

Boombastix
Competition Winner

25 Aug 2019

boingy wrote:
25 Aug 2019
I'm getting on Ok with it and have now replaced LC4 with 5 on my main PC. I do get previews so I'm not sure what's going on with yours.

Overall I'm happy!
I DO get previews. I said no preview limit. So that is fine. [Edit] LM has said (KVR) there is a 100 preview limit for those free users who has 0 credit in the account. That is understandable, you get 5 free loops, and you can preview 100 to get those (per day).

But LC4 showed a pack's folder structure, so if you for instance wanted to go into the folder with guitars 120bpm, you could. In LC5 I get all samples 90bpm, 120bpm, and so on in one long list. I liked the folder structure because the creator probably put some thought in putting stuff together that belonged together, now it is more messy since you cannot see the pack folder structure. Or is there a way?
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

diminished
Competition Winner

25 Aug 2019

Boombastix wrote:
18 Aug 2019
diminished wrote:
18 Aug 2019
[*] the amount of free previews (!!!) per day is limited.
I did not notice that, probably previewed 100 or so, no limit. But I did have crashes. What happens for you? What is the limit?
Oh sorry, I've missed your question.
I think the preview limit is 50 rather than 100, but I didn't count.
No crashes here, but it takes AGES to refresh or refine a search.

I've skipped several days of free samples now, I just don't care anymore.
Using the software feels like "you vs. them" now. You basically have to think around limitations all the time to get something out of it. Be aware of what to click and in what order. Even when you only want to access your library.
It's just frustrating. At the same time, I'm amazed as how they went from awesome to complete crap with just one update.
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

Boombastix
Competition Winner

25 Aug 2019

diminished wrote:
25 Aug 2019
Boombastix wrote:
18 Aug 2019

I did not notice that, probably previewed 100 or so, no limit. But I did have crashes. What happens for you? What is the limit?
Oh sorry, I've missed your question.
I think the preview limit is 50 rather than 100, but I didn't count.
No crashes here, but it takes AGES to refresh or refine a search.

I've skipped several days of free samples now, I just don't care anymore.
Using the software feels like "you vs. them" now. You basically have to think around limitations all the time to get something out of it. Be aware of what to click and in what order. Even when you only want to access your library.
It's just frustrating. At the same time, I'm amazed as how they went from awesome to complete crap with just one update.
No worries, but hang tight, they are very active at KVR taking requests and feedback seriously and COMMUNICATING! :thumbs_up: How about that!? I made a request months ago to get midi loop preview. They just said it is on the top of the list :P . A few issues right now, yes, but I feel confident this will be very good once it gets ironed out.

But yeah, the free stuff gets old pretty quickly... And most of it is available at Loopmasters in the preview pack anyhow. But I think cherry picking some of the free stuff in LC5 is more convenient. LM stated at KVR that it is 100 limit, but only free users, not for subs.

There are a bunch of $50-$60 packs that I can pick from with a subscription, and I think that will be great. I don't wanna buy a bunch of expensive packs and just use 10% of them. So, I'll probably go with a one year at 50% off once LC feels stable enough.

It can be faster to find a pack at Loopmaster.com first and then search for it in LC and preview the sounds, as an alternative to just search in LC and get all kinds of mixed results.

I think it would make sense if you could buy extra features in LC, like you can do in some apps. I would probably buy a 4 or 8 track version over the basic 2 track, as an example. I would probably also buy a midi loop player. Use my own VST FX maybe.

jcredland

03 Sep 2019

Boombastix wrote:
25 Aug 2019
But LC4 showed a pack's folder structure, so if you for instance wanted to go into the folder with guitars 120bpm, you could. In LC5 I get all samples 90bpm, 120bpm, and so on in one long list. I liked the folder structure because the creator probably put some thought in putting stuff together that belonged together, now it is more messy since you cannot see the pack folder structure. Or is there a way?
I don't think we appreciated how much people liked the tree view. I guess it might resurface as an option for packs at some point. Though we have a long list.

To solve your problem about seeing the guitars by tempo I would either sort by BPM and click the guitar tag, or you could try (it's ugly) opening up the PATH column and sorting by that.

Jim
http://loopcloud.com
http://deviousmachines.com

Boombastix
Competition Winner

03 Sep 2019

jcredland wrote:
03 Sep 2019
Boombastix wrote:
25 Aug 2019
I don't think we appreciated how much people liked the tree view. I guess it might resurface as an option for packs at some point. Though we have a long list.
Jim
http://loopcloud.com
http://deviousmachines.com
Hey Jim, thanks for chiming in and letting us know it is "on the list". Appreciate that. Having the folder structure as an optional view would be very good. I can imagine some packs having a "messy" structure, so in that case it may be a more user friendly approach just to list all (can be very useful too when adding your own tags). Options for both views would be excellent. LC5 is an awesome product :P , but I've held off installing it on my main machine due to the early crashes (trying it on a laptop), but it seems much more stable now (5.0.20).

I'll go for the 30d trial + 50% off Studio package. Question: Is there a time limit for that offer?
Welcome to RT by the way.

boingy

04 Sep 2019

I'm pretty happy in LC5. The only thing I can't figure out how to do that I could do in LC4 is sort by download status. I want to see (and download) the samples that are in my library but not on my PC. In LC4 you just clicked the column heading to sort but it does not seem to work in LC5.

I spend quite a bit of time offline so I like everything local rather than cloudy.

jcredland

13 Jan 2020

boingy wrote:
04 Sep 2019
I'm pretty happy in LC5. The only thing I can't figure out how to do that I could do in LC4 is sort by download status. I want to see (and download) the samples that are in my library but not on my PC. In LC4 you just clicked the column heading to sort but it does not seem to work in LC5.

I spend quite a bit of time offline so I like everything local rather than cloudy.
This is a late reply. Which view are you wanting to sort by download status in?

WillyOD

14 Jan 2020

Has the UI changed in Loopcloud 5 after the release? I really liked how Loopcloud 4 looked and feeled and at the moment I'm still using it to manage my samples (refuse to update ;))
I used to make music but now I just cry on these forums. @diippii.com

Loque

14 Jan 2020

WillyOD wrote:
14 Jan 2020
Has the UI changed in Loopcloud 5 after the release? I really liked how Loopcloud 4 looked and feeled and at the moment I'm still using it to manage my samples (refuse to update ;))
Its quite similar, but they pop in their anyoing shop suggestions which you need to click away before you can work. And no, the settings are not saved so you need to do this everytime you open it.
Reason12, Win10

• Information