Synthwave / Dark wave tests with ANA2, Serum, Spire and Sylenth1

Discuss VST stuff here!
reddust

10 Jan 2020

Hi,

I've just done a test just for fun with a very short track just to compare how do sound some of the synths I own compared to each other.

It is an audio file containing four tracks: an arp, a bass in polysix style, a pad and a pluck. Each file was recorded with different presets of just one single VST synth, meaning all four tracks are different presets of one only synth for each audio file, so there is a version where you can only hear ANA2 presets on all four tracks, another version with only Serum presets, another with Spire presets and a last one with Sylenth1 presets only.

Every audio file has an additional drum track which is always the same and it's made with Samples From Mars drum samples.

I have to say that the comparison isn't completely fair as I haven't had the time yet to recreate each of the synth tracks with the same settings but just taking more or less similar type of sounds, so the idea is not to compare which synth makes the better job by trying to emulate the same sound but how each of these synths works on its own if you start writing a song just using only one of them.

Again, this is not a serious comparison and just made for fun but I thought it might be interesting for anyone who's thinking about purchasing any of these synths. I wished I could have uploaded a fifth audio with Dune3 but I still don't own that one yet, I hope I can do that in a near future.

Test 1 only with ANA2:

Test 1 only with Serum:

Test 1 only with Spire:

Test 1 only with Sylenth1:

I hope you have some fun listening... cheers

reddust

10 Jan 2020

And here is an additional test mixing all four of them together...

electricthing

11 Jan 2020

interesting test, thanks

• Information