Simpler / Sampler

Have an urge to learn, or a calling to teach? Want to share some useful Youtube videos? Do it here!
sbalbarbin

30 Dec 2019

Hi guys,

-- Please don't freak out when seeing the image of the link, I'm just posting and example of something I whish to achieve in Reason ;) --

I hope I'm posting in the right place. I'm quite new to Reason and saw a tutorial on Youtube, but not about Reason. I was wondering how I could achieve this in Reason. The tutorial is in Ableton Live, it's 15m long but you could easily watch from the 1m marker to 6m ish and you would get the point. (the guy is using "Simpler" in Live)

Hoping some of you will watch it and guide me into how this could be done in Reason. (with native tools preferably, but open to suggestion of extensions)
...Kind of guessing, with NN-XT or NN-19, but I'm particularly pleased by the "Simpler" feature of seeing the wave form and knowing where you want your start and end point...

Here's the link to the tutorial:

Thanx in advance

Stef

Benedict
Competition Winner

31 Dec 2019

If you can't explain it then it will be hard to do ;-)

If you want to see the Wave points then there is the Edit button or simply use Grain

:-)
Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

sbalbarbin

02 Jan 2020

Thanx a bunch Benedict :)

Boombastix
Competition Winner

02 Jan 2020

sbalbarbin wrote:
30 Dec 2019
Hi guys,

-- Please don't freak out when seeing the image of the link, I'm just posting and example of something I whish to achieve in Reason ;) --

I hope I'm posting in the right place. I'm quite new to Reason and saw a tutorial on Youtube, but not about Reason. I was wondering how I could achieve this in Reason. The tutorial is in Ableton Live, it's 15m long but you could easily watch from the 1m marker to 6m ish and you would get the point. (the guy is using "Simpler" in Live)

Hoping some of you will watch it and guide me into how this could be done in Reason. (with native tools preferably, but open to suggestion of extensions)
...Kind of guessing, with NN-XT or NN-19, but I'm particularly pleased by the "Simpler" feature of seeing the wave form and knowing where you want your start and end point...

Here's the link to the tutorial:

Thanx in advance

Stef
There is no direct Simpler equivalent. BUT you can get Rex loop markers made in the Sequencer, and if you drop that Rex file into Kong you can do a whole bunch of cool thing. The one feature that is missing in Kong is moving the markers, so set your markers carefully in the sequencer first. The manual has all details.

I wish RS would update the Rex players (Kong/Rex and Octocrex to allow for marker changes, that would make them 200% more useful!
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

Dzkreet

19 Jan 2020

You can change the sample start in Kong, even in the waveform. Just drop a sample on a pad then edit it in the mini NN-XT

VIVIsect

24 Jan 2020

What about Grain?

• Information