Free guide to mental health with focus on electronic music industry

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!

PhillipOrdonez

10 Oct 2019

Thank you!

demt

02 Jan 2020

R Dental health somethings wrong sumwheres I'd better chat to my shrink still publicize an understanding has gotta be a good idea it's just so misunderstood different personalitie = new dentures
Reason 12 ,gear4 music sdp3 stage piano .nektar gxp 88,behringer umc1800 .line6 spider4 30
hear scince reason 2.5

Robert Wade

22 Apr 2020

That is something I really needed right now. Especially in times like these, I bet lots of people must be facing mental health issues, or is it just me?

chimp_spanner

01 Oct 2020

Robert Wade wrote: ↑
22 Apr 2020
That is something I really needed right now. Especially in times like these, I bet lots of people must be facing mental health issues, or is it just me?
Definitely not just you. TBH I'm struggling lately. Had a rough few years freelancing, alternating between doing okay and just being broke. Settled into a new job, my partner lost hers so I was sole earner for a while. Then she got a job...COVID hit, the job went away. Dad got seriously ill at the same time and is now battling chronic, debilitating pain. The industry I'm in took a nose dive so I'm stressing about that. And now our landlady has told us she wants to sell all her properties and we have to move out at the end of this month, and split our relationship across 180 miles after 4+ years of living together.

The upheaval and uncertainty is just killing me. I never thought of myself as someone prone to worry or anxiety but I mean it's literally making me ill right now. All my creativity is gone.

The only thing I've really been able to do lately is manage my workload a bit. When things looked dicey with COVID I took on a bunch of commitments thinking "hey all work is good work". I've just called the last of it off. Even in these times I need and am entitled to time off. Whether it's to try to write, or just play Xbox and drink tea. So I at least have set, finite working hours now.

I've cut out meat. I'm down to 1 coffee a day. I'm trying to smoke less. I definitely need to move/exercise. I noticed in the mental health guide it talked about the benefits of walking. Most of the day I just sit. So that's definitely something I need to address. I dunno. Kinda just waffling.

TL;DR - lot of us feeling the same way. It's been a tough year.

JC1

12 May 2023

chimp_spanner wrote: ↑
01 Oct 2020
Robert Wade wrote: ↑
22 Apr 2020
Definitely not just you. TBH I'm struggling lately. Had a rough few years freelancing, alternating between doing okay and just being broke. Settled into a new job, my partner lost hers so I was sole earner for a while. Then she got a job...COVID hit, the job went away. Dad got seriously ill at the same time and is now battling chronic, debilitating pain. The industry I'm in took a nose dive so I'm stressing about that. And now our landlady has told us she wants to sell all her properties and we have to move out at the end of this month, and split our relationship across 180 miles after 4+ years of living together.

The upheaval and uncertainty is just killing me. I never thought of myself as someone prone to worry or anxiety but I mean it's literally making me ill right now. All my creativity is gone.

The only thing I've really been able to do lately is manage my workload a bit. When things looked dicey with COVID I took on a bunch of commitments thinking "hey all work is good work". I've just called the last of it off. Even in these times I need and am entitled to time off. Whether it's to try to write, or just play Xbox and drink tea. So I at least have set, finite working hours now.

I've cut out meat. I'm down to 1 coffee a day. I'm trying to smoke less. I definitely need to move/exercise. I noticed in the mental health guide it talked about the benefits of walking. Most of the day I just sit. So that's definitely something I need to address. I dunno. Kinda just waffling.

TL;DR - lot of us feeling the same way. It's been a tough year.
It is 3 years now after this message going live I know, but after reading the original article and not quite understanding completely what all the hype was about, I read the prior comment to mine here and it hit me a bit different. So I just hope that whoever did write it is ok now and is doing well in their life at this current time. It seems like you are putting every effort in to defeat the enemy and I sincerely hope that you do.
Like all the people in the world that have ever had some of those real bad hands dealt to them but didn't always necessarily deserve it.

I can only say about that right now that I do hope that whatever trouble or pain, trauma or perceptible world they are in right now, that they find the strength and resilience to find their way out of the darkness that suffocates them.

It is a widely accepted fact that anyone who is someone who is alive in the world today, is going to die and not have any further part in the world anymore.
...and let's face it, who tf really wants to live their days languishing in misery and despair in the most fleeting and briefest of moments that they have in this life?
Not many I'm sure....

Everyone has pain, everyone has trauma.... everyone has darkness.... but while we all do, we can not, we must not, let it consume us whole, cos it would just be a waste, and a damn shame at that, cos you - and the world too would never ever realise what your true purpose for being here was......
This ain't an easy ride this one, and I want everyone to be ok throughout it while it's on.

"Nothing is ever a problem, unless you let it become one....or you can make it become someone else's" DPR 2004.
πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ just had to lighten the tone up a bit with that one πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ laughter, like truth, will also set you free.

πŸ˜πŸ‘πŸ˜βœŒοΈπŸ˜πŸ‘Š
ESP Edwards | VOX Valvetronix AD100VTH | TC Electronic | RODE | KORG | Reason 8 :reason: |

• Information