Shell smells funny! :P
No votes
Other (please leave a comment below!)
No votes

Total votes: 21
ShelLuser

26 Dec 2019

Hi gang!

I'll be honest: this isn't necessarily about Reason but "other places". But there is a good reason why I turned to this place (no exaggeration in my post btw):

- Creativity: die-hard Reason users are in my opinion more creative, just think about "ab"-using Thor for its effects!
- Recent VST access; It's not too long since Reason got VST support, and I know some of you guys went crazy with that (and good for you!).
- Grey zone; Live has a MIDI effect section, surprisingly enough it consists of 8 effects in contrast to..... At least 25+ effects. Reason uses 'Utilities'.

Sure, this is a tough poll because Reason in itself... is awesome with CV routing. But I figured.. You can always ask ;)

So: how many VST's do you use solely to provide MIDI input within Reason?

As always: thanks for your feedback! (and I will share the reasoning behind my post after 2 weeks, it's a promise!).
--- :reason:

guitfnky

26 Dec 2019

I just use 2, but only one in Reason. I use JamOrigin’s MIDI Guitar 2 via MIDI loopback to drive synths with my guitar in Reason, and I use Rayzoon’s Jamstix outside of Reason to help create more realistic sounding drum grooves. not quantity, but very important to what I’m doing.
I write good music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

Boombastix
Competition Winner

27 Dec 2019

I'm not sure what you are asking. Midi VST, Reason cannot handle midi out from VSTs, so what is this, Instruments?
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

guitfnky

27 Dec 2019

Boombastix wrote:
27 Dec 2019
I'm not sure what you are asking. Midi VST, Reason cannot handle midi out from VSTs, so what is this, Instruments?
MIDI playback from VSTs works fine—it’s just that you can’t print the MIDI to a track in the sequencer. if the plugin has a standalone mode (like MIDI Guitar 2, for instance), you can get the MIDI printed to track using a MIDI loopback, although I suppose then it may not technically be using a VST.
I write good music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

Biolumin3sc3nt

27 Dec 2019

While not a VST, I use Logic's ARP Midi Plugin on the regular --- does that count??

Jackjackdaw

27 Dec 2019

I can't find any Midi VST's that fit my needs better than Reason Players. They are indispensable to me now.

Re8et
Competition Winner

27 Dec 2019

Tal reverb is absolutely an essential piece of software, I use it a lot.
Not much of anything else, except for editors when I plug in some external Synth that has it,

Proboscis

27 Dec 2019

None.

groggy1

28 Dec 2019

I love Players. But I use no midi vsts, since reason doesn’t support them.

If the did support them, I’d use reaktor and Cthulhu

• Information