Spitfire Audio - $29 sample library plugins

Discuss VST stuff here!
joeyluck

28 Nov 2019

Spitfire makes some really impressive commercial libraries, many of which might not be affordable for many of us (even when on sale). But these sound great and are affordable at $29. You'll recognize the interfaces from the free, Spitfire LABS. These libraries run inside dedicated plugins.

OLIVER PATRICE WEDER — OPW
An Emotive & Intimate Composing Toolkit

ALEV LENZ - 3
Dark, Cinematic Vocals and Synth Drones

EPIC STRINGS
Originals - Essential Cinematic Ingedients

I like the dark GUI of the Epic Strings. There's more to come with that series: Epic Brass + Woodwinds, Cinematic Drums, Cinematic Loops. I'm guessing all will be $29.

Right now I'm leaning towards picking up the OPW library just for "Oliver's Piano"!

EdGrip

28 Nov 2019

Thanks for this! I love Soft Piano and if I had Kontakt I might be tempted by Felt Piano. I will look into these...

joeyluck

28 Nov 2019

EdGrip wrote:
28 Nov 2019
Thanks for this! I love Soft Piano and if I had Kontakt I might be tempted by Felt Piano. I will look into these...
Same. I almost bought the Kontakt crossgrade during the current sale (since I'm eligible with the libraries I've bought), before realizing that the $49 I was willing to spend was for the upgrade lol! The crossgrade is on sale for $124 down from $249...still too much IMO...just as a prerequisite in order to buy libraries that require it.

I really wish NI would fix their Kontakt pricing. I understand the idea of the Kontakt Player licensing on the developer end, but as a library consumer, I don't need the library editing and building capabilities...and I think those higher prices should be reserved for those who need those features.

I just bought OPW and really like it. There's some really beautiful patches included. I just reported a bug though and waiting to hear back... On the standard piano patch, when playing between B1 and F2, different velocities trigger notes in the higher octave. Doesn't seem intentional as it doesn't occur across the keyboard and doesn't sound like a harmonics thing. I'll see what they say.

EdGrip

28 Nov 2019

Are there a few different velocity samples in the pianos? I think Soft Piano is just one sample per key.

joeyluck

28 Nov 2019

EdGrip wrote:
28 Nov 2019
Are there a few different velocity samples in the pianos? I think Soft Piano is just one sample per key.
Yes, there are a few.

joeyluck

28 Nov 2019

joeyluck wrote:
28 Nov 2019
I just bought OPW and really like it. There's some really beautiful patches included. I just reported a bug though and waiting to hear back... On the standard piano patch, when playing between B1 and F2, different velocities trigger notes in the higher octave. Doesn't seem intentional as it doesn't occur across the keyboard and doesn't sound like a harmonics thing. I'll see what they say.
They confirmed this and that there is internal report. So a fix is on the way :thumbs_up:

xboix

18 Dec 2019

It's a shame they use the same interface.
Because it sucks.

Just label the damn controls! :roll:

diminished
Competition Winner

18 Dec 2019

xboix wrote:
18 Dec 2019
Because it sucks.

:thumbs_up:
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

BananaSkins

18 Dec 2019

xboix wrote:
18 Dec 2019
Because it sucks.

I notice it’s 29 right across the board no conversion rates!

€29
$29
£29

That sucks if your paying in British £

diminished
Competition Winner

18 Dec 2019

BananaSkins wrote:
18 Dec 2019
xboix wrote:
18 Dec 2019
Because it sucks.

€29
$29
£29

Just wait a little then until after Brexit :twisted:
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

joeyluck

18 Dec 2019

xboix wrote:
18 Dec 2019
Because it sucks.

What I do like is that it is a separate plugin and not requiring Kontakt.

howtobecalm

06 Feb 2020

diminished wrote:
18 Dec 2019
BananaSkins wrote:
18 Dec 2019

€29
$29
£29

Just wait a little then until after Brexit :twisted:
use a vpn 😂

• Information