Sonic Reality Refills on sale for $5 each

Need some fresh sounds? Want to show off your sound design skills? Here's the place!

diminished
Competition Winner

25 Sep 2019

If this is legit, they look like a warez site from 15 years ago.
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

boingy

25 Sep 2019

Hard to say whether that's legit or not but I'm amused at the Miroslav pages where they proudly boast that the refills are "Made for Reason 3".

Karim
Competition Winner

25 Sep 2019

YESSS! The brand NEW Reason 3.0 I would add
boingy wrote:
25 Sep 2019
Hard to say whether that's legit or not but I'm amused at the Miroslav pages where they proudly boast that the refills are "Made for Reason 3".
Karim Le Mec : Dj/Producer/Label Owner ( :reason: 11.3+ R12  IMac 2016 21")
FOLLOW Karim Le Mec
https://www.youtube.com/user/lemecdj
https://karimlemec.weebly.com/
https://soundcloud.com/karimlemec
https://t.me/reasonstudiosworld

NekujaK

25 Sep 2019

The Miroslav refills are a good way to get decent orchestral samples on the cheap. They're a bit dated, of course, but they're still viable, especially if you're not interested in going down the Kontakt path.

As for the other refills, I bought most of them many many years ago during some crazy mega-sale, and I gotta say, they are some of the worst sample libraries I've encountered. The instruments sound dull and uninspiring with no character, and with no articulation variations. I suppose if you need a few simple sounds, they might do the job, but there are better choices out there for sampled instruments - in the VST world.
wreaking havoc with :reason: since 2.5
:arrow: https://soundcloud.com/nekujak-donnay/sets

Proboscis

25 Sep 2019

Already owning a few SR refills, I have to say to look at them these days, the skin designs are awfully dated.

As for that site, the domain has been registered since 2000. The owner is 'Savvy Investments LLC', a company operating in Mumbai, India. And a site snapshot from the wayback machine shows that they have been selling Sonic Reality products for 18 years
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (146.97 KiB) Viewed 8868 times

avasopht
Competition Winner

25 Sep 2019

boingy wrote:
25 Sep 2019
They are 100% legit. This site belongs to Sonic Reality.

From here (Sonic Reality website): https://sonicreality.com/landingpages/reasonrefills.php
- All links on main menu go to esoundz.com
- And all pages linked to from the home page features the esoundz logo

Also the Sonic Reality YouTube account links back to sonicreality.com.

Reputable publications link to sonicreality.com

miscend

25 Sep 2019

Yeah the Esoundz site is definitely legal its not selling Warez or anything like that. It's just that the site was never updated so it looks like a site from the early days of the internet. Sonic Reality are legit too, they worked on the factory library for both Reason and IK Sampletank.

Miroslav is a nice option for strings because its in the NNXT format and you have a bit more editing flexibility. A lot of the Kontakt string libraries lock up the samples so you can't edit them much.

outdatedstandard

07 Dec 2019

Last edited by outdatedstandard on 09 Dec 2020, edited 1 time in total.

mcatalao
    Competition Winner

08 Dec 2019

Advanced apology for the bluntness...

They are definitely legit. But they're Very dated... They might be ok'ish but imho, they do not add anything to the current state of Reason 11 sounds, so if you have R11... They're maybe not worth the HD Space...

Miroslav is also very dated. They can't stand up to the current developments of Orchestral lybrary. So... Better to keep the money for a good VST lybrary. For something more intimate you can get StringWerk. But keep in mind they are not the big Orchestra you might be looking for.

avasopht
    Competition Winner

10 Dec 2019

mcatalao wrote:
    08 Dec 2019
    Advanced apology for the bluntness...

They are definitely legit. But they're Very dated... They might be ok'ish but imho, they do not add anything to the current state of Reason 11 sounds, so if you have R11... They're maybe not worth the HD Space...

Miroslav is also very dated. They can't stand up to the current developments of Orchestral lybrary. So... Better to keep the money for a good VST lybrary. For something more intimate you can get StringWerk. But keep in mind they are not the big Orchestra you might be looking for.
    Yes, SR is dated, but they passed the critical point for popular music IMO. You might want to tweak the sounds with some EQ and warming and build new patches from the samples, but it's still a solid foundation to work from if you're willing to sculpt the sound to your liking.

Miroslav is a relic of the recent past, but also passes the critical point. Funnily enough I think I might have bought some VST strings last year I'm yet to try. Maybe I should give it a go and see if my opinion of Miroslav changes :D

It all does depend on the type of music you want to create, but I don't feel like I'd be missing anything substantial if I used SR exclusively.

MrFigg
    Competition Winner

10 Dec 2019

I like Miroslav strings. Totally ok.
    🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

motuscott

10 Dec 2019

I'm with you MrFigg. Cheap& workable. People need to stop hating on things that are old, maybe a little past their prime, fuck I'm describing me aren't I?
    Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

BananaSkins

10 Dec 2019

motuscott wrote:
    10 Dec 2019
    I'm with you MrFigg. Cheap& workable. People need to stop hating on things that are old, maybe a little past their prime, fuck I'm describing me aren't I?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Boombastix
    Competition Winner

16 Dec 2019

MrFigg wrote:
    10 Dec 2019
    Those are the old-old Miroslavs. IK has CE version on sale of v2, for $40, the whole orchestra, incl the new string samples. I might buy it, is sounds really good.
    10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
    Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

MrFigg
    Competition Winner

16 Dec 2019

Boombastix wrote:
    16 Dec 2019
    MrFigg wrote:
    10 Dec 2019
    Those are the old-old Miroslavs. IK has CE version on sale of v2, for $40, the whole orchestra, incl the new string samples. I might buy it, is sounds really good.
    I’d think about it a bit longer. There was another thread a few months ago when it was in sale and the whole download installation process sounded like a total pain in the arse. Here it is if you want to read before making a decision.

viewtopic.php?f=48&t=7514560&hilit=Miroslav

I’ve got the old refills and they do me just fine :).
    🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Boombastix
    Competition Winner

16 Dec 2019

MrFigg wrote:
    16 Dec 2019
    Boombastix wrote:
    16 Dec 2019

I’d think about it a bit longer. There was another thread a few months ago when it was in sale and the whole download installation process sounded like a total pain in the arse. Here it is if you want to read before making a decision.

viewtopic.php?f=48&t=7514560&hilit=Miroslav

I’ve got the old refills and they do me just fine :).
    Thanks, yeah I've seen that, and it is the reason why I hesitate...
    10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
    Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

NekujaK

16 Dec 2019

The original Miroslav concert grand is still one of my favorite all-purpose pianos. I always use it for composing sketches, and it's one of two pianos I reach for first when recording a track (the other is Toontrack's Upright). It has a nice even tone across the entire keyboard, and sits really well in a mix.

As for the SR samples... I never liked them back when they were originally issued and I like them even less now. They're some of the most lifeless and anemic sampled instruments I've ever heard, not to mention lacking in round robins, articulations, and adequate velocity layers. I suppose if you just needed a simple representative sound of a particular instrument, they might work, but if you're serious about having convincing sampled instruments in your songs, you need to look further.
    wreaking havoc with :reason: since 2.5
    :arrow: https://soundcloud.com/nekujak-donnay/sets

kitekrazy

16 Dec 2019

NekujaK wrote:
    16 Dec 2019
    The original Miroslav concert grand is still one of my favorite all-purpose pianos. I always use it for composing sketches, and it's one of two pianos I reach for first when recording a track (the other is Toontrack's Upright). It has a nice even tone across the entire keyboard, and sits really well in a mix.

As for the SR samples... I never liked them back when they were originally issued and I like them even less now. They're some of the most lifeless and anemic sampled instruments I've ever heard, not to mention lacking in round robins, articulations, and adequate velocity layers. I suppose if you just needed a simple representative sound of a particular instrument, they might work, but if you're serious about having convincing sampled instruments in your songs, you need to look further.
    That's more to blame on the NN-XT. Most of SR stuff came out when the sample playback industry seems to primitive. Back then they were pretty decent. Gigastudio was king back then. SR was a prime developer for IK's Sampletank.

HeresJohnny312

26 Feb 2020

omg the strings sound so toyish I would buy this is they paid me... sorry not sorry

• Information