VPS Avenger 1.5 released

Discuss VST stuff here!
EnochLight

30 Nov 2019

Manuel just released Avenger 1.5, a free update for Avenger owners. Just don't bother trying to install it anytime soon, as their servers suck. Been trying to download the Factory content for hours, and it's set to take a day. :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: It's got something to do with their (shitty) server network, as smaller Expansions only take minutes to download. I'm on stable/solid Gigabit internet, BTW.

Anyone check out 1.5 yet?

Check out more here:

Get it from your Avenger account here:

https://register.vps-avenger.com/
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Loque

30 Nov 2019

I just downloaded and installed everything. The extra Codemeter stuff is a bit weird. Not sure, what is with my old authorisation, but as long as i can use it, it is ok. I need to use a bound license, since i do not have a dongle/usb, which means, HD crash=lost license. I need to rethink my license/authorisation strategies...

Took around 1,5h to download the factory content, which is quite slow for around 6gb, but not that hoorible as many other users reported. Did not tried anything yet, except it started in Reason and imported the content :-D
Reason12, Win10

Mint

30 Nov 2019

Cool-cool. Been waiting for this one to drop in.
Thanks for the notice. :thumbs_up:

BananaSkins

30 Nov 2019

1.5.1 NOW :thumbs_up:

Goriila Texas

30 Nov 2019

Took about 15 minutes to DL but I don't see any expansions and when I try to import them they don't show up in Avenger. Anyone else having issues? Also the update V spot at the bottom left is gone so I don't even know how to DL the manual like I use too. Everything feels confusing now.

Edit: I see now we have to go to system and load all sounds but I did that and none of my exp show up.

BananaSkins

30 Nov 2019

Goriila Texas wrote:
30 Nov 2019
Took about 15 minutes to DL but I don't see any expansions and when I try to import them they don't show up in Avenger. Anyone else having issues? Also the update V spot at the bottom left is gone so I don't even know how to DL the manual like I use too. Everything feels confusing now.

I notice all the Expansions on the website state: Attention: VPS Avenger version 1.5.0 minimum required!

Goriila Texas

30 Nov 2019

I figured it out all I had to do was redownload the new versions of the exp packs :lol:

BananaSkins wrote:
30 Nov 2019
Goriila Texas wrote:
30 Nov 2019

I notice all the Expansions on the website state: Attention: VPS Avenger version 1.5.0 minimum required!

EnochLight

01 Dec 2019

All Expansions have to be redownloaded from your account, and you have to install Codemeter and authorize Avenger first. Expansions require Codemeter now.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Loque

01 Dec 2019

The new analog modeled filters sound excellent :thumbs_up:
Reason12, Win10

groggy1

01 Dec 2019

EnochLight wrote:
01 Dec 2019
All Expansions have to be redownloaded from your account, and you have to install Codemeter and authorize Avenger first. Expansions require Codemeter now.
Yeah, I had to reinstall expansions too, when only a subset were visible post upgrade.

The codemeter stuff was WAY more complicated than reasons implementation. Since Reason 1, I’ve never had to launch codemeter central app. What a painful experience of manual steps.

EnochLight

01 Dec 2019

groggy1 wrote:
01 Dec 2019
EnochLight wrote:
01 Dec 2019
Yeah, I had to reinstall expansions too, when only a subset were visible post upgrade.

The codemeter stuff was WAY more complicated than reasons implementation. Since Reason 1, I’ve never had to launch codemeter central app. What a painful experience of manual steps.
To add insult to injury, word is that Codemeter will have to connect to the web every 90 days to reauthorize Avenger's license. Manuel is getting a shit ton of flack for that over at KVR, so we'll see how that pans out.

EnochLight

03 Dec 2019

Just in case anyone is wondering, here's the changelog for Avenger. There's been a few point updates since launch last week - looks like now that it's out in the wild, more users have offered some helpful bug reporting:

https://www.vengeance-sound.com/plugins ... %20Avenger
Vengeance Producer Suite - Avenger / Changelog

1.5.3 changelog

-fixed crash when using cross FM Fixed Masterfilter bug (low volume on many presets or muted)

1.5.2 changelog

- tunefile is loaded correct for samples and multiloops now. (some presets had wrong volumes or wrong tune) Fixed Masterfilter bug (low volume on many presets or muted)

1.5.1 changelog

- Fixed Masterfilter bug (low volume on many presets or muted)
- fixed bug that The Import button on the Sys tab did ignore avxp2 fil

1.5.0 changelog

New major Features:
- New Synthesis Module: "Multiloop" Player. Plays for example Guitar loops in accordance with chord detection in min/maj or 5th, 7th etc..
- New Library of 54 Guitar loop Kits: 9 Distorted Guitars, 28 Electric Guitars, 6 Nylon Guitars and 11 Steel Guitars
- Timestretch algorhitm with Formant shifting and transient detection: Elastique Pro by Z-Plane
- 3 new Guitar Expansion Packs available: XP1 Distortion & Electric / XP2 Muted Nylon and Steel / XP3 Acoustic and Electric Bass
- Added new Vintage self-resonating filters from ArtsAcoustic: Awesome emulation of classic analog filters!
- New Filtertypes: LP12/24dB, HP12/24dB, BP12/24dB, BS12/24dB
- New Filtertypes with resonance distortion
- New Filtertypes drive dependant on input gain
- New Skin: White
-All previous skins updates to new functions
- Factory Library R7: Tons of new Stuff: FX Presets, Arp Presets, Envelope Presets, FX Chains, Drumkits, Shapes, Multisamples and Wavetables
- Over 90 brand new Impulse Responses for the "Impulse Reverb" increasing the number of available Impulses to over 200
- new latch mode for the ARP
- Free Expansion Pack! "Synthstruments"... digitally recreated real instruments via Wavetable, Combfilter and FM technology by Mirko Ruta
- 136 Presets / 12 Drumkits/SQs / 21 new Multisamples / 164 new Wavetables (Bass/Brass/Keys/Mallet/Others/Pluck/String/Voice/Woodwind)
- Added new copy protection system: You can now manage your 3 installations yourself (You now have the ability to de-authorize machines).

New minor Features:
- Further Improvement of ARP Chord Detection
- new Arp connect Mode: Notes can be tied together now. Use it for Portaslides or for the new Multiloop Module
- Arp does now display note Values in the Note Block for a better information
- Mod Matrix is now expandable over entire screen heigth
- New Button "turn on/off Chord Note-Mute popup"
- Drumkit Export now exports Drum-Rolls correctly
- New dynamic font size detection for XP browser title screen: no more cut fonts
- Mod Env Speed is now automatable polyphonic (each note gets its own values, for example you can automate speed via keytrack, velocity etc...)
- Added: ghost EQ drawing for drumslot-EQ modulations
- Added: 4 new MOD sources: Bipolar Random A B C D (goes randomly into both directions: positive & negative
- ARP Chord selector context menu shows currently selected chord as checked
- "mod env speed" is now per-voice. Modulation of this parameter is now independend for each voice
- resampler - the maximum number of wavetables is calcultated automatically now dependent on the length of the sample you load. Before it always was at max

Bugfixes:
- Fixed: added missing Undo function for the ARP Mode
- Fixed: low frames of Granular mod rings
- Fixed: a bug in the Chorus FX when you typed a value via keyboard there was the wrong value
- Fixed: a click in the Trancegate in conjunction with a granular sound
- Fixed: Arp routing was not loaded correctly in 1.4.10 You were not able to select other arps in the OSC routing!
- Fixed: several note hangs in conjunction with porta legato and endless sub mode
- Fixed: adding a shaper in the drum section routing now works correctly
- Fixed: Arp move left/right buttons could have lead to a polygon grafic error
- Fixed: switching the arp from chord mode back to up: the ranges of the notes were not correctly changed
- Fixed: presets which used the comb filters were sometimes loaded incorrectly (out of tune)
- Fixed: a clicking problem in the delay FX
- Fixed: a bug in the routing of the chorus FX
- Fixed: an aliasing problem with Arp in legato mode
- Fixed: audio preview in the sample browser now plays without click
- Fixed: "phase" in the WT editor was not working correctly
- Fixed: endless sub mode was not displayed correctly in the used voices counter
- Fixed: in the chorder there was zipper noise when automating the volume. This is now gone
- Fixed: drum kits had a slight latency in 1.4.10. This is now fixed
- Fixed: a bug in the AMP release when playing 2 times the same note
- Fixed: Wavetable first note trigger was not working correctly
- Fixed: a problem when the MST filter was muted when you switched to Talkbox
- Fixed: the Wavetable envelope reacted wrong to host tempochanges
- Fixed: "Phase" in the Wavetable editor was not working in conjunction with "First Note" trigger mode
- Fixed: audio clicking when switching chords in the Arp chordmode
- Fixed: Noise oscillator had a bug when it occasionally produces a freezed noise
- Fixed: Wavetable envelop is not set "on" by init default
- Fixed: Arp stayed not sync while host tempo was changed via automation
- Fixed: a problem with granular samples when you changed to 1 BPM and back in your DAW
- Fixed: LFO Synced Delay / Synced Fade did not follow BPM changes correctly
- Fixed: DrumSlot EQ LowPass/HighPass Mode now works correctly
- Fixed: rare OSC microfade "zipper" noise
- Fixed: non-static filter attack phase. Each new note should now sound the same if the osc sends the same audio
- Fixed: rare click sound after a preset was loaded and the first note was played back
- Fixed: drum sequencer midi export/import now rolls correctly
- Fixed: ARP midi-out. Now the Chord base note is also send to midi out
- Fixed: copy paste in DrumSQ. Now the roll information is also copied correctly
- Fixed: drum slot sample Reverse playback is working correctly with sample start/end points now
- Fixed: selecting / descelecting notes in the drumsequencer did sometimes not disable/grey out the parameter dials
- Fixed: master filter selecting "Talkbox" for the first time did result in silence
- Fixed: StepSQ. Filling the StepSQ with mousebutton held down did not set the correct values
- Fixed: drumsequencer - copy/paste is now working correctly for notes with "roll" settings
- Fixed: drum sample slot parameters will not change now, if a sample slot is "locked" and a new drumkit is loaded

Loque

13 Dec 2019

Man, they pull out patches so quick, that i even cannot download them all:
1.5.4 changelog

- fixed issue with new init preset detected as outdated
- fixed issue with latency-notification to the daw
- Midiwars is working again!
- wavetables and shapes from the freebies section (AKWF / Weidner WTs) can now be used again (redownload new version from our website)

And another slow download....Thankfully the file is small.
Reason12, Win10

EnochLight

13 Dec 2019

Loque wrote:
13 Dec 2019
Man, they pull out patches so quick, that i even cannot download them all:
1.5.4 changelog

- fixed issue with new init preset detected as outdated
- fixed issue with latency-notification to the daw
- Midiwars is working again!
- wavetables and shapes from the freebies section (AKWF / Weidner WTs) can now be used again (redownload new version from our website)

And another slow download....Thankfully the file is small.
This has been an awful launch that was way too rushed, IMHO. Manuel and Rene really messed up.

Loque

13 Dec 2019

EnochLight wrote:
13 Dec 2019
This has been an awful launch that was way too rushed, IMHO. Manuel and Rene really messed up.
The release date is more important than quality today...marketing fails
Reason12, Win10

danc

13 Dec 2019

Loque wrote:
13 Dec 2019
EnochLight wrote:
13 Dec 2019
The release date is more important than quality today...marketing fails
I wanted to update to 1.5.4 from an earlier 1.5.x version I installed earlier this week. It wasn't obvious what I needed to do... as I naturally navigated to the AUTO UPDATE process on the MANAGE ACTIVATIONS section - which I now realise isn't updating the plugin... it updates the activation of the plugin.

They certainly can improve their download/install/activate process. It has been written by someone technical who MASSIVELY assumes that we totally understand how CodeMeter works. I'm not complaining about the CodeMeter implementation... just don't expect a normal user to follow multiple steps to install. There should be one install file and it should do everything for you.
Check my Soundcloud:

dezma

13 Dec 2019

Yeah, they'll remember this black friday for a while I guess. At least I hope they do for the lessons learned. I've been holding off to install after trialing the beta where I couldn't see VST3 plugin. It's a bad evolution.

beta testing became alpha testing
x.0 release became beta testing

vengeance are not the only guilty ones

EnochLight

13 Dec 2019

Manuel essentially bailed on the official 700+ page KVR thread for Avenger just because he couldn't handle the criticism and realized it was a blunder with 1.5's launch. He said he'd only post marketing updates (Expansion releases, etc) from now on and told everyone to contact support with any issues. :roll:

danc

13 Dec 2019

EnochLight wrote:
13 Dec 2019
Manuel essentially bailed on the official 700+ page KVR thread for Avenger just because he couldn't handle the criticism and realized it was a blunder with 1.5's launch. He said he'd only post marketing updates (Expansion releases, etc) from now on and told everyone to contact support with any issues. :roll:
Maybe Manuel should see it as a positive (even if he has blundered with multiple 1.5.x iterations)... because if people moan about your repeated updates, then at least you know that you have something good on your hands. Because people are keen to get the latest stable build - just frustrated that it's taking a few weeks to settle down.

Whereas... it's much worse if you launch an update and you get next to no response! Meaning you have a pointless turkey on your hands!
Check my Soundcloud:

Loque

13 Dec 2019

danc wrote:
13 Dec 2019
EnochLight wrote:
13 Dec 2019
Maybe Manuel should see it as a positive (even if he has blundered with multiple 1.5.x iterations)... because if people moan about your repeated updates, then at least you know that you have something good on your hands. Because people are keen to get the latest stable build - just frustrated that it's taking a few weeks to settle down.

Whereas... it's much worse if you launch an update and you get next to no response! Meaning you have a pointless turkey on your hands!
Its always a bad idea to communicate directly and open to the community, because this will end up in a mess. I saw several time, as soon as someone from PH was here, they got bombed with "you need to...", "you should...", "please make...", "you really must...", "blablabla..."...And as a customer service in the new social media stuff you just can loose...

I respect a few devs have such a big patience and endurance to hold against, especially the KVR, rude tone, but in the end they loose all.Better keep the communication passive or out of the public. We here in the Reason community lost Ochen.K., which is quite sad, through this way of communication...just an example...

Due to Avenger 1.5...man, the big change in the authorisation system should have been made a bit more smooth - its not even possible to buy a cmkey on their site! Really? And for the bugs...well, as soon as 1000 more ppl touch your software, you get bug reports...thats for sure. But sometimes i have a feeling, that some developers do not have much quality assurance. I did not noticed any problems in Avenger 1.5, but maybe i just did not used it intensivley enough. I have lots of other VSTs that crash within minutes after i put them in the first time...So, from my POV they are currently doing ok...
Reason12, Win10

m.arthur

13 Dec 2019

It's a nice update. The new copy protection was a little confusing at first, but once I understood the main points (you get three authorizations of everything, and you have to download everything from scratch, regardless of what you had installed before) it wasn't much of an issue.

It's a beastly synth. Those guys pour a lot of blood, sweat and tears into this product, it must be difficult to see the endless batch and moaning from the entitled KVR shoppers. They get 8 out of 10 feature requests and spend 99% of their energy batch about the lack of 9 and 10.

anyway, did I say it's beastly? It really is. The 'one key' presets are kind of absurd, I seriously wonder how often those get used in 'professional' music (my guess is somewhere near Never) but I guess they do a good job showing off the 'possibilities' of the synth. And that kind of stuff has always been Vengeance 'image', so....

Apparently a future update, per discussion with the dev in the forum,
will at last include multiple drum patterns, which is the only thing I think is sorely lacking from the behemoth at this point. But I'm not upset about it, mind you :)

-M

groggy1

13 Dec 2019

I was really annoyed at the codemeter change, since it requires multiple manual steps that were confusing.

With reason, we’re used codemeter for years, and it’s seamless. I didn’t even know there was a codemeter tool I could launch!

But with avenger, I felt like I was doing brain surgery. Tried to put the key on my codemeter usb, but it told me the device was too old.

EnochLight

13 Dec 2019

m.arthur wrote:
13 Dec 2019
It's a nice update. The new copy protection was a little confusing at first, but once I understood the main points (you get three authorizations of everything, and you have to download everything from scratch, regardless of what you had installed before, and every 90 days or so Avenger will need to be re-authorized for offline use - needing an Internet connection - so don't ever be a touring musician that relies on it) it wasn't much of an issue.
Fixed that for you. ;) :puf_bigsmile:

But yeah, the update was pretty cool aside from the massive bugs requiring frequent point updates (a total of 4 fixes in the 2 weeks since it was released), the CodeMeter snafus, and the blatant confusion sent regarding whether or not you could use an actual CodeMeter USB dongle.

m.arthur

13 Dec 2019

EnochLight wrote:
13 Dec 2019
m.arthur wrote:
13 Dec 2019
It's a nice update. The new copy protection was a little confusing at first, but once I understood the main points (you get three authorizations of everything, and you have to download everything from scratch, regardless of what you had installed before, and every 90 days or so Avenger will need to be re-authorized for offline use - needing an Internet connection - so don't ever be a touring musician that relies on it) it wasn't much of an issue.
Fixed that for you. ;) :puf_bigsmile:

But yeah, the update was pretty cool aside from the massive bugs requiring frequent point updates (a total of 4 fixes in the 2 weeks since it was released), the CodeMeter snafus, and the blatant confusion sent regarding whether or not you could use an actual CodeMeter USB dongle.
U angry bro?

Go make your 'case' to an audience who cares. It's not the users of a Reason forum, that's for sure.

• Information