Waves Plugin Update Plan Expired???

Discuss VST stuff here!
MrFigg
Competition Winner

03 Dec 2019

Decided to install AudioTrack Plugin from Waves. I have a license on my Waves account but the Plugin doesn't appear as an option to install in Waves Cenral. On my account it says "update plan expired". Also beside the two free BF VSTs it gives an expiry date for them too. Can anyone tell me what's going on? Thanks
πŸ—² 2ΰ₯ ᛉ

BananaSkins

03 Dec 2019

MrFigg wrote: ↑
03 Dec 2019
Decided to install AudioTrack Plugin from Waves. I have a license on my Waves account but the Plugin doesn't appear as an option to install in Waves Cenral. On my account it says "update plan expired". Also beside the two free BF VSTs it gives an expiry date for them too. Can anyone tell me what's going on? Thanks

It means you have to put your hands in your pockets and pull out some Euros

https://www.waves.com/support/waves-update-plan

BananaSkins

03 Dec 2019

Sorry krona ;)

MrFigg
Competition Winner

03 Dec 2019

BananaSkins wrote: ↑
03 Dec 2019
03 Dec 2019

It means you have to put your hands in your pockets and pull out some Euros

https://www.waves.com/support/waves-update-plan
Ok...but if I don't want to upgrade to the latest version of the plugin where do I download the version I already own? I've looked everywhere I can think of.
πŸ—² 2ΰ₯ ᛉ

Imaginary191
Competition Winner

03 Dec 2019

I think older version of their plugins can be downloaded from https://www.waves.com/downloads -> LEGACY VERSIONS. But I don't know how it works exactly (offline installer?). I read something about this in similar thread on KVR forum recently. I have several V10 plugins myself, they are working so far and I refuse to believe that they were meant to work just for a while.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

03 Dec 2019

Imaginary191 wrote: ↑
03 Dec 2019
I think older version of their plugins can be downloaded from https://www.waves.com/downloads -> LEGACY VERSIONS. But I don't know how it works exactly (offline installer?). I read something about this in similar thread on KVR forum recently. I have several V10 plugins myself, they are working so far and I refuse to believe that they were meant to work just for a while.
A good while ago when VST support was first introduced I got a Waves Plug-in for free. The Waves installer annoyed me so much that I decided that I'd never use another VST again. I know better now of course, and have some awesome devices, but that Waves experience was and still is a total pain. Others may disagree :).
πŸ—² 2ΰ₯ ᛉ

Boombastix
Competition Winner

03 Dec 2019

v10 and v11 installers have worked just fine for me. But check KVR I saw something there about installing old installers to get back v9 or earlier versions. Something like that...
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

03 Dec 2019

Boombastix wrote: ↑
03 Dec 2019
v10 and v11 installers have worked just fine for me. But check KVR I saw something there about installing old installers to get back v9 or earlier versions. Something like that...
Thanks :) but I'm done with Waves. I uninstalled Waves Central and when I tried to start Reason it wouldn't open because it was searching in folders which WC had created and which I had deleted. Had to go in the back road and delete the VST preferences in User Roaming Data in Windows. Total pain. I'm just glad I knew what the problem was and how to fix it.
πŸ—² 2ΰ₯ ᛉ

guitfnky

03 Dec 2019

love my Waves plugins. the installer has never given me any issues. I guess different strokes and all that.
I write good music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

MrFigg
Competition Winner

03 Dec 2019

guitfnky wrote: ↑
03 Dec 2019
love my Waves plugins. the installer has never given me any issues. I guess different strokes and all that.
Rocksteady and easy skanking and all that :)
πŸ—² 2ΰ₯ ᛉ

Loque

03 Dec 2019

This plugin crashed way to often. It's crapware IMO. Not worth the hassle.
Reason12, Win10

motuscott

03 Dec 2019

Mind if I steal the name Crapware for my new line of plug ins?
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? πŸ§‚

adfielding

03 Dec 2019

03 Dec 2019
A good while ago when VST support was first introduced I got a Waves Plug-in for free. The Waves installer annoyed me so much that I decided that I'd never use another VST again. I know better now of course, and have some awesome devices, but that Waves experience was and still is a total pain. Others may disagree :).
Nope, I totally agree. I've grabbed a few freebies over the years, and ended up buying the SSL G-Master Buss compressor plugin to use in Studio One (way before Reason Rack was a thing) as it was on offer at the time.

When I switched my main system at the start of this year, I had to re-install everything - nothing else gave me any grief except for this one plug-in. I had to download a 3.3gb legacy installer to use it, which was not made clear until after I had tried to install it using the most recent version of Waves Center. Even overlooking the absurdity of downloading 3.3gb of stuff to use a single comp plug-in, re-authorising it was a pain in the arse. All told, I maintain that it would have been quicker and easier to acquire a pirated copy over the version I actually paid for. That really, really sucks.

I've since picked up a few more freebies which I've never used because I just can't be bothered to deal with Waves Central any more, and even my G-Master Buss VST is redundant given that I can use Reason in Studio One now. I guess if you have a bunch of Waves plug-ins that you rely on regularly then the process would probably be worth it, but if you're using one or two plug-ins like me then it's hard to justify the hassle.

WeLoveYouToo

04 Dec 2019

03 Dec 2019
yeah, i just dealt with this while demoing some v1q plugs this black friday.
you still own the plugin, juat not in the v11 version.
the current waves central app can install v10 and v11 plugs from online.
to install v9, you need to download a file from waves.com called offline legacy installer.
then you can choose that folder in waves central v11 to install the v9 plugs.
i just did this after my v9 mysteriously disapeared.
waves is a hassle with it’s drm, but some of their vst’s are worth dealing with it.

rgdaniel

04 Dec 2019

03 Dec 2019
I had exactly the same experience. In fact, I was so befuddled by the Waves install process, I somehow ended up with TWO versions of the freebie on my Props account. Props said they were unable to delete one of them, I'd have to talk to Waves people. Fair enough. But I had had enough by then, and swore off all things Waves. The plugin seemed a bit lame anyway, although that may have been my shortfall... Put me off VSTs altogether, briefly, until I realized other installers were not necessarily so perilous or painful.

Kalm

05 Dec 2019

Honestly Waves Central kept me with Waves. Mainly the Greg Wells and Ren/Maxx Plugins.
Courtesy of The Brew | Watch My Tutorials | Mac Mini Intel i7 Quad-Core | 16 GB RAM | Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB | Reason 11 Suite | Studio One 5 Professional | Presonus Quantum | Komplete Kontrol 49 MK2 | Event Opals | Follow me on Instagram

MrFigg
Competition Winner

07 Dec 2019

Waves are total fannies. Just checked my c drive. Waves nuts and bolts all over the place. Hate them even more now.
πŸ—² 2ΰ₯ ᛉ

• Information