(Melodic Ambient) - Air

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

03 Dec 2019

A very simple song. Just a melody and bass. That's it. Both sounds come from The Legend synth, which is amazing btw.
I was going for a very clean, non abrasive sound with this one.

diminished
Competition Winner

03 Dec 2019

Damn fine job on the lead, both the melody and the sound. That little glissando/strum is giving me goosebumps..
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

03 Dec 2019

diminished wrote:
03 Dec 2019
Damn fine job on the lead, both the melody and the sound. That little glissando/strum is giving me goosebumps..
Thanks man, appreciate it.
I've had this melody laying around for a long time. I've tried to turn this into a longer track many times or had ideas of adding arrangement to it, but everytime I did something just felt off. So I decided to just keep the core/melody instead of trying to add anything.

Benedict
Competition Winner

03 Dec 2019

Ooh, that's a nice melody you have there. Somewhat Scottish I think.
That could definitely go places but it has to be from developing the melody and story it brings.

:-)
Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

05 Dec 2019

Benedict wrote:
03 Dec 2019
That could definitely go places but it has to be from developing the melody and story it brings.

Thanks. Yeah maybe I'll stumble upon something good to add to it in the future. Who knows? But for now I'll leave it as it is. I guess there's always he possibilty to make different versions of it. One clean simple version (this one) and another more developed version.

Benedict
Competition Winner

05 Dec 2019

TritoneAddiction wrote:
05 Dec 2019
Benedict wrote:
03 Dec 2019

Thanks. Yeah maybe I'll stumble upon something good to add to it in the future. Who knows? But for now I'll leave it as it is. I guess there's always he possibilty to make different versions of it. One clean simple version (this one) and another more developed version.
Yeh, sometimes I have a melody (or idea) I just really don't want to develop past the first flush at all.

Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

Eski

12 Dec 2019

Good work - just love that gritty warm bass sound that this synth produces - I'm trying to hold back from buying 'The Legend' RE and listening to this hasn't helped. arrrr :)

bitley

12 Dec 2019

Very nice. This was actually also the lead / flute over the mountains / down in the valleys kind of feeling I was going for with the Malström patch Amazing Lead that I made in 2002 —which you all have in the FSB since then. :-) I wonder if my short demo clip of it still is up on Reason Studios webpage somewhere? Must search :-)

diminished
Competition Winner

12 Dec 2019

They sound nothing alike in the lower registers.
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

bitley

12 Dec 2019

Lol - here's the demo I made back then. Just hit rec and didn't know what to play but the guys thought it was great :) Sounds OK at some places after that horrible "oriental" beginning. It's the Folk Future demo.

http://web.archive.org/web/200404281014 ... rheads.se/

(The URL is flaky, sorry for that - go Reason > Closeup on Reason > Malström)

(Made demo 2 further down on that page as well, another patch also in the FSB, name?)

* A bit of Reason nostalgia for y'all, sorry for stealing the thread :)
Last edited by bitley on 12 Dec 2019, edited 1 time in total.

diminished
Competition Winner

12 Dec 2019

Here it is..
playbackofaflutesample.JPG
playbackofaflutesample.JPG (74.07 KiB) Viewed 1376 times

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

12 Dec 2019

Eski wrote:
12 Dec 2019
Good work - just love that gritty warm bass sound that this synth produces - I'm trying to hold back from buying 'The Legend' RE and listening to this hasn't helped. arrrr :)
Just buy it. Trust me you'll be a much happier person for it. :) Sure it's not the broadest synth, but it's easily one the best, if not THE BEST sounding one I've come across. The filter, Drive knob, built in reverb. All wonderful stuff.
If you don't have a bunch of Synapse stuff already get the Synapse RE Collection. It goes for 149 right now. During the sale the price was at 99. Either way it's a super deal.

If you're interested in hearing more Legend stuff I've got plenty of "Legend only" tracks. View them as Legend demos if want. :D

"Legend" and "Bubbles" are nothing but the Legend. No samples.
"Modecca" and "Voltage Overload" are also all Legend but there's samples for drums.

bitley

12 Dec 2019

diminished wrote:
12 Dec 2019
Here it is.. playbackofaflutesample.JPG
(Yeah! The idea was to play with the settings on that oscillator like index, speed, shift - depending on the piece you are working on. I use it a lot even these days, actually made a track with it yesterday where I compressed & disted & processed it a lot. Made follow-up Combi patches on it in Orlando JX10 btw / lead sounds directory.)

Micha1973

12 Dec 2019

great! :exclamation:
Music Is My Life
&
Reason 12 sounds better :essentials:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsW3Wr ... gA05XklBng

cocoazenith

12 Dec 2019

It's amazing really.

Love the note choice for the beggining of the lead part and the fact that the 6th note has a lower velocity.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

14 Dec 2019

Micha1973 wrote:
12 Dec 2019
great! :exclamation:

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

14 Dec 2019

cocoazenith wrote:
12 Dec 2019
It's amazing really.

Love the note choice for the beggining of the lead part and the fact that the 6th note has a lower velocity.
Thanks, appreciate it.
The "flute" patch is very expressive and dynamic as it is. So fun to play with. Can't remember what it's called now but it's somewhere in all the Legend presets.

Wav-E

16 Dec 2019

Very good, nice melody, the flute sound is very good, i have also Legend but i didn´t try yet seriously :)
Next year for sure
great work
:thumbs_up:

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

17 Dec 2019

Wav-E wrote:
16 Dec 2019
Very good, nice melody, the flute sound is very good, i have also Legend but i didn´t try yet seriously :)
Next year for sure
great work
:thumbs_up:
Thanks. Yeah you should definitely spend some time with it. Have fun.

• Information