PG8X based: WB PG8X

Need some fresh sounds? Want to show off your sound design skills? Here's the place!
MarkTarlton

30 Nov 2019

Is there anything in there similar to what The Cure was using back during Disintegration?

Heigen5

30 Nov 2019

moneykube wrote:
30 Nov 2019
yes... some reason downlod failed twice... got it now... wow...thanks a ,it looks great :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:
Google for a free download manager and you can always continue where your download failed. :cool:
For the future downloads..

bitley

30 Nov 2019

MarkTarlton wrote:
30 Nov 2019
Is there anything in there similar to what The Cure was using back during Disintegration?
I'm not sure... I love The Cure but they've released so very much stunning music. Do you have any example sounds in mind? Right now I just rediscovered my old Suede collection by the way. Before that I played lots of house, hiphop and drum & bass. And Depeche...

raymondh

30 Nov 2019

Great Refill!

One way I've always enjoyed learning new sound design techniques is to analyse expert patch programming - and plenty of new things I can learn here.

I especially like all the dual PG-8X's in a combinator with the filter cutoffs mapped. Load up the patch and my MIDI keyboard slider is immediately mapped! Nice!

bitley

01 Dec 2019

Gee! I think I might have that on my old PC-300-ish Roland ED-ish - must try :) Deal good for ten more hours & next update should be out tomorrow I hope :)

jappe

01 Dec 2019

bitley wrote:
27 Nov 2019
I'll post all info on the site but naturally I couldn't log in, so I will link to the page when it's done.

What we have here is a new refill containing all of my JX8P and JX10 patches as well as the factory patches for the 8P of course. A rich sample bank with 1 GB of sounds is included, and things start to get Way Beyond when those strengths are combined. Anyway – there is a Black Friday time for everything and an introduction price time for everything so this goes out for just $12 until the end of November. As the site isn't up yet you can order it from here. Pictures, demo videos and so on will be added during the weekend I hope!

This sound bank uses the fantastic PG8X AU / VST plugin which is freely available (as donationware) from here.

(The Paypal link seems to refuse working, looking into it, please let me know if it works for you.)
Hello!

I tried to buy and selected to not use a Paypal account...but then I get directed to a page where I need to create a Paypal account.

Maybe you can add Swish as an option for Swedish customers:-)

bitley

01 Dec 2019

Thanks Jappe - I can't do that since I'm pretty sure those solutions cost a lot. PayPal is great for us little guys. Probably the only viable option really aside from PropShop.

moneykube

01 Dec 2019

solved...
I take it these banks and sysex files will indeed open in the software plug?
well so far so good ... only 3 folders did not work in the app version
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

moneykube

03 Dec 2019

like the refill thanks

Proboscis

03 Dec 2019

Your website is really terrible. Very bad design for a sales funnel.

raymondh

04 Dec 2019

Proboscis wrote:
03 Dec 2019
Your website is really terrible. Very bad design for a sales funnel.
In Bitley's defense, he puts his energy into making great refills - he's a superb one-man-band sound designer.

I don't think your feedback is very supportive or helpful (especially when there is no specific suggested improvement). By all means critique the big companies but let's support the under-dog ! :)

Proboscis

04 Dec 2019

raymondh wrote:
04 Dec 2019
In Bitley's defense, he puts his energy into making great refills - he's a superb one-man-band sound designer.

I don't think your feedback is very supportive or helpful (especially when there is no specific suggested improvement). By all means critique the big companies but let's support the under-dog ! :)
Sure that was a bit abrasive, but honestly that site design is atrocious. I can't even see where I can buy something. This comment and the first one *are* feedback points, regardless.

bitley

05 Dec 2019

Work continues & a new version has just been uploaded! :-) Some truly fun sounds in there now. I hope you guys can say something about the even newer sounds, would be fun to read.

Want to join in? Order link here.

Page updated just now;
https://bitleysounds.com/index.php/way-beyond-pg-8x/

(Now available from the menus too)

moneykube

05 Dec 2019

awesome... ok as an owner of version 1... how do I get the update? no email sent with new link for revised version. Is it the same link as version 1 was? There should be some sort of way to log in for updates imo.

bitley

05 Dec 2019

Your link is personal and it always points to the latest version. That was the idea.

moneykube

05 Dec 2019

awesome... sorry new with your way of doing things... I am glad I kept the link... it is a few mb bigger so I figured that might be the case (although sometimes those size estimates are wrong )... looking forward to playing around some more and hunt down the new patches... thanx :puf_smile:

bitley

05 Dec 2019

(For the sake of keeping the thread readable this was a reply to a question posted before - now deleted...)

Certainly not.
Last edited by bitley on 06 Dec 2019, edited 1 time in total.

Proboscis

05 Dec 2019

bitley wrote:
05 Dec 2019
Certainly not.
Well, all I can do is wish you 'good luck'

Guess I no longer have a reason to fool around with 'live' site design concept around your brand, if you're happy with the way your current web presence, user experience and sales are performing.
Last edited by Proboscis on 06 Dec 2019, edited 2 times in total.

bitley

06 Dec 2019

Thanks. You see if you'd approached this in a different way we could have had a discussion. As evident for everyone you decided to begin by repeatedly saying how terrible the site was and I guess for me that's not exactly how to say "Hello!".

Zac

06 Dec 2019

Time to shed those prickly spines and accept some help?

Proboscis

06 Dec 2019

bitley wrote:
06 Dec 2019
Thanks. You see if you'd approached this in a different way we could have had a discussion. As evident for everyone you decided to begin by repeatedly saying how terrible the site was and I guess for me that's not exactly how to say "Hello!".
*shrugs* if you wish to take the sensitive victim approach rather than take on board some valid critique of why your whole operation is a mess that is guaranteed to lose potential conversions, then you do that. I'm not sugar coating the facts to make it more palatable for your ego to digest.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

06 Dec 2019

Zac wrote:
06 Dec 2019
Time to shed those prickly spines and accept some help?
The major contributing factor in me not buying this refill or any future Bitley releases unfortunately.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

bitley

06 Dec 2019

MrFigg
Competition Winner

06 Dec 2019

bitley wrote:
06 Dec 2019
Hahaha. Hats off. That was actually pretty funny. :)
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

bitley

07 Dec 2019

moneykube wrote:
05 Dec 2019
awesome... sorry new with your way of doing things... I am glad I kept the link... it is a few mb bigger so I figured that might be the case (although sometimes those size estimates are wrong )... looking forward to playing around some more and hunt down the new patches... thanx :puf_smile:
Great :) I will let you guys know when there are updates — you can also check the file creation dates but if you keep your refills sorted it's easy to just replace the previous file. The newer version is always backwards compatible so updates only contain additions.

Anyone enjoyed the demo song in the refill btw? I didn't compare with the original but got into a slight Agent Cooper vibe recording the chords.

• Information