Reason 10 and 11 - Mac OS Catalina supported?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
baloo

03 Oct 2019

Wait new Catalina Mac OS this days.
But don’t know how work Reason 10 and 11 under it.
May be somebody tested?
RS need to create news in blog about Catalina support. As I know it’s must be released today.

MattiasHG
Reason Studios

04 Oct 2019

baloo wrote:
03 Oct 2019
Wait new Catalina Mac OS this days.
But don’t know how work Reason 10 and 11 under it.
May be somebody tested?
RS need to create news in blog about Catalina support. As I know it’s must be released today.
https://help.reasonstudios.com/hc/en-us ... s-products

Last Alternative

04 Oct 2019

Sure glad I saw this before updating!!!
https://lastalternative.bandcamp.com
:reason: 12.7.4 | MacBook Pro (16”, 2021), OS Sonoma, M1 Max, 4TB SSD, 64GB RAM | quality instruments & gear

baloo

04 Oct 2019

Good to know that we must wait update or any news.
Interesting what with reason 10
Today released only golden master OS

almo

08 Oct 2019

https://lifehacker.com/check-for-incomp ... 1838878141

I see Reason listed for the 7za library. So all they should have to do is update that lib. For now, I doubt R10 works on Catalina.

boomer

08 Nov 2019

It’s been a month. Anyone hear any update on this?

wendylou

09 Nov 2019

They are still testing. I took the leap, anyway, to Catalina. There are minor issues with mouse click beeps during song-saving when I change directories, and my UJAM Drummer auto-starts after loading a song with it but before hitting play. Weird enough, but otherwise, I'm making music and everything else seems OK.
:puf_smile: http://www.galxygirl.com -- :reason: user since 2002

ShelLuser

09 Nov 2019

boomer wrote:
08 Nov 2019
It’s been a month. Anyone hear any update on this?
It didn't really help that Apple decided to change the rules somewhere in between by changing even more stuff.

Trust me: it's not the Props' fault. I see the same anxiety in the Native Instruments forums (which I also started to frequent recently) because they also advice users to steer clear from Catalina until further notice.

Seriously... If you want stability and reliability you should not pursue the latest stuff and updates in the first place. Let it sink in, let others find the bugs and wait 2 - 3 months before upgrading. This is what I always do for my servers. The latest these days is most often far from the "greatest".
--- :reason:

rustyjennings

21 Nov 2019

Anyone hear of any updates or ETA regarding official support of Reason 10 on macOS Catalina?

vondersulzburg

21 Nov 2019

Running a installed Reason 10 under Catalina. No Problems. Installing Reason 11 is not possible because Apple causes a Error not able to scan the installer file. What ever this means.

Hopefully we get soon a update, because I want to proceed a clean Install of Catalina to get rid of all the waste from installed and uninstalled software.
MacBook Air 512GB SSD 16GB RAM, Reason 11 Suite, LogicProX, FL-Studio, Live10Suite

rustyjennings

21 Nov 2019

vondersulzburg wrote:
21 Nov 2019
Running a installed Reason 10 under Catalina. No Problems. Installing Reason 11 is not possible because Apple causes a Error not able to scan the installer file. What ever this means.

Hopefully we get soon a update, because I want to proceed a clean Install of Catalina to get rid of all the waste from installed and uninstalled software.

Thank you for the info!

wendylou

02 Dec 2019

I'm having an issue on Catalina when saving any Reason song file: every mouse click while browsing directories in the "Save" Finder window produces a "beep" as if something is in error. I also cannot resize that Finder window. This is only happening in Reason Studio 11.1, not other Mac programs in Catalina. I even downloaded and resintalled Reason Studio to be sure and this issue persists. Anyone else confirm? I'll contact Support but curious if other Mac users are seeing this?

RobBarnett

03 Dec 2019

I'm using Reason 10.4 with macOS Catalina on a late 2013 Mac Book pro i7 16Gb with no problems other than I can't register new or upraded REs - Authoriser reports the error "Download Failed". The REs which have failed are no longer available for selection in Reason 10.4
As Reason 11.1 is already notarized and ready for macOS Catalina, i don't think it will be too long before we see a Reason 10.4/Authoriser update

rustyjennings

03 Dec 2019

Hey RobBarnett, thank you for the reply. Much appreciated. Rusty

Steedus
Competition Winner

04 Dec 2019

Just saw the R10 Catalina update is available when I opened Reason tonight.

chimp_spanner

04 Dec 2019

Question for those of you brave enough to have taken the plunge! Does upgrading to Catalina mean that unsupported apps will no longer *install*, but if they're already on your system, they'll continue to work? Or is it the case that a whole bunch of things I rely on will just stop working?

Mostly it's just a handful of 32-bit file utilities and renamers. But they're so good/useful I can't be without them, for work.

Also can anyone tell me if I'll still be able to download and install a version of iTunes to continue running scripts for library management/exporting/conversion/etc.? Also need this for work. Cheers!

RobBarnett

04 Dec 2019

RobBarnett wrote:
03 Dec 2019
I'm using Reason 10.4 with macOS Catalina on a late 2013 Mac Book pro i7 16Gb with no problems other than I can't register new or uprgaded REs - Authoriser reports the error "Download Failed". The REs which have failed are no longer available for selection in Reason 10.4
As Reason 11.1 is already notarized and ready for macOS Catalina, i don't think it will be too long before we see a Reason 10.4/Authoriser update
Todays 10.4.1 has fixed the Catalina issues above. New and upgraded REs now registered in Authoriser and available for selection in Reason

rustyjennings

04 Dec 2019

RobBarnett wrote:
04 Dec 2019
RobBarnett wrote:
03 Dec 2019
I'm using Reason 10.4 with macOS Catalina on a late 2013 Mac Book pro i7 16Gb with no problems other than I can't register new or uprgaded REs - Authoriser reports the error "Download Failed". The REs which have failed are no longer available for selection in Reason 10.4
Todays 10.4.1 has fixed the Catalina issues above. New and upgraded REs now registered in Authoriser and available for selection in Reason
Cool! tnx.

wendylou

06 Dec 2019

chimp_spanner wrote:
04 Dec 2019
Question for those of you brave enough to have taken the plunge! Does upgrading to Catalina mean that unsupported apps will no longer *install*, but if they're already on your system, they'll continue to work? Or is it the case that a whole bunch of things I rely on will just stop working?

Mostly it's just a handful of 32-bit file utilities and renamers. But they're so good/useful I can't be without them, for work.

Also can anyone tell me if I'll still be able to download and install a version of iTunes to continue running scripts for library management/exporting/conversion/etc.? Also need this for work. Cheers!
Any 32-bit app simply will not run under Catalina, whether previously installed or not. I knew this before upgrading to Catalina. However, I got fooled thinking my Photoshop CS6, which is 64-bit, would continue to operate. But unbeknownst to myself and most Photoshop CS6 owners, we later discovered that the Adobe Authorizer was only 32-bit, so Photoshop just would not function in Catalina because the Authorizer would not run. Later, I explored installing Mojave in a Virtual Machine to run 32-bit apps again, but I decided instead to simply buy a Samsung T5 500GB SSD, install Mojave on it, and use it to run Photoshop and any other older 32-bit apps. Works like a charm, except that you have to reboot, but the SSD is fast so the boot time is not so painful.

• Information