game changing sequencer from roland

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
demt

02 Dec 2019

worth watching till the end its mindblowing new tune every 15 mins
Reason 12 ,gear4 music sdp3 stage piano .nektar gxp 88,behringer umc1800 .line6 spider4 30
hear scince reason 2.5

avasopht
Competition Winner

02 Dec 2019

That's quite similar to how Muzys worked, which is what I was using before I discovered Reason.

dezma

03 Dec 2019

avasopht wrote:
02 Dec 2019
That's quite similar to how Muzys worked, which is what I was using before I discovered Reason.
Maybe that's the game changer: you spend 10 times as much time doing the simplest things with the clumsy block copying etc.

xboix

03 Dec 2019

That's one of those classic demos where the much rehearsed expert makes it all look so simple and then when you try it yourself you spend more time in the manual than on the keyboard.

Notice, in particular, how he deleted a whole take because he had made a small error. I'm sure some of us do that but I'm also sure many of us dive straight into the piano roll view and edit the bum note.

I'm usually in a zone where if I hit a wrong note I try to keep going with the correct timing even if I screw up some subsequent notes. It's much easier to edit not values than to edit note timings.

avasopht
Competition Winner

04 Dec 2019

xboix wrote:
03 Dec 2019
That's one of those classic demos where the much rehearsed expert makes it all look so simple and then when you try it yourself you spend more time in the manual than on the keyboard.

Notice, in particular, how he deleted a whole take because he had made a small error. I'm sure some of us do that but I'm also sure many of us dive straight into the piano roll view and edit the bum note.

I'm usually in a zone where if I hit a wrong note I try to keep going with the correct timing even if I screw up some subsequent notes. It's much easier to edit not values than to edit note timings.
See if you can find a copy of Computer Muzys, which used to come free with Computer Music Interactive until the developer discontinued it due to a deal he made with a music hardware company.

I found it quite easy to use (plus it was easy to edit the sequences).

• Information