Fix the BROWSER !!!

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
Creativemind

30 Nov 2019

Seems to me they're never gonna update the browser to what people have asked for here:- 

Syncable Browsers on the fly, more intuitive searching (searches as you type) with tags and branches, audio wave display with brackets for audio files, refresh button for folders (and any new additions to the folder show up in a different colour), parts of the browser hideable / collapsible and icing on the cake, midi auditioning like what happens with Dr.Octo.Rex when you scroll through patches and what note or chord is played you can choose in the preferences for bass, poly, pads and strings and arpeggiated / rhythmic / sequenced patches. Choose the note or a chord for each, the octave and 1-5 seconds in length.

If they were going to add these features they would've added them before the Reason Rack Plug-In surely? else the browser in Reason will not reflect the browser in the Reason Rack Plug-In. I suppose they could be different but dunno. Something tells me they think it's finished.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

Wobbleburger

30 Nov 2019

jam-s wrote:
28 Nov 2019
To fix the browser it should be replaced with an extended version of something like loopcloud.
That would be so rad
In the 90s, my midi music was on the Baulder's Gate site. That was my life peak.
Reasonite since 2000. My music (and my old midi) can be found here:
https://futurewizard.org

reggie1979

30 Nov 2019

Never going to happen. Synced playback is probably one of the oldest and most requested features. Nope, they care more about how it's going to work in another host than fixing their own.

Again, not to be Debbie Downer, but ffs, if it's not here by now, when?

I marvel at Reason. But just recently (for necessary reasons) getting back into S1, it's clear how much is missing.

Man, it's a shit batch. I finally decide on "A number one" and it goes awry and I have to consider plan b :roll:

jam-s

01 Dec 2019

reggie1979 wrote:
30 Nov 2019
Never going to happen. Synced playback is probably one of the oldest and most requested features.
It's especially frustrating as synced loop play used to work before the browser got its makeover.

reggie1979

01 Dec 2019

I'm exploring S1 again and the browser is really good.

kuhliloach

02 Dec 2019

they just overhauled the browser actually! and the sequencer! The upgrade is called Ableton Live.

GRB

02 Dec 2019

reggie1979 wrote:
01 Dec 2019
I'm exploring S1 again and the browser is really good.
Same here, recently got S1 4.5 at a ridiculous price ($168) and trying to get into... I really like Reason but there must be some plan B, just in case :puf_smile:
R12 12.2d36 / Reason+ / R11 Suite - Win10 64bit HP i7 - 32Gb RAM - SSD / Scarlett 2i4 / Novation Launchkey 61 MK3 / Nektar Impact LX61+ / JBL 305 MKII

reggie1979

02 Dec 2019

Yeah, that is what it is for me.

Not to dis' on Reason, but have you noticed the updates even since 4.5? It's insane. So many feature additions, so many bugfixes, it's cray cray.

xboix

03 Dec 2019

kuhliloach wrote:
02 Dec 2019
they just overhauled the browser actually! and the sequencer! The upgrade is called Ableton Live.
Ha ha! You're a bad man. :thumbs_up:

elMisse

03 Dec 2019

Only if my mouse's back-button worked in the browser I would be quite happy lol

aeox
Competition Winner

03 Dec 2019

DougalDarkly wrote:
28 Sep 2019
RandyEspoda wrote:
26 Sep 2019
So that we can use it for search results with anything above 500 without having to pause for so long that our workflow is interrupted...
I just didn't realise anyone used the browser in this way - I've never used the search box!

I have a bunch of favourites in the sidebar, and I just navigate to the folder/s I need.
Yep!

xboix

03 Dec 2019

It's refills that are a particular problem - you can't rearrange or reorganise the contents. The browser needs to be able to build and maintain a database of all patches/sounds so you can search for all bass sounds or all sounds for a particular instrument. I have almost 100 refills and many of them contain sounds for several different instruments. I need a better tool to manage them.

Creativemind

13 Dec 2019

reggie1979 wrote:
30 Nov 2019
Never going to happen. Synced playback is probably one of the oldest and most requested features. Nope, they care more about how it's going to work in another host than fixing their own.

Again, not to be Debbie Downer, but ffs, if it's not here by now, when?

I marvel at Reason. But just recently (for necessary reasons) getting back into S1, it's clear how much is missing.

Man, it's a shit batch. I finally decide on "A number one" and it goes awry and I have to consider plan b :roll:
Well they have "eventually" added muting midi notes so never say never. :lol:

Just need to convince them how irritating those arrows are on midi notes and how much they get in the way. I like someone's suggestion on here a few months ago, the arrows should be absent till you get a certain pixel length from the beginning or end of a note when you need to lengthen or shorten a note.

reggie1979

13 Dec 2019

I just get frustrated. I don't understand why making reason "in another host" is so important vs. making REASON more important. It's not directed at anyone, just saying.

Creativemind

12 Oct 2020

To elaborate on the Midi Auditioning, after some thought.

Have an icon in the browser below the patch list in the pic which toggles between 3 modes which are specified with 3 colours:- off (grey), on (green) and on with sync (blue).

On right clicking the audition icon in mode 2 (green - so audition on but not sync'd) brings up a menu where you can specify what you want each patch type to audition, so containing all the same patch types as in the Reason Sounds menu:- Drums and Percussion, Bass, Lead, Plucks & Mallets etc with arrows next to them which you can scroll into like the menu's on Reason and it allows you to select things in boxes by hovering over them which highlights the conditions and then you click / select the appropriate ones.

It allows you to select which route note you want for each one - A-G#, the pitch (octaves 1-8), what type - a single note / minor or major chords available, the duration - half bar, 1 bar, 2 bars, 3 bars or 4 bars and looping on / off. Looping on means it loops back to the beginning after the duration specified. One shot drums and FX have no route note or pitch options in the menu.

On right clicking the audition icon in mode 3 (blue - on with sync) again, an arrowed hover menu comes up to allow you to specify some conditions for auditioning with sync:- ON, 1/16th, 1/8th, 1/4, 1/2, Bar. ON means it's tempo sync'd and plays immediately, the others mean it won't start (and only applies if the track is playing) till the start of the next 1/16th, 1/8th etc is reached. If a live snap amount has been selected but the track isn't playing, it acts as if it there isn't a snap amount selected and plays immediately as if it were just set to ON.

All of these are remembered as if it were a preference each time you load Reason, not going through that every time you open Reason lol!

Does sound extremely advanced for Reason. Thoughts?

P.S - Yeah they are pics of ears I found on the net and they may be a bit big lol! obviously a better and smaller icon than those.
Attachments
Audition Icon Idea.jpg
Audition Icon Idea.jpg (97.39 KiB) Viewed 1691 times
Last edited by Creativemind on 12 Oct 2020, edited 1 time in total.

djsmex

12 Oct 2020

Would be soo cool if the browser had remote support, allowing two-way midi control of navigating the browser without a mouse, at present you can only use patch up/down, which is limited to the current folder of patches. You have to use a mouse to navigate browser folders, favs etc and no remote control over the browser player.

PhillipOrdonez

12 Oct 2020

I just want the browser to be fast. Using the RRP on live, whenever I need a sample, I just search for it using live's browser and bring it into the device in Reason. Much faster that way 😞

Aosta

12 Oct 2020

My heart sinks when I open an old song and the dreaded 'some sounds are missing' dialog box pops up. I know I'm in for a long haul of manual searching or leaving the monitor to go make a cup of tea or scratch my balls for a while.

Maybe an idea is to turn the dialog box into a game of Tetris while it does it's search?
Tend the flame

Creativemind

12 Oct 2020

Aosta wrote:
12 Oct 2020
My heart sinks when I open an old song and the dreaded 'some sounds are missing' dialog box pops up. I know I'm in for a long haul of manual searching or leaving the monitor to go make a cup of tea or scratch my balls for a while.

Maybe an idea is to turn the dialog box into a game of Tetris while it does it's search?
:lol:

• Information