The Echo in Reason 11 sounds different ??? Bug?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
EnochLight

02 Dec 2019

seqoi wrote:
02 Dec 2019
What the hell ? Sorry guys, whoever seems i am trolling feel free to mute me. To those which insinuate i am trolling - get some life instead of spending and correcting people on online forums. Nice way to discredit and marginalize my efforts to solve my issues. Loque, fact that i am not agreeing with you in past does not make me or my issues "troll". Thanks.
I realize English isn't your first language, but no one suggested you were trolling. Unless your screen name is "exxx"...

viewtopic.php?p=477659#p477659

uhhhh.jpg
uhhhh.jpg (89.02 KiB) Viewed 1905 times
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

reggie1979

02 Dec 2019

I still have NO IDEA why the OP is called a troll. Please put an *(&^*&^*&^ in it. The person of the OP is expressing a legitimate point on their behalf. No need to belittle it, move on please. If you don't experience it, cool, explain why and MOVE ON from belittling him/her please!

reggie1979

02 Dec 2019

EnochLight wrote:
02 Dec 2019
seqoi wrote:
02 Dec 2019
What the hell ? Sorry guys, whoever seems i am trolling feel free to mute me. To those which insinuate i am trolling - get some life instead of spending and correcting people on online forums. Nice way to discredit and marginalize my efforts to solve my issues. Loque, fact that i am not agreeing with you in past does not make me or my issues "troll". Thanks.
I realize English isn't your first language, but no one suggested you were trolling. Unless your screen name is "exxx"...

uhhhh.jpg
Someone DID say he was trolling. Seriously people, pay attention.

challism

03 Dec 2019

reggie1979 wrote:
02 Dec 2019
EnochLight wrote:
02 Dec 2019

uhhhh.jpg
I believe the accusation was intended for username: exxx

....... but.............. this is getting off the topic..... troll , not a troll, whatever, who cares.... let's not call each other names and let's try to keep on topic here.

Thanks
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

reggie1979

03 Dec 2019

Hey man, I'm just keeping it real. I'm not accusing ANYONE OF ANYTHING. just defending the OP.

reggie1979

03 Dec 2019

And why should I even have to do that? Honestly, get over yourselves............

chaosroyale

03 Dec 2019

fwiw, I was replying to user "exxx", as you can see in my comment.

seqoi

03 Dec 2019

Ok guys. It's all fine. Thank you for your support. If i made wrong impression and no one called me troll drop me PM in case if i understood it wrong. I will publicly apologize, yes even to Loque. Sorry again people.

Let's keep this on topic.

When i get back i will post results. I will also write support ticket. Maybe they will have some more findings. On top of that i again want to mention that this issue of mine i reported may be MY ERROR like i was doing something wrong in Reason 11. Also i want to point out that this "difference" in sound is hard to describe for me. It's not instantly heard, it's kinda hidden. So far i managed to find one plausible explanation and that is Audio Preferences in Reason 11 with regards to different VST buffers (something like that). In the end maybe i was completely imagining this to myself (i doubt it but it can happen, not once i tweaked EQ, i heard changes only to realize EQ is turned off hah...)

Once again i want to thanks to those who contributed. I will DEFINITELY keep you posted when i get back from Budapest.

Talk soon and everything best from VERY very cold Budapest.

EnochLight

03 Dec 2019

reggie1979 wrote:
02 Dec 2019

Hey Reggie - how about you post a link with proof? I’m fairly certain I’m reading the same thread as you.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

avasopht
Competition Winner

04 Dec 2019

seqoi wrote:
02 Dec 2019
But apparently Reason 11 (and possibly 10.4 i can't recall) have new setting in Preferences which can improve VST performance but can alter sound and it timings. I have completely forgot for that change in Reason preferences. It's under Reason Audio preferences. Apparently it can cause different sound and to tell you honestly i am not sure did i switched that on or maybe this is ON by default in R11 installation? But i swear i haven't altered anything in Reason preferences. So maybe this new setting is resulting that i hear different sound.
Yes, that's what I meant with plugin renders matching the audio buffer size. In the past they all worked on 64 frame buffers, but the setting VST performance improvement changes all devices to process in batches equal to the audio buffer size. This will impact any patches with feedback (wiring schemes with loops) as well of the delays of some devices and their CV behaviour.

EnochLight

04 Dec 2019

seqoi wrote:
02 Dec 2019
avasopht wrote:
02 Dec 2019
Just a thought, but there could be a difference in how Reason is playing back live and exporting, resulting in the output showing no differences while it could be different while played back live.

Also check to make sure you have the same settings in both (sample rate, whether plugin render matches audio interface buffer size, default project has same mixer settings such as whether the MBC is switched on).

See if you can make a clear recording of both versions.
Thanks. Good points. My sample rate is always same. On "live" mixing and on exporting. It's always 44khz. Today when googling about my issue i stumped on to something which actually was not mentioned at all in this thread (but luckily for me i was being called a troll for expressing my issues). I can't test until i get home.

But apparently Reason 11 (and possibly 10.4 i can't recall) have new setting in Preferences which can improve VST performance but can alter sound and it timings. I have completely forgot for that change in Reason preferences. It's under Reason Audio preferences. Apparently it can cause different sound and to tell you honestly i am not sure did i switched that on or maybe this is ON by default in R11 installation? But i swear i haven't altered anything in Reason preferences. So maybe this new setting is resulting that i hear different sound.

I want to repeat that i am NOT sure is this what is causing what i reported above (different timings/sync in sound when compare R10 to R11) but i will check it out once when i get back. Thanks again.
avasopht wrote:
04 Dec 2019
seqoi wrote:
02 Dec 2019
Yes, that's what I meant with plugin renders matching the audio buffer size. In the past they all worked on 64 frame buffers, but the setting VST performance improvement changes all devices to process in batches equal to the audio buffer size. This will impact any patches with feedback (wiring schemes with loops) as well of the delays of some devices and their CV behaviour.
That's a great catch, and I'm willing to wager that is the likely culprit of the OP's issue.

@seqoi: your sample rate has been mentioned, but what about the audio buffer? In both tests with Reason 9/10 and 11, did you uncheck "Render Audio using audio card buffer setting (Improves plug-in performance)"? If not, are you running all tests at a 64 buffer setting?

Loque

04 Dec 2019

The buffer size should only affect feedback loops outside of a device and not inside. But, well, maybe...they have coupled it to the sample settings, but this would be über strange.
Reason12, Win10

selig
RE Developer

04 Dec 2019

Come on folks, no need for speculation - just do the test and post the results. If we all get the same results, then mystery solved. If not, we'll investigate further. We need more actual data!!!
:)
Selig Audio, LLC

EnochLight

04 Dec 2019

selig wrote:
04 Dec 2019
Come on folks, no need for speculation - just do the test and post the results. If we all get the same results, then mystery solved. If not, we'll investigate further. We need more actual data!!!
:)
Very true. My bad!

• Information