What controller is this?

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
BananaSkins

30 Nov 2019

What controller is this?

I have a small space (60cm x 25cm x 8cm) in my studio set up for a small midi controller.

I noticed this controller in a video - does anybody know what model / make this white controller is?

And if anybody could offer their advice on any decent small midi crontrollers that would compliment Reason I would appreciated it. :thumbs_up:
midi controller.jpg
midi controller.jpg (98.06 KiB) Viewed 1109 times

diminished
Competition Winner

30 Nov 2019

Korg nanoKONTROL2 (white)
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

BananaSkins

30 Nov 2019

diminished wrote:
30 Nov 2019
Korg nanoKONTROL2 (white)
Thanks for that, does it work with Reason I wonder?

Ive just read this on Amazon from a customer:

i found it almost impossible to set it up for reason and cubase. :( i haven't used it to make music once yet. I wish you more luck than i had.

estuary

30 Nov 2019

Hi

It works well for me, no problem
(reason 9/10/11 mac)

diminished
Competition Winner

30 Nov 2019

Hmm, it's listed in the list of remote devices, so I guess it should work as a MIDI controller? We don't know what this person was after when he/she bought it.
Obviously you can't play on it, so maybe grab a small keyboard with knobs and pads if you don't already have one.
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

BananaSkins

30 Nov 2019

diminished wrote:
30 Nov 2019
Hmm, it's listed in the list of remote devices, so I guess it should work as a MIDI controller? We don't know what this person was after when he/she bought it.
Obviously you can't play on it, so maybe grab a small keyboard with knobs and pads if you don't already have one.
Hey thats got me thinking, could I use my Microkorg?

BananaSkins

30 Nov 2019

estuary wrote:
30 Nov 2019
Hi

It works well for me, no problem
(reason 9/10/11 mac)
Thanks for that... :thumbs_up:

diminished
Competition Winner

30 Nov 2019

BananaSkins wrote:
30 Nov 2019
diminished wrote:
30 Nov 2019
Hey thats got me thinking, could I use my Microkorg?
I bet the answer is yes! Search the manual for "local off" - that basically decouples the MIDI functionality from the synth engine.

diminished
Competition Winner

30 Nov 2019

BananaSkins

30 Nov 2019

Thanks, reading now... :thumbs_up:

motuscott

30 Nov 2019

I use the nano2 with Reason. I either remote override it on the spot or have it in a song template with that already set up. If I wasn't such an oldster I would remote codex map it out or use that HaMu RE, but I've never done even the simplest coding and I've not been able to work that out.
Works great as a controller for a guitar rig or as a set of 8 fader, mutes and solos for your dub style mixes.
Attachments
Nano2.jpg
Nano2.jpg (512.05 KiB) Viewed 1031 times
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

BananaSkins

30 Nov 2019

motuscott wrote:
30 Nov 2019
I use the nano2 with Reason. I either remote override it on the spot or have it in a song template with that already set up. If I wasn't such an oldster I would remote codex map it out or use that HaMu RE, but I've never done even the simplest coding and I've not been able to work that out.
Works great as a controller for a guitar rig or as a set of 8 fader, mutes and solos for your dub style mixes.
Interesting - thanks for your input... :thumbs_up:

• Information