Failed Upgrade

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
GothicJJ

08 Nov 2019

Hi all, as an old Reason user (since Reason 4) and a Reason 10 owner, I bought a boxed upgrade to Reason 11 Suite (by Thomann).

I copied my license number as well as my registration code and an error message appears saying "Registration failed: Couldn't find an upgradeable license
Please try again or Contact support if your error persists".

Of course I opened a ticket but in these years, the very few times I needed to get in touch with Reason support, I had always late replies after 8-10 or more days.

Anyone here having this same problem ?

James

Loque

08 Nov 2019

Never had those issue. Are you sure, you have the R10 and the Upgrade11 on the same account registered?
Reason12, Win10

GothicJJ

08 Nov 2019

Loque wrote:
08 Nov 2019
Never had those issue. Are you sure, you have the R10 and the Upgrade11 on the same account registered?
Yes I am, unfortunately. I logged in and then tried to register my Upgrade to R11 Suite. More and more times, thinking it could be a server problem but... nothing to do so far.

The most irritating thing is that the Reason support is always, always slow... and in the meanwhile I feel like an idiot with my unusable upgrade.

Loque

08 Nov 2019

Since you did not provided much information, i can only speculate. You have a real R10 and bought a real R11 upgrade? Not some Reason Lite stuff or similar?
Reason12, Win10

GothicJJ

08 Nov 2019

Loque wrote:
08 Nov 2019
Since you did not provided much information, i can only speculate. You have a real R10 and bought a real R11 upgrade? Not some Reason Lite stuff or similar?
From Reason 4 on, I always had full versions of Reason. I upgraded until Reason 10 (full) and from R10 I'm upgrading to R11 Suite.I thought that it could be the easiest thing in the world to do but clearly I was wrong...

Loque

08 Nov 2019

GothicJJ wrote:
08 Nov 2019
Loque wrote:
08 Nov 2019
From Reason 4 on, I always had full versions of Reason. I upgrade until Reason 10 (full) and from R10 I'm upgrading to R11 Suite.I thought that it could be the easiest thing in the world to do but clearly I was wrong...
Aha, ok. Yea, they seem to have several problems with the licenses in R11 and authorizations. Maybe they have some more...

Maybe someone else has an idea...
Reason12, Win10

GothicJJ

08 Nov 2019

Loque wrote:
08 Nov 2019
GothicJJ wrote:
08 Nov 2019

From Reason 4 on, I always had full versions of Reason. I upgrade until Reason 10 (full) and from R10 I'm upgrading to R11 Suite.I thought that it could be the easiest thing in the world to do but clearly I was wrong...
Aha, ok. Yea, they seem to have several problems with the licenses in R11 and authorizations. Maybe they have some more...

Maybe someone else has an idea...
Oh, as they say, "misery loves company" :D

EnochLight

08 Nov 2019

GothicJJ wrote:
08 Nov 2019
Hi all, as an old Reason user (since Reason 4) and a Reason 10 owner, I bought a boxed upgrade to Reason 11 Suite (by Thomann).

I copied my license number as well as my registration code and an error message appears saying "Registration failed: Couldn't find an upgradeable license

Of course I opened a ticket but in these years, the very few times I needed to get in touch with Reason support, I had always late replies after 8-10 or more days.

James
Are you sure you're typing in the serial provided correctly? Typing in the letter "O" instead of the number "0", etc? Otherwise, yeah - you're going to have to file a support ticket and cross your fingers it doesn't take a week. They don't work weekends, so good luck.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Loque

08 Nov 2019

Might be a stupid idea, but did oyu checked, the registration already had worked? You checked your available licenses?
Reason12, Win10

GothicJJ

08 Nov 2019

EnochLight wrote:
08 Nov 2019
GothicJJ wrote:
08 Nov 2019

James
Are you sure you're typing in the serial provided correctly? Typing in the letter "O" instead of the number "0", etc? Otherwise, yeah - you're going to have to file a support ticket and cross your fingers it doesn't take a week. They don't work weekends, so good luck.
Yep... and to make thing easier, there are no O in the registration code. Never had such a problem in many years. And this was the third time I upgraded without buying the license directly from Reason shop. Maybe that was my fault.

GothicJJ

08 Nov 2019

Loque wrote:
08 Nov 2019
Might be a stupid idea, but did oyu checked, the registration already had worked? You checked your available licenses?
My available licenses are all there, from R4 to R10, so in this sense nothing disappeared. Maybe if I had bought the license directly from the Reason shop, I wouldn't have had any issue. But I wanted a boxed version.

GothicJJ

08 Nov 2019

I don't want to sound argumentative but among all the support staffs I ever had the chance to address (Focusrite, Line6, Nektar, IK Multimedia, Eventide, Sound Radix, Softube, Magix etc), Reason Studio's staff has always been the slowest one. I don't know if it's a matter of careleness or poor organisation.

Oquasec

08 Nov 2019

Digital downloads are the way to go
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

BananaSkins

08 Nov 2019

GothicJJ wrote:
08 Nov 2019
I don't want to sound argumentative but among all the support staffs I ever had the chance to address (Focusrite, Line6, Nektar, IK Multimedia, Eventide, Sound Radix, Softube, Magix etc), Reason Studio's staff has always been the slowest one. I don't know if it's a matter of careleness or poor organisation.
I take it you have no dealings with Cubase.
My latest support ticket is 15 days ago old and still no reply... :roll:

GothicJJ

08 Nov 2019

BananaSkins wrote:
08 Nov 2019
GothicJJ wrote:
08 Nov 2019
Quite the same time the Props took to reply my ticket some years ago... btw be Reason or Cubase, they should employ more resources in supporting the customer.
That's what I call "to bite the hand that feeds you".

BananaSkins

08 Nov 2019

GothicJJ wrote:
08 Nov 2019
BananaSkins wrote:
08 Nov 2019

Quite the same time the Props took to reply my ticket some years ago... btw be Reason or Cubase, they should employ more resources in supporting the customer.
That's what I call "to bite the hand that feeds you".
Your correct but I'm still waiting on Cubase.

Touch wood; I've had no long wait times with Reason support - but I've not needed to contact them for about 12 months...So I can not comment of the new Reason Studios support team.
Last edited by BananaSkins on 08 Nov 2019, edited 1 time in total.

xboix

08 Nov 2019

GothicJJ wrote:
08 Nov 2019
They have been ultra slow since R11 launched. I assumed they would speed up after the first week or so but they don't seem to have. All you can do is put in a ticket and wait I guess. :?

GothicJJ

08 Nov 2019

xboix wrote:
08 Nov 2019
GothicJJ wrote:
08 Nov 2019
They have been ultra slow since R11 launched. I assumed they would speed up after the first week or so but they don't seem to have. All you can do is put in a ticket and wait I guess. :?
Yeah, I'm already resigned to it... As soon as I will have any update, I will let you know - at least to draw a new statistic on their response time :roll:

FATHER

10 Nov 2019

Hey there. I'm in the exact same situation as the original post. :( The Thomann activation codes fail to register.

I'm also going from Reason 10.4 to 11 Suite, but the supplied codes just trigger "Upgrade failed. Contact Reason Support."

I wonder what is going on? I'm reaching out to Thomann first rather than going for (an apparently gruellingly slow) Reason's support system. I'm guessing they're not that excited by third party key sales or something.

why must I cry

: [

GothicJJ

16 Nov 2019

Hi, Thomann replied to me one day later. Reason Studios four days later. Anyway Thomann got in touch with RS' staff at the same time as Craig from RS answered my ticket. There was no clear explanation from both sides but eventually Craig had to register my upgrade by himself since I couldn't. Btw, since there are no more installation DVD's but only cards featuring license number and registration code, next time I'll buy an upgrade directly from the RS shop, you betcha !

FATHER

30 Nov 2019

Yeah, I was very fortunate to have Reason Studios really sort me out. I was pretty bowled over as I was under pressure from one hell of a music deadline and needed the upgrade to open 11 format song files, and they came through same day.

Göran, if you're reading this, you're a legend - and I need to thank you properly. Until then.

F

• Information