No sale price on upgrades?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
2chris

29 Nov 2019

I wanted to grab the suite update, but I’m glad they didn’t discount it for version 10 customers. That means there is no compelling reason to buy now, when I don’t need it. I’m looking forward to eventually getting the rack VST and not opening Reason ever again. If all they want to spend dev time on is the rack, making the vst is brilliant. Leave the daw work to companies with more resources and a bigger development team.

vondersulzburg

30 Nov 2019

I am so frustrated. :puf_unhappy: :thumbdown:

I have a reason light from a hardware buy.

Now they are discounting the upgrade from intro/light... (without any version limit) to Reason 11 for 179€. At the same time I still have to pay 129€ for the upgrade of my upgraded, upgraded, upgraded, Reason 10 to Reason 11. :puf_unhappy: :puf_unhappy:

Are they aware of loyal customer? I don't think so. They are only interested in new customers at the moment.

Not the best strategy. (It is not the amount of money, its the appreciation of long time customers).!!!!
MacBook Air 512GB SSD 16GB RAM, Reason 11 Suite, LogicProX, FL-Studio, Live10Suite

diminished
Competition Winner

30 Nov 2019

vondersulzburg wrote:
30 Nov 2019
I am so frustrated. :puf_unhappy: :thumbdown:

Now they are discounting the upgrade from intro/light... (without any version limit) to Reason 11 for 179€. At the same time I still have to pay 129€ for the upgrade of my upgraded, upgraded, upgraded, Reason 10 to Reason 11. :puf_unhappy: :puf_unhappy:

Are they aware of loyal customer? I don't think so. They are only interested in new customers at the moment.

Not the best strategy. (It is not the amount of money, its the appreciation of long time customers).!!!!
The only thing people feeling this way can do right now is to not give them any money. Not now and not in the foreseeable future, unless you NEED or 100% WANT to purchase something for whatever reason. Depending how hard you disagree with their company policy in general, you may also complain on forums and whatnot. They usually don't listen and don't care, but it's all we can do. Welcome to the club.

Having that said, upgrading something just for the sake of it is never smart. If you think about the way they behave from a consumer's perspective, as in, what they are inciting us to do, is to skip every other update. If they are fine with that and encouraging it, joke's on them...
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

gullum

30 Nov 2019

vondersulzburg wrote:
30 Nov 2019

you got it with a purchase so in a way you got it free with your hardware.
A loyal customer would buy only in that one place no matter the price. I am not a loyal customer in any way I buy where I get it cheapest

Just think about it, are you loyal if you decide not to buy unless you get a special deal?

vondersulzburg

30 Nov 2019

About 4 years ago I decided to stopp all activity in DAW hopping, because Reason was really what I wanted. The evolution of Reason seems to be given and I really looked forward to some up to date features added to the sequenzer.

-These would have been:
Zooming with gestures, a kind of folding or as it is in Studio One a apply to key, a vectorial GUI, markers, a better intergration of the blocks, a chord track, ARA-integration and MIDI enhancements and a upgrade to the combinators .....

But what did I get: a goto any other DAW you like and use this with Reason Instruments.

Schade. :puf_unhappy: :puf_unhappy:

But enough complained. As here often said I do not have to buy but I really would have spend my money with pleasure if there has been a little bit more for "I love to be a REASON only user". But the 3 FX where only needed for Reason Rack and all the other is not worth 129€.

finally: COMPLAIN OFF :!: :!: :!: :!:
MacBook Air 512GB SSD 16GB RAM, Reason 11 Suite, LogicProX, FL-Studio, Live10Suite

BRIGGS

30 Nov 2019

Cyber Monday?
r11s

Ad0

30 Nov 2019

I am currently on Reason 10, and the upgrade price for $129 is too steep to just get curves and a VERY limited plugin version.

If it had VST3 support in the main app, MIDI out in the plugin, VST support inside the plugin, integration like exporting MIDI from REX loop, multiple MIDI in, well then I would have jumped right on it.

But when I can't use VSTs in the plugin version and not take use of players either, then what's the point? Just a glorified VST-to-rack bridge. If you are really dying to use your REs in another DAW, fine, but most of my stuff has a VST version too, and the rest of my REs are players and utilities.

reggie1979

30 Nov 2019

It's good to see some common sense from time to time. It's perfectly reasonable to feel slighted by this. Studio One is a bigger company than the ex-props I'd say. They have discount fever with their situation, not discounting upgrades is just greedy.

niclas

01 Dec 2019

I found emusic.se has a sale on the upgrade. 895kr(about 85 eur). Don't know if it's possible to buy if you're not in sweden though.

Ixus

02 Dec 2019

niclas wrote:
01 Dec 2019
I found emusic.se has a sale on the upgrade. 895kr(about 85 eur). Don't know if it's possible to buy if you're not in sweden though.
Thank you for this!
I was not gonna upgrade otherwise. So I got Studio one upgrade from JRR shop, for $63 and Reason for this price, very nice.

Loque

02 Dec 2019

Ixus wrote:
02 Dec 2019
niclas wrote:
01 Dec 2019
Thank you for this!
I was not gonna upgrade otherwise. So I got Studio one upgrade from JRR shop, for $63 and Reason for this price, very nice.
If i calculate this, i get a price around 120€. Do you have different euros or other kr?
Reason12, Win10

Heater

02 Dec 2019

I paid for my upgrade from 9 to 10 and then from 10 to 11 in the same year. I’m done with the Props and I’ve been a loyal customer since v1. They are not getting any more of my money unless they radically rethink their upgrade policy.

buddard
RE Developer

02 Dec 2019

Loque wrote:
02 Dec 2019
Ixus wrote:
02 Dec 2019

Thank you for this!
If i calculate this, i get a price around 120€. Do you have different euros or other kr?
Most Scandinavian countries have their own kr with their own rates. He's referring to Swedish kr, or SEK.

895 SEK = 84.80 EUR

Ixus

02 Dec 2019

Loque wrote:
02 Dec 2019
Ixus wrote:
02 Dec 2019

Thank you for this!
Sorry if I was unclear, from JRR i bought studio one upgrade, I have no idea why it was cheaper black friday, all the times before it was a 74 eur or something like that. From emusic site R11 was 895 SEK which I translate to 84.77 euros. (I live in Sweden)

So grand total for both was around 142 euro.

Marc Swing

02 Dec 2019

Ixus wrote:
02 Dec 2019
Loque wrote:
02 Dec 2019

Sorry if I was unclear, from JRR i bought studio one upgrade, I have no idea why it was cheaper black friday, all the times before it was a 74 eur or something like that. From emusic site R11 was 895 SEK which I translate to 84.77 euros. (I live in Sweden)

So grand total for both was around 142 euro.
Good offers though think it is very strange that they list the following:

New features
- Scenic Hybrid instrument
- Complex-1 Modular Synth
- Trum Sequencer
- Layers
- Layers Wave Edition
- Parsec Soectral Syntheziser
- Polar Dual Pitch Shifter
- Processed Pianos
- Quad Note Generator
- Radical Keys
- Reason Trumkit
- Reasin Electric Bass
- Rotor Rotary Speaker
- Umpf Club Drums
- Umpf Retro Beats

Because I guess all of that isn't included in a regular update? Or is there some "mega offer" on the suite?

Ixus

02 Dec 2019

I have installed R11 now and that is a typo of their website, you dont actually get those suite things.
One could have hoped tho! Super cheese sale hehe

kitekrazy

02 Dec 2019

Ad0 wrote:
30 Nov 2019
I am currently on Reason 10, and the upgrade price for $129 is too steep to just get curves and a VERY limited plugin version.

If it had VST3 support in the main app, MIDI out in the plugin, VST support inside the plugin, integration like exporting MIDI from REX loop, multiple MIDI in, well then I would have jumped right on it.

But when I can't use VSTs in the plugin version and not take use of players either, then what's the point? Just a glorified VST-to-rack bridge. If you are really dying to use your REs in another DAW, fine, but most of my stuff has a VST version too, and the rest of my REs are players and utilities.
The one thing about Props though is their upgrades cost less than most DAW upgrades..

guitfnky

02 Dec 2019

kitekrazy wrote:
02 Dec 2019
Ad0 wrote:
30 Nov 2019

The one thing about Props though is their upgrades cost less than most DAW upgrades..
true. personally, I’d happily pay more if they’d give us more functionality with each release, in addition to all the innovative stuff that they always include.
I write good music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

vondersulzburg

02 Dec 2019

niclas wrote:
01 Dec 2019
Only working for swedish people. They want a Swedish adress. :shock: It is not possible to order it from Germany (or I have to use a fake Adress).

MrBlue

04 Dec 2019

Nice try !

• Information