Enlightenspeed's Loopcracker 2 is in the shop

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

28 Nov 2019

challism wrote:
27 Nov 2019
Despondo wrote:
26 Nov 2019
I found an error on the shop page...Can I get it for free? ;-)
I'd say you already got the error for free. :P
Ba-dum-dum-tsssschhhh!!! :puf_bigsmile:

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

28 Nov 2019

Hey folks,

Just a quick FYI, we now have all the manuals up, the Shop bundle page is now as it should be, and the first bug fix releases are available! We'll stick what will hopefully be the final version up soon.

Enjoy,
Brian

Despondo
Competition Winner

28 Nov 2019

challism wrote:
27 Nov 2019
LOL! :lol:

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

28 Nov 2019

Despondo wrote:
28 Nov 2019
challism wrote:
27 Nov 2019
As there is still clearly a heavy demand for licenses which don't have to be paid for using real money... :mrgreen:

I'm wondering about getting some sort of competition going, but I'm not really that sure how to go about it. I wanted something different, like possibly a GUI design contest or something like that. If you have any winner ideas for a good competition then I'd probably give out a freebie for that alone :)

Cheers,
Brian

challism

29 Nov 2019

A song competition using the Enlightenspeed Players, demonstrating the features. Best demonstration of features or most creative use of features wins. Maybe even a limited 8-12 bar loop, so people don't have to feel the need to undertake the writing of an entire song.

You could also have a video contest to demonstrate the features. Then you can use the videos to help promote your products, ie on the shop page.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

29 Nov 2019

challism wrote:
29 Nov 2019
A song competition using the Enlightenspeed Players, demonstrating the features. Best demonstration of features or most creative use of features wins. Maybe even a limited 8-12 bar loop, so people don't have to feel the need to undertake the writing of an entire song.
Ok, so competition idea 1 - have a song competition.

This is my last resort as so many other people have done it. There's also the problem that it's quite late in the day to do it, because a lot of people will have used trials of the various bundle bits over the period since they were first introduced in May.

We'll keep it in mind for now :)

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

29 Nov 2019

Enlightenspeed wrote:
29 Nov 2019
challism wrote:
29 Nov 2019
Ok, so competition idea 1 - have a song competition.

This is my last resort as so many other people have done it. There's also the problem that it's quite late in the day to do it, because a lot of people will have used trials of the various bundle bits over the period since they were first introduced in May.

We'll keep it in mind for now :)
I'll come back to these as the day goes on btw. I'm busy today, funnily enough :)

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

29 Nov 2019

Folks,

Something else that I want opinions/yays/nays on before I start working on it.

It has come to my attention that when using Note Alter, there is a heck of a lot of scope for wanting the Note Range and Velocity Range to have their own Probability knobs. Originally, the Note Range was designed to be either a low percentage probability of altering, or in sporadic high probability bursts - velocities were the same, as the original intention was more for messing with velocity crossfaded devices or clever velocity modulated patches in the NN-XT etc.

The introduction of Note Humanizer has added a lot of impetus to the drum capabilities, in fact, with Humanizer, Alter and Filter you get a heck of a lot of creative realtime power added in - I feel very proud when I hear my own results :) Taking this argument forward though, with Note Alter you now get the best results with a reasonably high static value for the Velocity Range. This is, of course, quite incompatible with having the Note Range switched on in the same device; it just goes crazy, and if used on drums like this is quite unintelligible.

The main arguments against are to do with backwards compatibility - if people have set up their Combi's with singular controls for the Alter/Filter probabilities etc (I've got this set-up in quite a few places now).

So my question is simple once the above bit is taken into consideration:

Who wants an extra Probability knob added just for the Velocity Range?

Your thoughts?

Cheers,
Brian

Loque

29 Nov 2019

Sounds reasonable to uncouple note and velocity, especially with drums.

For compatibility a backside switch could be the solution, like move the "old" one to the back, which can also be automated and saved in the patch and two new ones.
Reason12, Win10

PinkSlime

29 Nov 2019

I would agree, because it opens up to more fine tuning

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

29 Nov 2019

Righties,

Competition idea number 2.

This is kind of a weird one, and debatable as to how much of a competition it is as opposed to a community venture.

I like the idea of having a patch bank for the Loopcracker Suite, downloadable as a free refill that showcases not only the Loopcracker Suite, but also the entirety of the Reason Suite collection. For me, and I'm sure for many others, it was the case that I wanted the Suite upgrade to include lots of world-class patches, but we only got the individual device patches, not what the devices can do once patched up in multiple layer Combi's, CV'd to each other etc.

So how about the possibility of a dual project where we use something like GitHub, and build a HUUUUUUUUGE soundbank, The Enlightenspeed stuff in one folder and the general/Suite in another? I like the idea of patches being developed and improved a bit over time in order to get something really special going.

Consider this a bare-bones thing for now, but how does the idea strike with people? Is there a GitHub or similar collaboration going on already? I've been locked in a cupboard coding for a long while now, so I'm not actually sure what is going on :D

Cheers,
Brian

Despondo
Competition Winner

29 Nov 2019

Enlightenspeed wrote:
28 Nov 2019
Despondo wrote:
28 Nov 2019

As there is still clearly a heavy demand for licenses which don't have to be paid for using real money... :mrgreen:

I'm wondering about getting some sort of competition going, but I'm not really that sure how to go about it. I wanted something different, like possibly a GUI design contest or something like that. If you have any winner ideas for a good competition then I'd probably give out a freebie for that alone :)

Cheers,
Brian
Actually, I already own these devices. Just was pointing out the error, but that's been covered. Generous of you to offer up a competition though! :-)

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

29 Nov 2019

Despondo wrote:
29 Nov 2019
Enlightenspeed wrote:
28 Nov 2019

Cheers,
Brian
Actually, I already own these devices. Just was pointing out the error, but that's been covered. Generous of you to offer up a competition though! :-)
Sweet,

...and on that note. Competition idea 3 - As suggested by Challism - A video tutorial competition.
and competition idea 4 - My earlier one - have a GUI design competition for Chordbank. I can't guarantee that it would get used, of course, but I'm looking for hints more than anything else.

If folks can respond in some sort of way as to what sort of competition they fancy doing then I can investigate setting it up :D

cheers,
Brian

Timmy Crowne
Competition Winner

31 Dec 2019

Enlightenspeed wrote:
24 Nov 2019
So, basically, set up your kit then apply the Humanizer to taste, then add a Note Alter. Switch off the Note Alter's note section, switch Velocties on, then turn the Probability up really high, like to about 100% maybe, or close enough. Set the spread to about 30-60 somewhere depending on taste.
Hey Brian, I love these devices and they're finding use all over my projects, but I'm experiencing some unexpected behavior with Note Alter and Note Humanizer.
  • With Alter, trying to control the note or velocity spread with the rear CV inputs isn't having any effect. It seems the device is only reading the front panel's spread parameters.
  • With Humanizer, I notice that the randomization works perfectly for up to 4 notes simultaneously, but any notes more than 4 do not get their timing randomized.
My own user error could be to blame here of course. Any ideas? According to Authorizer, I'm using Note Alter v1.1.2 and Note Humanizer v1.0.2, which I believe are the latest versions.

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

01 Jan 2020

Timmy Crowne wrote:
31 Dec 2019
Enlightenspeed wrote:
24 Nov 2019
So, basically, set up your kit then apply the Humanizer to taste, then add a Note Alter. Switch off the Note Alter's note section, switch Velocties on, then turn the Probability up really high, like to about 100% maybe, or close enough. Set the spread to about 30-60 somewhere depending on taste.
Hey Brian, I love these devices and they're finding use all over my projects, but I'm experiencing some unexpected behavior with Note Alter and Note Humanizer.
  • With Alter, trying to control the note or velocity spread with the rear CV inputs isn't having any effect. It seems the device is only reading the front panel's spread parameters.
  • With Humanizer, I notice that the randomization works perfectly for up to 4 notes simultaneously, but any notes more than 4 do not get their timing randomized.
My own user error could be to blame here of course. Any ideas? According to Authorizer, I'm using Note Alter v1.1.2 and Note Humanizer v1.0.2, which I believe are the latest versions.
Hi Timmy,

Good to hear you are enjoying our plugins 😊

First up, there is a fix up and update batch coming at the end of January. It’s actually ready to go now but I’m waiting to see if any further issues turn up, so I’ll investigate the CV thing, but it might be fixed already in the “final” build which is on its way 😊 I can’t check this until tomorrow as I’m on a multi-day drinking session right now 😂

The 4-note polyphony on Humanizer is actually the current limit. There is a plan in place to extend this back to the original 16 - it was playing havoc with Direct Record before though, so it had to be limited in a hurry to make it in time for Black Friday sales. The redesign might not make the end of January release, but if this is the case then it will be done very soon after.

Anyway, thanks for contacting me, and a happy new year to you!

Cheers,
Brian

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

02 Jan 2020

Enlightenspeed wrote:
01 Jan 2020
Timmy Crowne wrote:
31 Dec 2019

Hi Timmy,

Good to hear you are enjoying our plugins 😊

First up, there is a fix up and update batch coming at the end of January. It’s actually ready to go now but I’m waiting to see if any further issues turn up, so I’ll investigate the CV thing, but it might be fixed already in the “final” build which is on its way 😊 I can’t check this until tomorrow as I’m on a multi-day drinking session right now 😂

The 4-note polyphony on Humanizer is actually the current limit. There is a plan in place to extend this back to the original 16 - it was playing havoc with Direct Record before though, so it had to be limited in a hurry to make it in time for Black Friday sales. The redesign might not make the end of January release, but if this is the case then it will be done very soon after.

Anyway, thanks for contacting me, and a happy new year to you!

Cheers,
Brian
Just following up on this.

It is indeed the case that these issues are fixed in the next build. I'd had to go through all this code in order to split the Probability section into two separate dials; so you will be able to have the velocity and note probabilites set to different values on the same device - whereas previously you needed to use two devices, and this was beginning to annoy me when doing drum fills. They'll be with you soon.

Cheers,
Brian

Timmy Crowne
Competition Winner

03 Jan 2020

Great news! Thank you for your diligence and consideration. Looking forward to using the devices in the future.

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

03 Jan 2020

Timmy Crowne wrote:
03 Jan 2020
Great news! Thank you for your diligence and consideration. Looking forward to using the devices in the future.
No worries 😉

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

03 Jan 2020

Hey folks,

This is just a quick heads up that our sale period will end at 00:00 on the 6th of January, Stockholm time. So afaik, this means the order needs to be placed by 23:59:59 on the 5th to get the discount.

Hope you’re all enjoying the holidays, and if you are already back at work then I hope the time off was good for you.

Cheers and take care,
Brian

Melody303

14 Feb 2020

I'm in love with the Note Humanizer, thanks for making it.
I absolutely love how it affects my piano lines.

Will buy before the trial expires, probably by the end of this month.
I write acid music in Reason and perform live on a bunch of machines without computers.
Feel free to listen here: melodyklein.bandcamp.com/

Melody303

14 Feb 2020

Ooh, a feature request: Any chance to apply some lovely probability based variance to the velocity? I'd love that even more.
I write acid music in Reason and perform live on a bunch of machines without computers.
Feel free to listen here: melodyklein.bandcamp.com/

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

15 Feb 2020

Melody303 wrote:
14 Feb 2020
Ooh, a feature request: Any chance to apply some lovely probability based variance to the velocity? I'd love that even more.
Hi Melody,

We already have a velocity randomiser in the Loopcracker Suite bundle- Note Alter. You can use it to alter either notes or velocities, or both, and since the last update it can actually do both with different probabilities 😀

Anyway we’re glad you enjoy our stuff, it’s always nice to hear this, so thanks very much for commenting 😊

Many thanks,
Brian

retreed
Competition Winner

12 Apr 2020

I found the drums in "Spitfire LABS VST" interesting, but they do not offer separate outputs in the plugin, so I was looking for a way to make it happen.
I used "Note Filter" as a solution, which does of course require loading multiple instances of LABS for one drum kit, but I got the result I wanted.

The ZIP file contains a Reason 11 file with routing to the Reason Mixer, a combinator with routing to 14:2 Mixer for own ideas and a combinator with some FX.

It does require:
Spitfire LABS with DRUMS installed
Enlightenspeed's Note Filter
(Morfin XF Crossfader for the FX combinator)

Maybe someone else does also have use for it. :)
Attachments
LABS_DRUMS.zip
(151.15 KiB) Downloaded 76 times

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

12 Apr 2020

retreed wrote:
12 Apr 2020
I found the drums in "Spitfire LABS VST" interesting, but they do not offer separate outputs in the plugin, so I was looking for a way to make it happen.
I used "Note Filter" as a solution, which does of course require loading multiple instances of LABS for one drum kit, but I got the result I wanted.

The ZIP file contains a Reason 11 file with routing to the Reason Mixer, a combinator with routing to 14:2 Mixer for own ideas and a combinator with some FX.

It does require:
Spitfire LABS with DRUMS installed
Enlightenspeed's Note Filter
(Morfin XF Crossfader for the FX combinator)

Maybe someone else does also have use for it. :)
Awesome!

Thanks for sharing 😊

Brian

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

22 Apr 2020

Hi folks,

the 1.6.2 bug fix update of Chordbank is now live and available in the Shop. Enjoy!

Hopefully we'll have time to add a new feature or two in soon, as well. See how that goes.

Cheers,
Brian

• Information