PG8X based: WB PG8X

Need some fresh sounds? Want to show off your sound design skills? Here's the place!
bitley

27 Nov 2019

PDF PATCH LIST (right click / save as or open in the browser)

Here's what it is;

Welcome.
Last edited by bitley on 17 Nov 2020, edited 5 times in total.

bitley

28 Nov 2019

Product page now up here;

https://bitleysounds.com/index.php/way-beyond-pg-8x/

Have a nice day!
Last edited by bitley on 17 Nov 2020, edited 1 time in total.

miscend

28 Nov 2019

I think it could do with maybe a list of patches and an audio demo.

hurricane
Competition Winner

28 Nov 2019

I'm interested in this, but first I'd like to know (and I am sure we would all appreciate direct and specific answers):

1. How many PG-8X combinators are included?

The factory JX-8P patches are already available for free online, so...

2. How many custom JX-8P patches are you providing?

3. Are they really custom, or compilations of patches that are already out there?

4. Are the NNXT patches based on samples from the JX series, or are you taking some of your WBF samples and JX-ing them?

Thanks.
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

bitley

28 Nov 2019

I'm a real sound developer so I develop unique sounds, although in the case of the PX7 I felt something had to be done about the misconceptions regarding the so called amount of DX7 patches as only 5-10% of "all that" was unique. And that was then released as a free refill which had a lot of my programming work in it as well.

In this case I've only used my own JX8P and JX10 banks but that's just a start. :-)

Orders are coming so I hope people will say what they think as I need that interaction to get ideas on where to continue working :)

Not counted the sounds but there's lots of completely new stuff in this refill.

I have been getting goosebumps myself so now I hope my users will too :-)

bitley

28 Nov 2019

miscend wrote:
28 Nov 2019
I think it could do with maybe a list of patches and an audio demo.
Of course, everything like that is being done. :-)

hurricane
Competition Winner

28 Nov 2019

Bitley, man - it seems like we have to go to great lengths to pull some info from you...
hurricane wrote:
28 Nov 2019
I'm interested in this, but first I'd like to know (and I am sure we would all appreciate direct and specific answers):

1. How many PG-8X combinators are included?

The factory JX-8P patches are already available for free online, so...

2. How many custom JX-8P patches are you providing?

3. Are they really custom, or compilations of patches that are already out there?

4. Are the NNXT patches based on samples from the JX series, or are you taking some of your WBF samples and JX-ing them?

Thanks.
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

bitley

28 Nov 2019

Right now my focus is creating stunning material, not counting patches and what not. Buy it and follow me on the journey & tell me what to add.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

28 Nov 2019

hurricane wrote:
28 Nov 2019
Bitley, man - it seems like we have to go to great lengths to pull some info from you...
Attachments
C9C8CD34-04D4-4A54-93DA-A77D23A7ECA0.jpeg
C9C8CD34-04D4-4A54-93DA-A77D23A7ECA0.jpeg (55.43 KiB) Viewed 7162 times
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

eusti

28 Nov 2019

I have a soft spot you and your work, bitley... But I can see that there seems to be a communication issue here...
As usual people want to know what they'll get for their money... They already know that you are skilled at what you do...
Still, they would like to know how much (new/ original) content they will be receiving for the money they invest...
That's at least what I see going on here... Wishing you all the best!

D.

bitley

28 Nov 2019

Yes I can see that - all info will be out there as soon I feel the product is finished. Right now I keep adding stuff all the time and I reached the point where I am just alone in the darkness programming so I invite you guys to participate as early adopters or what we might call it so that you can help me with more ideas on what to do. But there's already awesome material in here and I've worked on it for a few months :-)

ShelLuser

28 Nov 2019

No offense intended but I do feel free here to also out somewhat more critical comments. And when someone starts evading or plain out ignoring specific questions and keeps pushing their commercial product.. sorry, you lost my interest there and then. Not because it could be argued that "you weren't ready", heck no, but because you chose to ignore your potential customers. Even a mere "yeah, good point, I'll work on that!" after the original question would have done a lot.

Now... for me... not so much. See; there are also posters out here who don't know you, and I sure don't take anyones word on this unless I know them close & personal. Which leaves me with my first impressions as shared above.
--- :reason:

hurricane
Competition Winner

28 Nov 2019

Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

bitley

28 Nov 2019

All points are good and most valid, sorry for not being clear about that :)

bitley

29 Nov 2019

New version just uploaded so now I'm counting so both you and me can see how this develops.
hurricane wrote:1. How many PG-8X combinators are included?

Right now there's over 260 Combinator patches.
hurricane wrote:2. How many custom JX-8P patches are you providing?

The amount of original sounds from the JX-8P and JX-10 banks that I currently use from the Bitley™ sysex backup is 110, but there's more that might be put into use. It's hard to count but those are the ones I started with, new programs are being programmed with the PG-8X but I am not counting those for this specific question.
hurricane wrote:3. Are they really custom, or compilations of patches that are already out there?

The Bitley™ sounds are always A) programmed from scratch in most cases or B) sometimes inspired by the preset patches. I'm writing it as Bitley™ would be another person but that's to clarify that these patches were made with other users in mind, but I of course use them as well. They're just not "Billys Rock Gig backup" patches so to speak.
hurricane wrote:4. Are the NNXT patches based on samples from the JX series, or are you taking some of your WBF samples and JX-ing them?

There are over 4,800 samples from a whole line of sources including the JX series, however the goal isn't to mix JX samples with PG-8X patches even if that might happen; the goal is to build patches where samples are used to create richer sounds, as the JX tonal resources are quite limited but very warm and lush & excellent to mix with interesting samples.

Hope that's useful! :)

raymondh

29 Nov 2019

Insta-Buy for me!!

The JX-8P is my all time favourite synthesizer!

Even though I own one and program it (have the PG-800), and the brilliant PG-8X, and the Orlando JX patches etc in Bitley's WBF, I can't get enough of Bitley's superb sound design, and look forward to this refill!

cheers!

bitley

29 Nov 2019

Lovely, thank you very much! :-) If it gets popular I will add my JX8P & JX10 sysex banks as icing on the cake :-) Stay tuned for more patches, let me know what you think about it.

moneykube

30 Nov 2019

convinced me ... my first Bitley refill... could be addictive... :puf_wink:
now I wait for morning in your world.. for the link to download
made it nov 30... :mrgreen:
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

bitley

30 Nov 2019

I hope I've sent it out but I don't know your name :-) Welcome on board as they say :-)

moneykube

30 Nov 2019

downloading now bro thanx for the deal... sounds awesome

bitley

30 Nov 2019

I just realized my development on this began 28 years ago :-) Not a joke, actually.

moneykube

30 Nov 2019

dedication !!!! oddly first zip failed... and then first refill attempt failed.. on to #2 attempt

bitley

30 Nov 2019

Ummm what? Wait for it to download first :) It's 1 Gb

moneykube

30 Nov 2019

yes... some reason downlod failed twice... got it now... wow...thanks a ,it looks great :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

bitley

30 Nov 2019

Very good :) I hope all of you are enjoying it so far :)

• Information