Bitspeek is amazing

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Bjørn Felle

28 Nov 2019

Just wondering who else is using this RE. I absolutely love it and it’s all over my stuff now. It’s great for robotising and stuttering vocals, percussion sounds fucking delicious through it, and putting the whole mix through it is... insane.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

28 Nov 2019

Bjørn Felle wrote:
28 Nov 2019
Just wondering who else is using this RE. I absolutely love it and it’s all over my stuff now. It’s great for robotising and stuttering vocals, percussion sounds fucking delicious through it, and putting the whole mix through it is... insane.
Try it on a 303 :)
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

28 Nov 2019

Never tried it. I usually don't have vocals in my music so I've never even considered checking it out.
Is it cool on synths?

Bjørn Felle

28 Nov 2019

MrFigg wrote:
28 Nov 2019
Try it on a 303 :)
Funnily enough, the two tracks I'm working on for my album which are making the most use of Bitspeek are both built around 303 basslines. But I haven't tried putting the 303 through Bitspeek yet. Thanks, I'll give it a try!
TritoneAddiction wrote:
28 Nov 2019
Never tried it. I usually don't have vocals in my music so I've never even considered checking it out.
Is it cool on synths?
Yes, anything works with it. You get some very peculiar effects when you use it with something which isn't speech. I assume the pitch and formant detection algorithms are calibrated for human voices, so it really freaks out when you put something else through it. It's well worth the money.

diminished
Competition Winner

28 Nov 2019

Besides the "regular" usage, it's one helluva tool for audio->CV applications, first and foremost but not limited to the pitch extraction
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

28 Nov 2019

Is it ever on sale? It's €49 at the moment.

diminished
Competition Winner

28 Nov 2019

TritoneAddiction wrote:
28 Nov 2019
It was part of a Rig 3 once. Don't know which one, though.
The VST is cheaper by the way, but that means no CV out.
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

EdGrip

28 Nov 2019

It's never on sale, and it's always just a bit too expensive to justify.

zoidkirb

28 Nov 2019

It was in (is?) In synthetic rig 3. I briefly tried to use it to control synths with my guitar. It made quite an interesting, textured way to loosely control a synth. I really should try again one of these days.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

28 Nov 2019

diminished wrote:
28 Nov 2019
TritoneAddiction wrote:
28 Nov 2019
It was part of a Rig 3 once. Don't know which one, though.
The VST is cheaper by the way, but that means no CV out.
I appreciate your answers. I saw that the VST version is a little cheaper, but if I decide to get it I will get the RE version even if it's more expensive. I just prefer working with REs.
The Synthetic Rig is €299. Like I mentioned earlier I own most of what I want already, so getting a few extra REs I don't really care about is not an option at this point, especially not for that price.

I think I'll wait with my Bitspeek trial for a while and use it after I've toyed around with all my R11 Suite stuff some more.

miscend

28 Nov 2019

I bought it years ago. Never used it though.

Rpagala

13 Dec 2019

miscend wrote:
28 Nov 2019
I bought it years ago. Never used it though.
I also bought it years ago, but have the vst version. I use it all the time as a vocal harmonizer using 2 midi notes, for me I can get a faster result and a nicer flavor than using other methods.

Rising Night Wave

13 Dec 2019

Bjørn Felle wrote:
28 Nov 2019
haha i watched video on their official site. somwhere in middle they intensily were changinh settings and it got out very crazy. lol. haha.
othervise this is amazing effect. i could use it for my vocals. it would fit perfectly in concept of my few songs.
Rising Night Wave & Extus at SoundCloud
HW: Asus ROG Strix G513QM | Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen | M-Audio M3-8 | M-Audio Uber Mic | Shure SRH1840 | Shure SE215 | LG 49UK6400
SW: Windows 11 Pro | Reason 10 | Reason+

Bjørn Felle

14 Dec 2019

Rising Night Wave wrote:
13 Dec 2019
haha i watched video on their official site. somwhere in middle they intensily were changinh settings and it got out very crazy. lol. haha.
othervise this is amazing effect. i could use it for my vocals. it would fit perfectly in concept of my few songs.
Yeah if you crank it you can get some really peculiar effects. I used it extensively in this song, both on the vocals and the instruments. I'm also using Fritz on a couple of the instruments and also on the master bus at the start and end of the song. This song was also an experiment in recording a song with absolutely no reverb. The combination of this with Bitspeek was a really nice dry, crunchy sound to the whole track which I was really happy with.

tumar

21 Dec 2019

I purchased Rig and frankly saying, always considered Bitspeek and Sugarbyte RE as shittiest part of the synth rig. Never ever found it useful.

• Information