Poll: This Black Friday sucks.

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!

This Black Friday sucks.

Yes
62%
No
38%

Total votes: 53
MrFigg
Competition Winner

27 Nov 2019

The only things I’ve bought this Black Friday are a 10 year old refill and a Glitchmachines VST. Other than that there’s absolutely nuthin’ for me.
What do you reckon. Does BF 2019 suck for you?
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

reddust

27 Nov 2019

So far yes, I'm still waiting for vocaloid/crypton to make a sale, but it isn't Friday yet so I still hope they will do. Other than that, there are a couple of sales from waves factory and orange tree samples I could imagine making use of if that doesn't happen.

But so far I've only gotten the Glitchmachine stuff as well and a couple of digital painting courses on udemy and my Black Friday could still stop there
Last edited by reddust on 27 Nov 2019, edited 1 time in total.

BRIGGS

27 Nov 2019

My wallet is happy! :puf_smile: I only bought shape!

ref: https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... fo-editor/
r11s

ShelLuser

27 Nov 2019

Is this about the Props only or BF in general? Because I'm quite happy, picked up Komplete 12 collectors edition with a 50% discount. Includes NI's full orchestra ensemble, which made me very happy 😊
--- :reason:

VIVIsect

27 Nov 2019

Been pretty good for me. Previously I never bought a single RE because the fact that they were limited to being used inside of Reason only just didn't appeal to me. I've only ever bought VSTs. But with the release of the Rack plugin, I'm far more inclined to drop some money on them for the first time. So from the current sale, I've bought the Kratos 2 Maximizer and the Synapse Audio bundle and I'm really happy with both purchases. There's a few other things that I'm still eyeing.

miyaru

27 Nov 2019

Monday I have bought the Selig DeEsser, for half the price. I really like it, it was a good purchase!!!!
Greetings from Miyaru.
Prodaw i7-7700, 16Gb Ram, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 3rd gen, ESI M4U eX, Reason12, Live Suit 10, Push2, Presonus Eris E8 and Monitor Station V2, Lexicon MPX1,
Korg N1, Yamaha RM1x :thumbup:

student9v

27 Nov 2019

Last edited by student9v on 09 Dec 2020, edited 1 time in total.

Loque

27 Nov 2019

It's ok. But it is not as mega cool as in the last years, just because i already bought the stuff in the past or just have what i need and do not need more. The prices of a few RE are very good, but i already have them.

Just grabbed some Glitchmachines, Strontium-90 and Phaseplant for an update-price (sadly, there is no RE :cry: ).

Now i wait for Black Friday ;) :roll: and look forward, what will happen...
    Reason12, Win10

motuscott

27 Nov 2019

Not suck. I have over a hundred REs and there's nothing I need.
    Now if I could buy talent...
    Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

aeox
    Competition Winner

27 Nov 2019

Efektor DL3606 Delay

Blamco Equalizer Pack

Mutagen Multiband Distortion

Fritz 1.0.1

DYN-4 Dynamic Processor

Mace Professional Compressor

So far

guitfnky

27 Nov 2019

so far it’s been good for me from a non-Reason perspective. got an excellent suite of new plugins, and a new DAW to play around in, for under $100 all-in.

I haven’t been too interested in Rack Extension sales this time around since I’m waiting to see what the 11.x updates bring to Reason before I invest much more there. I do want 11 Suite at some point, but since the upgrade isn’t on sale, there’s not much incentive to pull the trigger right now.
    I write good music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

hurricane
    Competition Winner

27 Nov 2019

I was going to get the Arturia V7 upgrade, and maybe upgrade to Reason 11 once AU was ready, but these people made me wait too long and now I convinced myself I really don't need either, and I'm right. Had Arturia offered a decent price at launch I would have impulsively purchased it.. Had Reason Studios launched with AU support it would have also been an impulse purchase for sure.
    Soundcloud | Youtube
    Logic Pro | Bitwig

diminished
    Competition Winner

27 Nov 2019

I scored Wavesfactory Cassette and xlnaudio XO. Very happy about those.
    Still undecided about 4-5 plugins: Spectre, ColoringEQ, Infected Mushroom bundle and Synthmaster upgrade from SM Player. Oberon eventually.
    :reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

reddust

27 Nov 2019

hurricane wrote:
    27 Nov 2019
    I was going to get the Arturia V7 upgrade, and maybe upgrade to Reason 11 once AU was ready, but these people made me wait too long and now I convinced myself I really don't need either, and I'm right. Had Arturia offered a decent price at launch I would have impulsively purchased it.. Had Reason Studios launched with AU support it would have also been an impulse purchase for sure.
    That's a good technique. I have tried to apply that same principle to my purchases, just in the moment I am about to put everything on the shopping cart and click 'go' I tell to myself, ok, wait, let's think about it a couple of days... then a couple of days later I say, ok, if I could wait a couple of days let's just wait several weeks or months... if after that time I still want to buy it then it's worth it, and if not, the impulsive feeling is gone and I see I actually never needed that thing, patience really helps.

Loque

27 Nov 2019

diminished wrote:
    27 Nov 2019
    Still undecided about 4-5 plugins: Spectre, ColoringEQ, Infected Mushroom bundle and Synthmaster upgrade from SM Player. Oberon eventually.
    I think about Manipulator... But the current sale price should be the normal price and half of it the sale price. So, it's too expensive imo and i already have a lot of stuff to manipulate the sound.

What do you think?
    Reason12, Win10

diminished
    Competition Winner

27 Nov 2019

Loque wrote:
    27 Nov 2019
    diminished wrote:
    27 Nov 2019
    I think about Manipulator... But the current sale price should be the normal price and half of it the sale price. So, it's too expensive imo and i already have a lot of stuff to manipulate the sound.

What do you think?
    The exact same. I also have Fritz, Polar, StutterEdit, a few glitch machines... Reason's routing capabilities.. plenty of tools to get something cool and unique going. And yes, I go from "want" to "I don't need" (and back, multiple times) real quick :D
    :reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

Jackjackdaw

27 Nov 2019

For my Reasoning it sucks. The only things I am interested in are the upgrade, Parsec 2 and PX7 , none of which are on sale.

Arturia's offers are really really great , V collection for €199! but out of my league all the same.

I got PSP nexcellence for €19, a nice spring verb vst.

reggie1979

27 Nov 2019

It's gotten to the point where there is no element of surprise or joy because everything starts earlier than Friday.

I haven't seen one thing I'm interested, but that might change Friday, or maybe even cyber Monday.

teddymcw

28 Nov 2019

I think it's been surprisingly sweet, tho definitely not suite for me heehee

-Enlightenspeed Bundle, super valuable superb value, great Reason Dev making very useful devices makes me happy!

-Thanks to the notifications in the other thread, PSP nexcellence Springverb for $20, much better springverb than softube's tho have used that one, springverbs are so great and extremely useful imho.
    -Glitchmachines stuff is nearly free at $5 each, picked up Polygon which is awesome and unique, tho I won't heavily use
    -May even do the Waves L3-16 Maximizers / Limiters bundle all for $40 is not too much to ask, and could be overly nice solution to keeping my levels in check, which I have trouble with

TritoneAddiction
    Competition Winner

28 Nov 2019

It's alright. I mean there's some pretty good deals in the Shop. It's just that I already own everything I want.
    I tried a few REs, but I've only bought one device this sale: Pump. So 9 euros spent in total. :)

moneykube

28 Nov 2019

got things I wanted and more of course :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:
    there might be 3 others I might get in the future... but man... I'm stocked up for a long time , perhaps forever... until the next wonder arrives lol
    https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
    Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

stratatonic

28 Nov 2019

MrFigg wrote:
    27 Nov 2019
    The only things I’ve bought this Black Friday are a 10 year old refill and a Glitchmachines VST.
    You've experienced Black Friday already? I just made it through the Wednesday before BF!

Please go through your time portal again to Black Friday and let me know who won tonight's game between the Bills and the Cowboys.
    Many thanks.

MrFigg
    Competition Winner

28 Nov 2019

stratatonic wrote:
    28 Nov 2019
    MrFigg wrote:
    27 Nov 2019
    The only things I’ve bought this Black Friday are a 10 year old refill and a Glitchmachines VST.
    You've experienced Black Friday already? I just made it through the Wednesday before BF!

Please go through your time portal again to Black Friday and let me know who won tonight's game between the Bills and the Cowboys.
    Many thanks.
    Hmmm. Apparently there’s a good deal going on sarcasm.
    Many thanks.
    🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

diminished
    Competition Winner

28 Nov 2019

stratatonic wrote:
    28 Nov 2019
    MrFigg wrote:
    27 Nov 2019

Many thanks.
    Everybody knows what's meant by that, yet you feel the need to point out that it's "technically not Black Friday yet". Weird flex but ok. While at it, maybe write a letter to RS sarcastically pointing out that it's not Cyber Monday yet..? They could use a little help with dates and days and all that confusing stuff.

• Information