Tonicmint Negate RE in the shop.

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
MrFigg
Competition Winner

21 Nov 2019

🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Vil
RE Developer

21 Nov 2019

Sorry guys, something went wrong with the video in the shop.
but here it is:

https://youtu.be/vX8VD-FAU2Q

joeyluck

21 Nov 2019

Looks interesting.

I went to try it and the download fails...

I performed a 'sync all' and my other REs (that I don't care to sync) began downloading, but Negate failed to download again. Anybody else have this issue?

joeyluck

21 Nov 2019

joeyluck wrote:
21 Nov 2019
Looks interesting.

I performed a 'sync all' and my other REs (that I don't care to sync) began downloading, but Negate failed to download again. Anybody else have this issue?
It just worked...

MrFigg
Competition Winner

21 Nov 2019

joeyluck wrote:
21 Nov 2019
Looks interesting.

Yeah. I had the same with some other REs today. Downloaded them from my account but they wouldn’t show up in Reason. Had to Sync All. Now there’s something you wouldn’t have to put up with over at Glitchmachines HQ. :).
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Boombastix
Competition Winner

21 Nov 2019

Looks very cool. I like musical stuff that can just give you a new idea to explore. And yeah, three buttons, so works pretty fast too. I'll be checking this out :shock: :P

Now IF ONLY the Rack Plugin could do midi out and make the Players double useful...Aaaarg....
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

loopeydoug

21 Nov 2019

Though I'm glad somebody did it, everytime a useful Player device gets unveiled I'm reminded of how we've found ourselves in the position of having to pay extra for features that I feel should've been implemented in the sequencer tools section as standard functions within Reason proper.

motuscott

21 Nov 2019

Dear Tonicmint,
y'all are crushing it.
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

moneykube

21 Nov 2019

downloads fail ... keep trying
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

Noiserunner

22 Nov 2019

The last weeks I viewed by chance a few tutorials about negative harmony on youtube.
Interesting stuff.
Then comes NEGATE as a player for 9 €.
For me a nobrainer.

(The purchase did not go smoothly on the Reason Website, but finally it worked.)
(MacBook Pro 13", some soft- and hardware)

Vil
RE Developer

22 Nov 2019

It turned out that the wrong video link in the store was my fault.
Sorry guys.
Now you can watch the video in the store.

BananaSkins

22 Nov 2019

Looks cool thanks for posting and creating... :thumbs_up:

joeyluck

22 Nov 2019

Here's a quick combinator patch I made.

Jazz Guitar + Piano -JL.cmb.zip
(3.48 KiB) Downloaded 87 times

It's a simple patch. It's just a couple ID8s, one is a jazz guitar and the other a piano. The piano has negate applied. Both have scales and chords attached as well, initially set to C Minor. Some effects applied. Easy to switch out instruments.

Sorry no macros assigned. The only thing I did was open the programmer to remove pitch bend from the piano.

Just an example of how fun it can be to play :puf_smile:

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

22 Nov 2019

Looks interesting. I'll try it out.

Vil
RE Developer

22 Nov 2019

joeyluck wrote:
22 Nov 2019
Here's a quick combinator patch I made.

Jazz Guitar + Piano -JL.cmb.zip

Really creative! :)
I like this!

challism

24 Nov 2019

I'm trialing this, and for $9, it's kind of a no-brainer. I just threw it on a boring bassline and then automated it to play "normal" mode for bars 1 and 3. Then play mirror up for bar 2 and negate for bar 4 and it really helped a boring bassline become much more interesting. Nice job on this Player, TonicMint. I'm going to have to buy it. And am taking a hard look at your other players during this Rack Friday sale.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

diminished
Competition Winner

24 Nov 2019

challism wrote:
24 Nov 2019
I'm trialing this, and for $9, it's kind of a no-brainer. I just threw it on a boring bassline and then automated it to play "normal" mode for bars 1 and 3. Then play mirror up for bar 2 and negate for bar 4 and it really helped a boring bassline become much more interesting. Nice job on this Player, TonicMint. I'm going to have to buy it. And am taking a hard look at your other players during this Rack Friday sale.
Please do so. In a nutshell, ScaleMatrix is the Scales & Chords that never was. And ChordLine let's you assemble the colors of your music while simultaniously allowing you to play with them and telling you what their names are.
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

Vil
RE Developer

24 Nov 2019

diminished wrote:
24 Nov 2019
challism wrote:
24 Nov 2019
Please do so. In a nutshell, ScaleMatrix is the Scales & Chords that never was. And ChordLine let's you assemble the colors of your music while simultaniously allowing you to play with them and telling you what their names are.
As a little promo :) I also have to mention the Note Monitor, which is my must have device when Im using more than one player on an instrument.
And dont forget the InRange, which is a tricky note filter device. This got a really insane pricetag for this black friday.

---
Otherwise

Thank you all for your kind words.
The popularity of Negate surprised me a lot.
I am very pleased with this.
What do you think? Why others put Negate in the basket? Reason users are hungry for tiny player toys, or this is just a black friday effect on a new product with small pricetag?

bigguy1

27 Nov 2019

Hey TonicMint,

thanx for the idea of this player. Very creative idea in my opinion. I bought it and played around with it yesterday.

I was thinking about the following idea to extend the player. Instead of mirroring the notes over the whole range of the keyboard, the mirrored notes could stay in the same octave. Like having a mirror at the same position in every octave.

I am not sure if this is a good idea, but I came up with this yesterday when I was playing around. I had piano midi going into Negate and the position of the notes changed drastically when applying the player. I am curious what you guys think about that.

joeyluck

27 Nov 2019

bigguy1 wrote:
27 Nov 2019

I am not sure if this is a good idea, but I came up with this yesterday when I was playing around. I had piano midi going into Negate and the position of the notes changed drastically when applying the player. I am curious what you guys think about that.
Have you tried adjusting the octave knob with negate applied?

bigguy1

28 Nov 2019

I tried turning the Ocatve Knob on the device. And it worked fine. I just had the idea, that the notes which are mirrored could stay in the same octave.

GRB

28 Nov 2019

Well donde Tonicmint! It will be nice to have some kind of TM bundle :puf_smile:

Your tools are very useful, most of us already have synths and plenty of sounds but every tool that helps us to make chords is always welcomed, not decided which ones yet but your REs are on my BF whishlist!
R12 12.2d36 / Reason+ / R11 Suite - Win10 64bit HP i7 - 32Gb RAM - SSD / Scarlett 2i4 / Novation Launchkey 61 MK3 / Nektar Impact LX61+ / JBL 305 MKII

Trygve Larsen

21 Feb 2020

Downloaded a trial of Negate a while ago.. Amazing tool I must say.. Have already created some beautiful track, using midifiles of existing beautiful songs, and the result are stunning ! Not all, butt enough to be a tool for creating/recreating some really beautiful songs. Will definitely by it.. Thank's for allowing trial of it.

If u like, I could post one or some of them here, if that is possible here, for others to hear how beautiful it can turn out to be.. :roll:

MrFigg
Competition Winner

21 Feb 2020

Trygve Larsen wrote:
21 Feb 2020
Downloaded a trial of Negate a while ago.. Amazing tool I must say.. Have already created some beautiful track, using midifiles of existing beautiful songs, and the result are stunning ! Not all, butt enough to be a tool for creating/recreating some really beautiful songs. Will definitely by it.. Thank's for allowing trial of it.

If u like, I could post one or some of them here, if that is possible here, for others to hear how beautiful it can turn out to be.. :roll:
Do it :).
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

• Information