Enlightenspeed's Loopcracker 2 is in the shop

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
doze

22 Nov 2019

MrFigg wrote:
22 Nov 2019
doze wrote:
22 Nov 2019

Of course, was just saying, for $25 they get Loopcracker suite (4 RE x $6.25), but then for the peeps who bought Loopcracker 1 for $39 (3 RE x $13) to get the Humanizer plugin to complete the set costs us $19... it's fair to complain of the injustice... LOL!
Tell that to the folks (me) who started buying Synapse stuff from day one when they released Antidote.
I believe it... you must be in much pocket pain ;) The store really needs a complete my bundle type thing, that takes into account what you have. But I won't hold my breath!

EnochLight

22 Nov 2019

Enlightenspeed wrote:
21 Nov 2019
.... and fo' gawd's sake don't buy it until the Black Friday Sale prices go live :puf_bigsmile: :puf_bigsmile: :puf_bigsmile:

I don't want a repeat of last time ;)

More importantly, Note Humanizer is now live!

Some sort of introductory video will hopefully be up today :)

Cheers,
Brian @ Enlightenspeed
Pro tip: post an actual link to your product when making a product announcement thread. ;)
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

22 Nov 2019

EnochLight wrote:
22 Nov 2019
Enlightenspeed wrote:
21 Nov 2019
.... and fo' gawd's sake don't buy it until the Black Friday Sale prices go live :puf_bigsmile: :puf_bigsmile: :puf_bigsmile:

I don't want a repeat of last time ;)

More importantly, Note Humanizer is now live!

Some sort of introductory video will hopefully be up today :)

Cheers,
Brian @ Enlightenspeed
Pro tip: post an actual link to your product when making a product announcement thread. ;)
...and amended.

Cheers dude,
B

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

23 Nov 2019

Hey folks,

I’m going to be posting up the video material and manuals on Monday and Tuesday. The vids are just links of course but I’ll make a Dropbox or something like that for the manual. The reason for this is that the Shop doesn’t automatically update, everything gets a human touch, so while it is the case that these materials will be available in the shop ASAP, I cannot give any indication as to when.

So as some folks might be demoing etc and need it sooner than that, is there anyone that wants a copy of the current version of the V2 manual? It’s still missing an appendix for the scale presets, but everything else is there. If you want it early then probably the best thing to do is to PM me. I’m on family time right now but can check it every few hours or so 😊

Cheers,
Brian
P.S. Thanks for all the new sales so far by the way, truly delighted with the BF sale so far 😊

moneykube

23 Nov 2019

confused... it says 3 player devices yet I see 4 :puf_wink: :question:
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

23 Nov 2019

moneykube wrote:
23 Nov 2019
confused... it says 3 player devices yet I see 4 :puf_wink: :question:
Yeah, there is 4 😊

Things are busy in the shop 😎

challism

24 Nov 2019

I love using Humanizer on drum tracks. It gives the drums a much-needed human feel. Now just add some automation to the tempo lane, to fluctuate the tempo a bit, and it could *almost* pass as a real drummer. ha ha, I did say ALMOST. At least Humanizer helps get rid of that robotic, perfect timed drum beat that most modern music suffers from. It is a needed device. Good job, Enlightenspeed! And thank you for filling a need.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

24 Nov 2019

challism wrote:
24 Nov 2019
I love using Humanizer on drum tracks. It gives the drums a much-needed human feel. Now just add some automation to the tempo lane, to fluctuate the tempo a bit, and it could *almost* pass as a real drummer. ha ha, I did say ALMOST. At least Humanizer helps get rid of that robotic, perfect timed drum beat that most modern music suffers from. It is a needed device. Good job, Enlightenspeed! And thank you for filling a need.
Thankyou sir! :)

However, if I may allow myself a shameless advert, the other part of getting really good realistic drums (outside a sample set and mix interface which is custom designed for the task, of course), is the velocities, and whereas Humanizer will select a note for humanizing BY velocity, it doesn't actually humanize the velocity... because you can already do this with Note Alter.

So, basically, set up your kit then apply the Humanizer to taste, then add a Note Alter. Switch off the Note Alter's note section, switch Velocties on, then turn the Probability up really high, like to about 100% maybe, or close enough. Set the spread to about 30-60 somewhere depending on taste. Voila, even better sounding drums!

Have fun,
Brian

Boombastix
Competition Winner

24 Nov 2019

Enlightenspeed wrote:
24 Nov 2019
challism wrote:
24 Nov 2019
Thankyou sir! :)

However, if I may allow myself a shameless advert, the other part of getting really good realistic drums (outside a sample set and mix interface which is custom designed for the task, of course), is the velocities, and whereas Humanizer will select a note for humanizing BY velocity, it doesn't actually humanize the velocity... because you can already do this with Note Alter.

So, basically, set up your kit then apply the Humanizer to taste, then add a Note Alter. Switch off the Note Alter's note section, switch Velocties on, then turn the Probability up really high, like to about 100% maybe, or close enough. Set the spread to about 30-60 somewhere depending on taste. Voila, even better sounding drums!

Have fun,
Brian
I haven't tried it on drums yet. But just thought it may be cool if we can humanize selectively. Work on the 2nd and 4th 16th notes only, i.e. it only add humanize on the "swing" notes. Then you keep the "main" hits steady but get a random swing amount.
Need to have a setting for double time too then, ie 2nd and 4th 8th notes. I think this would be easy to implement by just checking the incoming midi time stamp.
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

dpcoffin

24 Nov 2019

Looks great!

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

25 Nov 2019

Boombastix wrote:
24 Nov 2019

I haven't tried it on drums yet. But just thought it may be cool if we can humanize selectively. Work on the 2nd and 4th 16th notes only, i.e. it only add humanize on the "swing" notes. Then you keep the "main" hits steady but get a random swing amount.
Need to have a setting for double time too then, ie 2nd and 4th 8th notes. I think this would be easy to implement by just checking the incoming midi time stamp.
Not sure if this is possible within the SDK, actually. I can think of something to investigate certainly, but it will be either a surprising yes or a confirmed no if I’m honest.

We’ll see what I can find out 😊

Cheers,
Brian

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

25 Nov 2019

dpcoffin wrote:
24 Nov 2019
Looks great!
Haha,

We don’t hear that often 😂

The appearance of the devices is not our strong point, or at least not yet.

As a matter of fact, I was thinking of having some sort of unique debut competition for Enlightenspeed stuff, in which, rather than submissions of a musical nature, they would be graphics work 😊

Not sure how to go about this yet, so we’ll see how that unfolds 😊

Cheers,
Brian

Boombastix
Competition Winner

25 Nov 2019

Enlightenspeed wrote:
25 Nov 2019
Boombastix wrote:
24 Nov 2019

Not sure if this is possible within the SDK, actually. I can think of something to investigate certainly, but it will be either a surprising yes or a confirmed no if I’m honest.

We’ll see what I can find out 😊

Cheers,
Brian
Appreciate you looking at it. :thumbs_up: Somehow other players (Drum Sequencer) can use the Groove function to add swing. Maybe that is an option if the midi notes from the sequencer do not have enough timing info to make it work this way. RS dev support can hopefully point you in a direction too if you ask in the dev forum.
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

25 Nov 2019

Boombastix wrote:
25 Nov 2019
Appreciate you looking at it. :thumbs_up: Somehow other players (Drum Sequencer) can use the Groove function to add swing. Maybe that is an option if the midi notes from the sequencer do not have enough timing info to make it work this way. RS dev support can hopefully point you in a direction too if you ask in the dev forum.
Actually, now I think about it there must be a way of doing it. I'll investigate, but it'll depend on a few other factors.

Cheers,
Brian

tiker01

26 Nov 2019

Enlightenspeed wrote:
25 Nov 2019
Boombastix wrote:
25 Nov 2019
Actually, now I think about it there must be a way of doing it. I'll investigate, but it'll depend on a few other factors.

Cheers,
Brian
I think they are not using the Groove from the Groove mixer in the sequencer, rather they have the general Groove function built into them.

So in practice you have to set the swing the same in ReGroove and players to the same to be in sync.

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite
Lenovo ThinkPad e520 Win10x64 8GB RAM Intel i5-2520M 2,5-3,2 GHz and AMD 6630M with 1GB of memory.
:rt: :reason: :essentials: :re: :refill: :PUF_balance: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

sofine

26 Nov 2019

Aargh, I just bought Chordbank for €25 in the Rack Friday sale and then noticed that the Loopcracker offers all of the 4 Enlightenspeed plugins for the same price. Must work on my Black Friday skillz :) :roll:

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

26 Nov 2019

tiker01 wrote:
26 Nov 2019
Enlightenspeed wrote:
25 Nov 2019

Cheers,
Brian
I think they are not using the Groove from the Groove mixer in the sequencer, rather they have the general Groove function built into them.

So in practice you have to set the swing the same in ReGroove and players to the same to be in sync.
Oh no, it's not from ReGroove, that's almost certainly impossible. Drum Sequencer however allows you to set it's Groove to Global, which is the Global Swing setting that is not a part of ReGroove - well, it's in the same area in the GUI but it predates ReGroove by a couple of versions. In fact, Swing was there in v1.0 of Reason IIRC. The other one wasn't though.

I know the general principle of how you would get the Swing in anyway, I'll just need to confirm a bit of very specific detail with the Dev Support team should it come to it that I try to do this. :)

challism

26 Nov 2019

Boombastix wrote:
24 Nov 2019
Simple way to do it: have the notes you want to be Humanized set to different velocities. Then enable and adjust the "velocity range" knobs accordingly. The note range also acts like a filter in this way. So essentially you could stack multiple Humanizer units, each of them being set to only affect a single note. Say C1 is your Kick Drum and you wanted to have Humanizer only adjust the timing of the Kick Drum, change the high and low knobs of the "note range" section accordingly and then enable. Now do that with all your different drum lanes. Picture below shows an example where all notes outside of C1 are not affected by Humanizer. Also, notes below 34 and above 115 velocity values would not be affected. So it's a way to filter out notes you don't want changed.
Hum.JPG
Hum.JPG (19.05 KiB) Viewed 4464 times

More complicated way, which will give you way more control over your sound:
I would suggest setting up different drum kits for the notes you want to humanize (running to different mixer channels).
For example: you would have one instance of Kong (Kong 1) with the notes you want humanized (lets say they are the Toms) to be playing thru Kong1, in one mixer channel (with an instance of Humanizer attached to the Kong1). You would have another instance of Kong (Kong2) playing the kick drum (you could even put a different instance of Humanizer on that, with different settings). Then you could have another Kong (Kong3) playing your HHats thru a third mixer channel (with another Humanizer on it? or not). And maybe you want to leave your snare to be perfectly on the beat, you have another Kong (Kong4) running into another mixer channel without any Humanizer on it. You could get more complicated and split up each of these channels further, so that only some of the notes are playing thru a Humanized channel.

Despondo
Competition Winner

26 Nov 2019

I found an error on the shop page...Can I get it for free? ;-)
Screen Shot 2019-11-26 at 1.00.22 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-11-26 at 1.00.22 PM.png (183.29 KiB) Viewed 4437 times
EDIT: Nevermind, I see others already pointed this out. :?
Last edited by Despondo on 26 Nov 2019, edited 3 times in total.

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

26 Nov 2019

sofine wrote:
26 Nov 2019
Aargh, I just bought Chordbank for €25 in the Rack Friday sale and then noticed that the Loopcracker offers all of the 4 Enlightenspeed plugins for the same price. Must work on my Black Friday skillz :) :roll:
Hi there,

First up, thanks for purchasing :) I personally can't do anything, unfortunately, but if you send a nicely worded and polite email to the Props support they might be able to help you. I can't vouch for this though, because they are under full stress at the moment. It may even be the case that they will do it, but once the queues have died down a bit etc.

Worth a try, good luck,
Brian

sofine

26 Nov 2019

Enlightenspeed wrote:
26 Nov 2019
sofine wrote:
26 Nov 2019
Hi there,

First up, thanks for purchasing :) I personally can't do anything, unfortunately, but if you send a nicely worded and polite email to the Props support they might be able to help you. I can't vouch for this though, because they are under full stress at the moment. It may even be the case that they will do it, but once the queues have died down a bit etc.

Worth a try, good luck,
Brian
Thanks for the heads up here, I hadn't thought of doing that! I knew you weren't in a position to do anything about it, but it was 50% moan and 50% free advertising :) I am still a happy camper with chordbank!

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

26 Nov 2019

sofine wrote:
26 Nov 2019
Enlightenspeed wrote:
26 Nov 2019

Hi there,

Worth a try, good luck,
Brian
Thanks for the heads up here, I hadn't thought of doing that! I knew you weren't in a position to do anything about it, but it was 50% moan and 50% free advertising :) I am still a happy camper with chordbank!
Glad you're enjoying it :)
Brian

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

26 Nov 2019

challism wrote:
26 Nov 2019
Boombastix wrote:
24 Nov 2019
Simple way to do it: have the notes you want to be Humanized set to different velocities. Then enable and adjust the "velocity range" knobs accordingly. The note range also acts like a filter in this way. So essentially you could stack multiple Humanizer units, each of them being set to only affect a single note. Say C1 is your Kick Drum and you wanted to have Humanizer only adjust the timing of the Kick Drum, change the high and low knobs of the "note range" section accordingly and then enable. Now do that with all your different drum lanes. Picture below shows an example where all notes outside of C1 are not affected by Humanizer. Also, notes below 34 and above 115 velocity values would not be affected. So it's a way to filter out notes you don't want changed.
Hum.JPG

More complicated way, which will give you way more control over your sound:
I would suggest setting up different drum kits for the notes you want to humanize (running to different mixer channels).
For example: you would have one instance of Kong (Kong 1) with the notes you want humanized (lets say they are the Toms) to be playing thru Kong1, in one mixer channel (with an instance of Humanizer attached to the Kong1). You would have another instance of Kong (Kong2) playing the kick drum (you could even put a different instance of Humanizer on that, with different settings). Then you could have another Kong (Kong3) playing your HHats thru a third mixer channel (with another Humanizer on it? or not). And maybe you want to leave your snare to be perfectly on the beat, you have another Kong (Kong4) running into another mixer channel without any Humanizer on it. You could get more complicated and split up each of these channels further, so that only some of the notes are playing thru a Humanized channel.
If I get a chance over the next few months, I'll be doing another plugin which will make this whole process considerably easier. :) Early days though, I'm not all the way decided on the design yet :)

By the way, that pic is a little bit off :D There is a bug there, which you might have spotted already, or are maybe just confused by, but it has been fixed in our next, next build. There is a bug fix release version scheduled very soon, ideally tomorrow, which will include the manuals being released. There's a second (hopefully final) build scheduled soon after that which will fix all the little GUI glitches, and a couple of other things that have crept up - we're holding that until we're sure there is nothing else, basically but it looks very good so far :D .

Cheers,
Brian

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

27 Nov 2019

Despondo wrote:
26 Nov 2019

Screen Shot 2019-11-26 at 1.00.22 PM.png

EDIT: Nevermind, I see others already pointed this out. :?
Yeah we have had multiple mentions of this, sorry.

It’s also the wrong picture, there was a new one submitted to the shop before the initial launch. I’m literally just about to email them with the request to fix it , I don’t know if the shop is back to normal yet. We can hope 😊

challism

27 Nov 2019

Despondo wrote:
26 Nov 2019
I'd say you already got the error for free. :P

• Information