The Lost Art Of Looping

Have an urge to learn, or a calling to teach? Want to share some useful Youtube videos? Do it here!
BRIGGS

24 Nov 2019

The Soundforge loop tuner, seems super useful.... :thumbs_up:

r11s

Jackjackdaw

24 Nov 2019

I do a fair amount of sample looping like this, creating single cycle waveforms for synthesis etc. I use the Reason sampler window and although it's well basic I get good results. The soundforge thing does look good though.

I recently found a download of Fairlight CMI samples that I intend to do some designing with.

BRIGGS

24 Nov 2019

Jackjackdaw wrote:
24 Nov 2019
I do a fair amount of sample looping like this, creating single cycle waveforms for synthesis etc. I use the Reason sampler window and although it's well basic I get good results. The soundforge thing does look good though.

I recently found a download of Fairlight CMI samples that I intend to do some designing with.
Yeah, the sampler window is nice. They did a good job!
r11s

miscend

24 Nov 2019

I watched it. I prefer his mixing videos. For me there was nothing new here honestly. There’s software like Keymap Pro that will intelligently detect loop points or even synthesise loop points for you.

bitley

25 Nov 2019

Reason does that better than all other solutions I've tried, the crossfade looping is great.

Jackjackdaw

25 Nov 2019

miscend wrote:
24 Nov 2019
I watched it. I prefer his mixing videos. For me there was nothing new here honestly. There’s software like Keymap Pro that will intelligently detect loop points or even synthesise loop points for you.
It was definitely heavy on the nostalgia. Every DAW I have tried lately has awesome samplers baked in. (He's a Reaper user though, nothing is baked in,) And I don't get his point about saving a DAW project vs a single sample in Soundforge, bouncing a sample to disk is a right click away. But the technique is still a valid sound design staple.

dezma

26 Nov 2019

lol, I used this A3000 for quite some time, before switching to emagic logic. It's easy to forget how difficult it was back then.

• Information