The Black Friday VST Sales Thread

Discuss VST stuff here!
Boombastix
Competition Winner

20 Nov 2019

reddust wrote:
20 Nov 2019
I want to get Spire since over a year already but their sale is every now and then and always the same price, it's a good deal but there is no feel like the Black Friday sale or any other sale in their shop is special, so I always end up waiting for another moment to spend those 129 Euro on this synth
Why don't you just buy the synth Rigs with ReSpire, you essentially pay $25 for ReSpire. I did and I wasn't planning to sit and program patches on it, maybe just a simple tweak and then buy some patches if I want more. Why? because I have many other synths to sit and program, if/when I need/want to. But honestly with > 10000 patches among my synths it is more a question of finding a patch that inspires and maybe tweak it a little. Often by just layering two synths you get more interesting results faster than making a single patch of your own.

Anyhow I think Spire sounds better than Serum. Both have many patches to buy as well
If you do not have a synth that is fast and inspiring to work with, then get one for that purpose., maybe Dune 3, Hive, Synthmaster One, i.e. something that gets you good results fast. Ana2 and Electra may be alternatives as well. But then in the synth Rig you get plenty of synths to work with like Go2, Antidote, etc...
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

Steedus
Competition Winner

21 Nov 2019

Hoping for a Lekko deal ;)

reddust

21 Nov 2019

Boombastix wrote:
20 Nov 2019
Why don't you just buy the synth Rigs with ReSpire, you essentially pay $25 for ReSpire. I did and I wasn't planning to sit and program patches on it, maybe just a simple tweak and then buy some patches if I want more. Why? because I have many other synths to sit and program, if/when I need/want to. But honestly with > 10000 patches among my synths it is more a question of finding a patch that inspires and maybe tweak it a little. Often by just layering two synths you get more interesting results faster than making a single patch of your own.

Anyhow I think Spire sounds better than Serum. Both have many patches to buy as well
If you do not have a synth that is fast and inspiring to work with, then get one for that purpose., maybe Dune 3, Hive, Synthmaster One, i.e. something that gets you good results fast. Ana2 and Electra may be alternatives as well. But then in the synth Rig you get plenty of synths to work with like Go2, Antidote, etc...
Thanks, I think that's indeed a good idea, but I am actually giving preference to VST instruments in case I change my DAW some day - which seems more like a real option every day and I'm not planning to upgrade to Reason 11 for now.

From the RE shop I would say I own all synths I wanted to have (Parsec2, Resonans, Complex-1...) and I own Serum as well. Spire is the "last" synth on my wishlist because I think it has a special character to it and I really like its sound. Anyways thanks for the hint and the list of possible alternatives, I'll research those synths, maybe I find a good alternative that I end up buying instead of Spire :)

Despondo
Competition Winner

21 Nov 2019

hurricane wrote:
18 Nov 2019
$149
Thanks!

MrFigg
Competition Winner

22 Nov 2019

This IZotope Black Friday bundle has to be a good deal right? Using the code “group” takes it down even further to $41.16

https://www.jrrshop.com/izotope-black-friday-bundle
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Reminiscence

22 Nov 2019

dusan.cani wrote:
20 Nov 2019

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/c ... iving-xxl/

YESSS !!!

Say Hello to my new next-generation synth, Massive X :thumbs_up:
Considering picking it up also! :ugeek:

dusan.cani

22 Nov 2019

Reminiscence:

Already have it and I am very happy with it :puf_bigsmile: ...so powerful, easy to use, inspiring, top notch sounding device. Well done NI !

tallguy

22 Nov 2019

U-He Zebra is now 30% off. It includes an upgrade to the upcoming 2.9 release scheduled later this year. U-He don't often do sales.

LINK

FLVZ

22 Nov 2019

Boombastix wrote:
20 Nov 2019
hurricane wrote:
18 Nov 2019
While it may not seem to be marketed as a Black Friday sale, Plugin Boutique has their VirtualCZ and Carbon Electra synths at 50% off through December 5th. VirtualCZ + a free expansion can be had for $39. Carbon + a free expansion for $25. You also get Nectar Elements for free.
VirtualCZ sounds 99% like my hardware Casio CZ-1 and there are tons of presets out there. If you can't grab Arturia's CZ, this is a really good alternative. The developer of VirtualCZ was involved in the develpment of Arturia's CZ.
VirtualCZ: https://www.pluginboutique.com/product/ ... -Expansion
This is a good recommendation. I did extensive comparison between Virtual CZ and Arturia's. Virtual CZ won by a mile and I bought it. Lots of good Casio presets to get for free and the PiB packs are good too. Arturia's presets are drenched in reverb and the built in LP filter, it just sounds, well average/generic, that way. Virtual CZ just sounds like, well like a CZ, and it sits very nicely in the mix. I must have 20 synths, and if I could only keep two, Virtual CZ would be one of them, yeah, don't sleep on it... :geek:
Seems like in all Arturia comparisons they always come out second best (or worse). This is why I'm not keen on their collections...

zoidkirb

22 Nov 2019

MrFigg wrote:
22 Nov 2019
This IZotope Black Friday bundle has to be a good deal right? Using the code “group” takes it down even further to $41.16

It's ok, a lot of that stuff has been free before though. Personally I couldn't live without trash 2. Neutron is quite handy to have up your sleeve too. The rest imo is pretty meh unless you have a real specific use case for each.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

23 Nov 2019

zoidkirb wrote:
22 Nov 2019
MrFigg wrote:
22 Nov 2019

It's ok, a lot of that stuff has been free before though. Personally I couldn't live without trash 2. Neutron is quite handy to have up your sleeve too. The rest imo is pretty meh unless you have a real specific use case for each.
Yeah. Thanks. Already decided against. I got two of the elements free already. DDLY has been free in the past the Filter looks pretty cool but well...you know. The only one I really wanted is Trash2 and that’ll probably be free some time on Plug-in Boutique :).
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

zoidkirb

23 Nov 2019

MrFigg wrote:
23 Nov 2019
zoidkirb wrote:
22 Nov 2019

Yeah. Thanks. Already decided against. I got two of the elements free already. DDLY has been free in the past the Filter looks pretty cool but well...you know. The only one I really wanted is Trash2 and that’ll probably be free some time on Plug-in Boutique :).
It's almost a matter of when not if at this point. $40 for trash still would be worthy but there's really no rush as there's always sales

guitfnky

23 Nov 2019

whoever posted that jrr site, thanks for the tip! picked up an exciter for $10, and the Plug & Mix VIP bundle for $40. 51 plugins for $50 is a pretty goddamn good deal, especially given the quality.
I write good music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

MrFigg
Competition Winner

23 Nov 2019

guitfnky wrote:
23 Nov 2019
whoever posted that jrr site, thanks for the tip! picked up an exciter for $10, and the Plug & Mix VIP bundle for $40. 51 plugins for $50 is a pretty goddamn good deal, especially given the quality.
Any chance of telling me what the uni-vibe one is like? And the echoplex if you don’t mind. Thanks :).
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

guitfnky

23 Nov 2019

MrFigg wrote:
23 Nov 2019
guitfnky wrote:
23 Nov 2019
Any chance of telling me what the uni-vibe one is like? And the echoplex if you don’t mind. Thanks :).
I’ve only done minor tweaks with many of them so far (loading them so I could do the screenshots for the Reason browser), but the Echoplex was one that really caught my attention when I pulled that one up. sounds really nice. the Uni-Vibe one sounded great too—I thought it was more subtle than I would’ve expected, but I didn’t do enough tweaking to get the full measure of it. I’ll try to dig that one out and give it a deeper dive later today and let you know.

and not responding to you specifically, but the optical compressor is an incredible alternative to the RE-2A, for anyone interested in the bundle (if you don’t already have a VST alternative).

MrFigg
Competition Winner

23 Nov 2019

guitfnky wrote:
23 Nov 2019
MrFigg wrote:
23 Nov 2019

I’ve only done minor tweaks with many of them so far (loading them so I could do the screenshots for the Reason browser), but the Echoplex was one that really caught my attention when I pulled that one up. sounds really nice. the Uni-Vibe one sounded great too—I thought it was more subtle than I would’ve expected, but I didn’t do enough tweaking to get the full measure of it. I’ll try to dig that one out and give it a deeper dive later today and let you know.

and not responding to you specifically, but the optical compressor is an incredible alternative to the RE-2A, for anyone interested in the bundle (if you don’t already have a VST alternative).
Thanks. It’s showing as $39 on jrr. There’s also Vox and a MesaBoogie amp sims in there which are making my fingers itch. Let me know how you get on.
Incidentally. I read some of the plugins are pretty buggy and P&M aren’t particularly forthcoming with fixes.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Le Boeuf

23 Nov 2019

guitfnky

23 Nov 2019

MrFigg wrote:
23 Nov 2019
guitfnky wrote:
23 Nov 2019

Thanks. It’s showing as $39 on jrr. There’s also Vox and a MesaBoogie amp sims in there which are making my fingers itch. Let me know how you get on.
Incidentally. I read some of the plugins are pretty buggy and P&M aren’t particularly forthcoming with fixes.
yep, that's where I got it, and for that price it's an absolute steal. I gave the Uni-Vibe emulation a closer look, and I was wrong about it being subtle. :lol: I should've known better than to give opinions on a Uni-Vibe when the source material I was testing were incredibly staccato funk licks (good god, I hate the word licks, haha!)… I tried actually playing guitar through it and it sounds nice and fat and as deep as you want to make it.

and your comment on the amp sims made me curious... honestly, I probably never would have even loaded one had you not said anything, since I've already got a modeling amp/floorboard, and also Bias FX (not to mention most of the Kuassa lineup), all of which sound fantastic. I expected their amp sims to be the most underwhelming part of the package, but holy hell, these things sound great! fat and warm, or clean and crisp as you need, even at high gain settings. I can't speak for whether they're true to the amps they're modeled after, since I don't really care about such things (it's hard to, with such a wealth of options, when I can just choose whatever works best without having to think too much about it), but they're really good. I'd say probably better than the Kuassa stuff, in fact, although in fairness, I haven't fired up one of the Kuassa amps in a while. I'm guessing the P&M Magic Queen one might be the Vox, and the P&M California Tone may be the Mesa Boogie? I can vouch for both sounding excellent.

as for the bugs, I can't really speak to that. I haven't had any problems so far, but then again, I've had the suite for less than a day, so it's hard to say for sure.

it's $40 very well-spent, IMHO.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

24 Nov 2019

guitfnky wrote:
23 Nov 2019
MrFigg wrote:
23 Nov 2019

yep, that's where I got it, and for that price it's an absolute steal. I gave the Uni-Vibe emulation a closer look, and I was wrong about it being subtle. :lol: I should've known better than to give opinions on a Uni-Vibe when the source material I was testing were incredibly staccato funk licks (good god, I hate the word licks, haha!)… I tried actually playing guitar through it and it sounds nice and fat and as deep as you want to make it.

and your comment on the amp sims made me curious... honestly, I probably never would have even loaded one had you not said anything, since I've already got a modeling amp/floorboard, and also Bias FX (not to mention most of the Kuassa lineup), all of which sound fantastic. I expected their amp sims to be the most underwhelming part of the package, but holy hell, these things sound great! fat and warm, or clean and crisp as you need, even at high gain settings. I can't speak for whether they're true to the amps they're modeled after, since I don't really care about such things (it's hard to, with such a wealth of options, when I can just choose whatever works best without having to think too much about it), but they're really good. I'd say probably better than the Kuassa stuff, in fact, although in fairness, I haven't fired up one of the Kuassa amps in a while. I'm guessing the P&M Magic Queen one might be the Vox, and the P&M California Tone may be the Mesa Boogie? I can vouch for both sounding excellent.

as for the bugs, I can't really speak to that. I haven't had any problems so far, but then again, I've had the suite for less than a day, so it's hard to say for sure.

Thanks man. You made me demo it and so far I'm liking it. Not too sure about the amps but I haven't really gotten into them yet. Dimension 3D is pretty cool though and it's a nice plate reverb. The vibrato too :). The Vinylizer is nicer than the iZotope one.
You saw this right?

http://www.plugandmix.com/products/p1888-Chainer/

That's also pretty cool.

Edit: Hmm, after a bit I'm finding quite a few of them to be buggy. The D-Esser just stops working after some parameter tweaking and the big know on the Ambiosoniq doesn't do anything. Also a lot of the presets stop working (that may be a restriction of the demo but it's the same even after relaunch). Still some nice working ones though.
Last edited by MrFigg on 24 Nov 2019, edited 1 time in total.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Carambo

24 Nov 2019

hurricane wrote:
18 Nov 2019
Eiosis have their fantasticly sophisticated Air EQ on sale for $49: https://www.eiosis.com/aireq
This is a bargain, I found out it's actually one of the rare Eq I use with a "wow" effect, need to be careful though, very sensible but it can reshape your sound on a very efficient way

Djstarski

24 Nov 2019

There is a great deal at waves

https://www.waves.com/bundles/silver

16 plugins for $49.99

guitfnky

24 Nov 2019

MrFigg wrote:
24 Nov 2019
guitfnky wrote:
23 Nov 2019

Thanks man. You made me demo it and so far I'm liking it. Not too sure about the amps but I haven't really gotten into them yet. Dimension 3D is pretty cool though and it's a nice plate reverb. The vibrato too :). The Vinylizer is nicer than the iZotope one.
You saw this right?

http://www.plugandmix.com/products/p1888-Chainer/

That's also pretty cool.

Edit: Hmm, after a bit I'm finding quite a few of them to be buggy. The D-Esser just stops working after some parameter tweaking and the big know on the Ambiosoniq doesn't do anything. Also a lot of the presets stop working (that may be a restriction of the demo but it's the same even after relaunch). Still some nice working ones though.
I haven't tried the de-esser yet, but I was curious about the Ambiosoniq bug you mentioned, so I pulled it up...I don't think it's bugged. that big knob is very subtle, and you're not going to notice it right away (and maybe not at all, depending on the source material). I think it's actually TOO subtle. I tried it on a couple of guitar tracks, and a synth track, and didn't hear anything either, but when I put it on a drum track or the master buss with a full mix going, I can hear it. it's really nice sounding, I think, but it would be nice if they gave more range for it so you could hear it more readily and dial it in to taste. it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to have an effect that's so subtle that you have to crank it to even start to hear a difference--might as well have made it a toggle switch or button instead of a knob.

I wish I could speak to whether what you're experiencing is due to the demo. I was using it in demo mode for a few minutes before I authorized, but I wasn't pulling up any presets, and didn't encounter any bugs. after I authorized, and tried out the amps, I did try some of the presets for those, and honestly didn't care for most of them (then again, I almost never use presets). I found it was easier to get a good sound just by tweaking myself (and it's not hard to get a good tone out of them...I feel like they had to really try to make some of those presets sound less than stellar :lol:) an oddly big plus for these is how simple they are. compared to Bias FX or the amp settings in my Boss GT-1000, for example, there are a lot of extra options that you don't get to access easily on most normal guitar amps (cab models, speaker models, bias, sag, resonance, etc.). I like that these ones are super straightforward--getting super-tweaky can be fun, but at the end of the day, I want to be able to find something musical quickly, not spend my time nitpicking about settings.

so far, I feel like this bundle is a bit of a hidden gem. I spent like 2 hours this morning just playing around with the amps and effects with my guitar, which is a testament to their sound quality...I almost never do that anymore.

reddust

25 Nov 2019

Wavesfactory started its sale too, I'm might be getting Spectre, has some interesting features I could make some use of

https://www.wavesfactory.com

And Klevgrand too

https://klevgrand.se

PhillipOrdonez

25 Nov 2019

Please kindly share if you hear about any sales in sonarworks reference 4.

Boombastix
Competition Winner

25 Nov 2019

If anyone is still looking at monster synths, then ANA2 is on deep discount now, $54.
https://www.sonicacademy.com/products/ana-2

I think I'll pass, I have too many already.
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

• Information