Complex-1 community ReFill project

Need some fresh sounds? Want to show off your sound design skills? Here's the place!
WongoTheSane

22 Nov 2019

Thus is usually what happens when the device version isn't the same as the version used to save the patches. Did you make sure you were using the latest version by syncing your account in the shop?

Re8et
Competition Winner

23 Nov 2019

Some lo-fi goodness for the nostalgics :)
Atari 7600.zip
(1.95 KiB) Downloaded 323 times

m.arthur

24 Nov 2019

WongoTheSane wrote:
22 Nov 2019
Thus is usually what happens when the device version isn't the same as the version used to save the patches. Did you make sure you were using the latest version by syncing your account in the shop?
Ah, thank you! This was precisely the problem, my version was out of date. Cheers! (And no, I had never hit the 'sync' button in the shop, nice!)

-M

Jackjackdaw

24 Nov 2019

I am sorely tempted by the Arturia V collection deal, In an effort to prove to myself I don't need it I have been using the demo and recreating some of the presets in Reason. Here is a patch inspired by the Buchla Easel V patch 'L.A. 2049' In essence it's doing the same thing as the Buchla V but is missing Arturia's gravity modulator and the dusty Analog modelling. Tweak the LPG envelopes and the shaper!

Just uploaded a Jam using a variation of this patch if yer interested...
Attachments
Buchla Inspired.zip
(1.88 KiB) Downloaded 284 times

MrBlue

30 Nov 2019

Thank's for the last patches... another one inspired by Fithy Audiorate by DivKid ;)
You can play it wiht an arp !
Blue Audiorate (dirty bass org) - MrBlue.zip
(1.92 KiB) Downloaded 320 times

Loque

29 Dec 2019

The biggest problem with Complex-1 is not that its complex, it is that i always ran out of slots...
Not enuf shaping possible.zip
(2.02 KiB) Downloaded 293 times
Reason12, Win10

Re8et
Competition Winner

29 Jan 2020

Complex stochastix -1! Enjoy
STOCHASTIC COMPLEX-1 V3.zip
(4.51 KiB) Downloaded 328 times

Re8et
Competition Winner

29 Jan 2020

Noel G. wrote:
08 Jun 2019
WongoTheSane wrote:
06 Jun 2019
Great, Noel, that'll be a welcome addition! :thumbs_up:
Michel, thanks for the Complex-1 images you provided. Here are two additional Combinator skins. I avoid including non-operational controllers and cables on Combinator skins, so these are more basic.

Reasonistas Complex1 Combinator Skin 2.jpg

Reasonistas Complex1 Combinator Skin 1.jpg

Hi Noel! Can I use them?
I tried the skin 2 but the knobs comes out standard, not colored, do you know why???

DrGOA®

29 Jan 2020

I want to ask something:

How many patches are needed to make this refill?
Or there will be no refill (just patches)?

Loque

29 Jan 2020

Re8et wrote:
29 Jan 2020
Noel G. wrote:
08 Jun 2019

Michel, thanks for the Complex-1 images you provided. Here are two additional Combinator skins. I avoid including non-operational controllers and cables on Combinator skins, so these are more basic.

Reasonistas Complex1 Combinator Skin 2.jpg

Reasonistas Complex1 Combinator Skin 1.jpg

Hi Noel! Can I use them?
I tried the skin 2 but the knobs comes out standard, not colored, do you know why???
Knobs cannot be colored with a skin. Skin needs to be updated to reflect "Reasonstudio" ;)
Reason12, Win10

Loque

13 Feb 2020

According the blog entry https://www.reasonstudios.com/blog/reas ... ners-dream i remade the patch with Complex-1. Experiment with the Noise modulation source, turn the MW and have fun.
NoisePipePopcorn.zip
(4.03 KiB) Downloaded 306 times
Reason12, Win10

bigguy1

15 Feb 2020

NoisePipePopcorn is a very nice Patch. Thx Loque for you continuous suppoert on complex-1. I really appreciate it.
And I wish I would be more skilled, but complex-1 is too heavy for me...

Loque

22 Mar 2020

According to the thread in viewtopic.php?f=8&t=7516020, i tried it with Complex-1. Be carefull with the feedback loops. Here is the result (you need R11):
Attachments
ComplexDoom.zip
(9.07 KiB) Downloaded 239 times
Reason12, Win10

NDKay

03 Jun 2020

Complex1 is so much fun to play around with !

I would like to contribute to the refill by offering 2 Patches ( you can decide if they are worthy )

while the "banalog 2" patch sounds the greatest for me in the C0toC1 range, the other one is fun at different octaves, too ;-)
Attachments
Complex1 RTCF Contribut.zip
(4.04 KiB) Downloaded 224 times
This is a SmartAss. Really nothing more than that !

mjxl

03 Jun 2020

Nice patches NDKay, very approved :P

NDKay

18 Jun 2020

i would bump the question of the release ?

it seems the collecting phase is now running for a bit bit over a year.

And i would vote for a reopening for a new complex 1 refill collection ( - Complex 1 Reasontalk Community Refill Vol. 2 ;-) )

Maybe we start a new era of Community Refills? someone wit me ?

Loque

18 Jun 2020

NDKay wrote:
18 Jun 2020
i would bump the question of the release ?

it seems the collecting phase is now running for a bit bit over a year.

And i would vote for a reopening for a new complex 1 refill collection ( - Complex 1 Reasontalk Community Refill Vol. 2 ;-) )

Maybe we start a new era of Community Refills? someone wit me ?
Good point. A deadline/release date would force all ppl to deliver at a certain date and make a package available. Guess its about time. Maybe give a few weeks and let ppl show how kewl Complex-1 is. I would also try to give it a more west-coast style - i think i need to improve this a bit on my side and deliver a few patches...
Reason12, Win10

NDKay

18 Jun 2020

Loque wrote:
18 Jun 2020
Good point. A deadline/release date would force all ppl to deliver at a certain date and make a package available. Guess its about time. Maybe give a few weeks and let ppl show how kewl Complex-1 is. I would also try to give it a more west-coast style - i think i need to improve this a bit on my side and deliver a few patches...
... may i ask where you would start ? i mean do you have a good " howto westcoast-modular" tuto.vid or something ?

I think if a date is targeted i would also add one or two patches.

Loque

18 Jun 2020

NDKay wrote:
18 Jun 2020
Loque wrote:
18 Jun 2020
... may i ask where you would start ? i mean do you have a good " howto westcoast-modular" tuto.vid or something ?

I think if a date is targeted i would also add one or two patches.
No, i have no idea tbh. But when i just listen to the default patch, i know i am on a different track most of the time...Got to learn, search, investigate...and ofc i would be thankfull to find a good video here :-)
Reason12, Win10

csus

19 Jun 2020

Im really interested to see what people created with complex-1! Do we have to contribute patches to the folder to get access?

NDKay

20 Jun 2020

csus wrote:
19 Jun 2020
Im really interested to see what people created with complex-1! Do we have to contribute patches to the folder to get access?
like i understand it: NO
By that i mean you can already go through the thread and download each contributions if you want to.

Just leave in mind, sharing is caring ;-)

NDKay

14 Jul 2020

Here´s a DnB or Dubstep "Lead" ( it got bass)

Take a DnB Loop, open this patch and play your keys.... have fun.

edit: play it around C0 to C2, above that it sounds.....lets say "like a joke" :lol:
Attachments
CpX1 - DnB Squelch Lead -ND.zip
(1.99 KiB) Downloaded 198 times

challism

18 Aug 2020

I recently got Complex-1 and am just checking in on this project. Looks like it's still underway. I'll see what kind of patches I can come up with to contribute.

Have we decided on a deadline? Deadlines do get results.

Excellent tutorial here
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

mcatalao
Competition Winner

19 Aug 2020

challism wrote:
18 Aug 2020
I recently got Complex-1 and am just checking in on this project. Looks like it's still underway. I'll see what kind of patches I can come up with to contribute.

Have we decided on a deadline? Deadlines do get results.

(...)
I've been lurking around here too!

But about the deadline idea, i agree. And the deadline is important so that this is turned into a refill without having to issue multiple versions of it. It's better to draw a line and then start a new refill for a second iteration. We could maintain it iterative (like the first refill patches be included in Volume 2 and so on so that people didn't have to load 3 or 4 refills for complex).

Cheers and keep up the great work!
MC

mjxl

19 Aug 2020

mcatalao wrote:
19 Aug 2020
But about the deadline idea, i agree. And the deadline is important so that this is turned into a refill without having to issue multiple versions of it. It's better to draw a line and then start a new refill for a second iteration. We could maintain it iterative (like the first refill patches be included in Volume 2 and so on so that people didn't have to load 3 or 4 refills for complex).
I was thinking to just build the refill, and update it accordingly.
Could be a good idea to automate this a little even :)

• Information