No sale price on upgrades?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
orthodox
RE Developer

23 Nov 2019

fretshot7 wrote:
22 Nov 2019
seems he misses the point where customers already own loads of the devices? clueless? or just zero cares given?
I don't get the point too. Is it that RS should stop offering discounts on the products and bundles just so some of the existing customers wouldn't feel cheated? The 11-Suite is just regular 11 plus a bundle. Nobody takes special care for owners of bundled devices, why should it be done for the Suite?

reggie1979

23 Nov 2019

Or, please give me the update w/o the nonsense..................

Boombastix
Competition Winner

23 Nov 2019

reddust wrote:
22 Nov 2019
reggie1979 wrote:
22 Nov 2019
Yeah, Studio one is great but I just never get anything done in it.
How come? Is Studio One not so inspiring? Or not as intuitive as some users say? I am really thinking of switching to it because I am getting some vocaloid stuff nextly and I am going the piapro way, which includes the artist version of Studio One, that might be the right step for me to start using it
If you plan to do vocal work consider Cubase Pro. Studio One pretty much needs you to buy Vocalign and Melodyne, something Cubase has built in with its Vocalign. So better integration, and no additional cost. Vocalign and Melodyne is probably another $300 or so. Variaudio uses zPlane algo's, nuff said...
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

reggie1979

23 Nov 2019

Weird but ok., or whatever floats yer boat!

VariableX

23 Nov 2019

orthodox wrote:
23 Nov 2019
fretshot7 wrote:
22 Nov 2019
seems he misses the point where customers already own loads of the devices? clueless? or just zero cares given?
I don't get the point too. Is it that RS should stop offering discounts on the products and bundles just so some of the existing customers wouldn't feel cheated? The 11-Suite is just regular 11 plus a bundle. Nobody takes special care for owners of bundled devices, why should it be done for the Suite?
No of course not, they should offer a tiered discount bundle price depending on how many devices you already own.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

23 Nov 2019

I can’t say HOW I know but some form of “Complete Your Bundle” might be here soon. For some developers in any case. Thats all I can say.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

VariableX

23 Nov 2019

MrFigg wrote:
23 Nov 2019
I can’t say HOW I know but some form of “Complete Your Bundle” might be here soon. For some developers in any case. Thats all I can say.
Steps in the right direction maybe the new CEO is gonna make some good changes 👍🏼

MrFigg
Competition Winner

23 Nov 2019

fretshot7 wrote:
23 Nov 2019
MrFigg wrote:
23 Nov 2019
Steps in the right direction maybe the new CEO is gonna make some good changes 👍🏼
I’m not sure that he is the reason but it’ll be a welcome addition whoever is responsible.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

VariableX

23 Nov 2019

MrFigg wrote:
23 Nov 2019
fretshot7 wrote:
23 Nov 2019

I’m not sure that he is the reason but it’ll be a welcome addition whoever is responsible.
Pretty sure he would have the right to veto.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

23 Nov 2019

fretshot7 wrote:
23 Nov 2019
MrFigg wrote:
23 Nov 2019

Absolutely. What reason would he have to say no though if customers and developers want it and someone else has taken the initiative to try and implement it. With that said though, I have no idea there whys and wherefores.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

VariableX

23 Nov 2019

MrFigg wrote:
23 Nov 2019
fretshot7 wrote:
23 Nov 2019

Absolutely. What reason would he have to say no though if customers and developers want it and someone else has taken the initiative to try and implement it. With that said though, I have no idea there whys and wherefores.
Be interesting to see how it works from a monetary point of view...
Sounds like someone out-with RS has implemented it? Is their web shop outsourced? I assumed it was in-house.... anyway it hasn't been implemented yet so somehow someone somewhere didn't want it at sometime 😀

ljekio

23 Nov 2019

I'll still use R10 and dont care about sales.
Whole R11 is contain no one feature for me anyway.
Waiting for upgrade for old good reason users :)

miscend

23 Nov 2019

They will probably do a sale on upgrades at some point next year. I wasn't expecting them to do a sale on upgrades when Reason 11 is still new as it is.

stratatonic

23 Nov 2019

miscend wrote:
23 Nov 2019
They will probably do a sale on upgrades at some point next year. I wasn't expecting them to do a sale on upgrades when Reason 11 is still new as it is.
Well, Reason 10 was on a Black Friday sale one month after release, so they've certainly done it before.

Maybe it has more to do with all the potential upgraders who were waiting to see the Reason AU Rack first before buying. For them, it's like the Reason 11 release was just a couple of days ago.

kitekrazy

23 Nov 2019

Boombastix wrote:
23 Nov 2019
reddust wrote:
22 Nov 2019

How come? Is Studio One not so inspiring? Or not as intuitive as some users say? I am really thinking of switching to it because I am getting some vocaloid stuff nextly and I am going the piapro way, which includes the artist version of Studio One, that might be the right step for me to start using it
If you plan to do vocal work consider Cubase Pro. Studio One pretty much needs you to buy Vocalign and Melodyne, something Cubase has built in with its Vocalign. So better integration, and no additional cost. Vocalign and Melodyne is probably another $300 or so. Variaudio uses zPlane algo's, nuff said...
My only gripe is they charge for .5 updates.

kitekrazy

23 Nov 2019

I got Reason 10 when Props/vendors did a BF sale. I think it was the first time ever they did a sale on upgrades.

joeyluck

23 Nov 2019

fretshot7 wrote:
23 Nov 2019
orthodox wrote:
23 Nov 2019

No of course not, they should offer a tiered discount bundle price depending on how many devices you already own.
Reason Suite upgrade is $249

That is only $120 more on top of the regular upgrade price of $129.

I think it's something like over $1300 worth of REs included with Suite upgrade. So essentially you can potentially get that many REs for only $120.

You only have to not own two or three of the sixteen REs to still get a great deal out of it. So I'm not sure how tiered pricing would work on something that is already so heavily discounted. I think they discounted it so heavily to make it work for most people.

If you want tiered, then I think we're maybe talking about a higher starting price then...and you could end up paying more?

Skimrok

23 Nov 2019

joeyluck wrote:
23 Nov 2019
fretshot7 wrote:
23 Nov 2019

I think it's something like over $1300 worth of REs included with Suite upgrade. So essentially you can potentially get that many REs for only $120.

You only have to not own two or three of the sixteen REs to still get a great deal out of it. So I'm not sure how tiered pricing would work on something that is already so heavily discounted. I think they discounted it so heavily to make it work for most people.

If you want tiered, then I think we're maybe talking about a higher starting price then...and you could end up paying more?
Do you know what is funny I was hoping they do a discount for reason 10 users for 11 Suite but with what you said about the REs I have none so looks like I may be losing the battle with a special discount for R10 users and stop being a cheapskate :lol: :oops: :shock:
12 with 11 Suite :reason:/ Akai Mini Mk3 / MPD218 /Eve SC207 Monitors / Mrs10 Sub / Motu M2 / Zen Can

VariableX

23 Nov 2019

joeyluck wrote:
23 Nov 2019
fretshot7 wrote:
23 Nov 2019

Just divide the price by the number of devices, then multiply it by how many you don't own, pretty fair for everyone (i know not perfect due to individual pricing, but close enough)

If its $1300 of devices in there and some people own half, they have already paid $650!

Its a mute point for me now anyway, because I wouldn't pay the upgrade as there is nothing about it that does anything for me and my music making. I might have had the upgrade as a consequence of purchasing the suite but as discussed im not paying twice for anything no matter the price.

Its RS problem not mine cos im really happy with v10.
They need to figure out how to get me to open my wallet and they haven't yet.

reggie1979

23 Nov 2019

Boombastix wrote:
23 Nov 2019
reddust wrote:
22 Nov 2019

Yeah, cubey is great. But I don't do vocals.

Fooltooth

23 Nov 2019

So where I'm confused at the moment is that I bought the upgrade from Reason 10 to regular Reason 11 back in September, for $129.

I didn't realize, at the time, how many new instruments and other stuff was in Reason 11 Suite.

So now I'm looking at Reason 11 Suite, and upgrading to that, from regular Reason 11, is another $250.

??? Does anyone remember what the upgrade cost was if you were going straight from Reason 10 to Reason 11 Suite?

Maybe it's just sticker shock because $380 is the biggest upgrade cost I've run into since I got on the Reason train around Reason 8, but it seems like a lot. *shrugs*

zoidkirb

23 Nov 2019

Fooltooth wrote:
23 Nov 2019
So where I'm confused at the moment is that I bought the upgrade from Reason 10 to regular Reason 11 back in September, for $129.

I didn't realize, at the time, how many new instruments and other stuff was in Reason 11 Suite.

So now I'm looking at Reason 11 Suite, and upgrading to that, from regular Reason 11, is another $250.

??? Does anyone remember what the upgrade cost was if you were going straight from Reason 10 to Reason 11 Suite?

Maybe it's just sticker shock because $380 is the biggest upgrade cost I've run into since I got on the Reason train around Reason 8, but it seems like a lot. *shrugs*
Upgrade price to Suite from any full version was and is $250. Anyone going from 10, to 11, and then Suite wasted some money.

littlejam

23 Nov 2019

hello,

what would be interesting if a reason10 user doesn't have a lot of the reason11 suite stuff
is to pay for the suite update
get all the licenses for the REs
but not install reason11
and just keep using reason10

is this possible?

kia kaha

edit: i may be very wrong on this, sorry
littlejamaicastudios
i7 2.8ghz / 24GB ddr3 / Quadro 4000 x 2 / ProFire 610
reason 10 / reaper / acidpro /akai mpk mini / korg padkontrol / axiom 25 / radium 49
'i get by with a lot of help from my friends'

challism

24 Nov 2019

littlejam wrote:
23 Nov 2019
hello,

what would be interesting if a reason10 user doesn't have a lot of the reason11 suite stuff
but not install reason11

is this possible?

kia kaha

No, it wouldn't work. In the past, how it worked for updates bought from the shop, the update to your license would be automatically applied to the license at checkout. So you couldn't use the old license to run the old version because it was now a license to run the new version which was just upgraded. I have multiple licenses and I like to update them in a leap frog manner, so right now I have 9 and 10. My next upgrade will most likely be to upgrade 9 to 12. As I have done in the past, I will have to contact customer support to have them apply the upgrade to the 9 license, as it will most likely apply it to the 10 license automatically.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

buddard
RE Developer

24 Nov 2019

challism wrote:
24 Nov 2019
littlejam wrote:
23 Nov 2019
hello,

but not install reason11

is this possible?

kia kaha

No, it wouldn't work. In the past, how it worked for updates bought from the shop, the update to your license would be automatically applied to the license at checkout. So you couldn't use the old license to run the old version because it was now a license to run the new version which was just upgraded. I have multiple licenses and I like to update them in a leap frog manner, so right now I have 9 and 10. My next upgrade will most likely be to upgrade 9 to 12. As I have done in the past, I will have to contact customer support to have them apply the upgrade to the 9 license, as it will most likely apply it to the 10 license automatically.
That's weird! I have a single Reason license which I've upgraded from 5 to 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10 through the years.
I still have Reason 8 installed, which I can run fine.
Before that I had 7, 8 and 9 installed at the same time, also worked without problems.
So I expect that when I update to 11 I will still be able to run 8 and 10.

But I think the OP's question was that if he upgrades from Reason 10 to Reason 11 Suite, can he use all the Suite REs in Reason 10?
I think he can, since they are just a bunch of RE licenses, including Scenic.
The new "stock devices" on the other hand, like Sweeper and the SSL stuff, will almost certainly not appear in Reason 10 since they're not separately available in the shop.

• Information