Nektarine support added to the Panorama P controllers

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
QVprod

01 Jun 2019

Nektar released Studio One integration, along with it seems Nektarine can now be used from the P keyboards.

https://nektartech.com/studio-one-panor ... tegration/

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

08 Jun 2019

I got Nektarie up and running on my P1 and P4 last month, was meant to do to post about it.

Nektarine is a great idea, just a shame it does no have an export option so you can export the file ready to be merged in the main mapping file so you don't have to use Nektarine.

QVprod

08 Jun 2019

Not sure I would've expected the mapping to be exported. They've definitely changed on their original stance on using wrappers. But it does make it easier to support plugins across hosts.

Catblack

08 Jun 2019

I've already pinged Carly about it, but I think that Nektarine needs remotemap (and codec!) support in Reason to work. Reason just sees it as an unknown VST otherwise. And I'm not sure about the mechanism that it uses but in looking at the remotemap file, it looks like the VST enumerates 1024 (!) items.

But the first item changes it's name based on the instance of the vst. So the first item is

Code: Select all

Param0001_{nkid:1}	0	4194304	Value	ValueOutput
Param0002	0	4194304	Value	ValueOutput
Param0003	0	4194304	Value	ValueOutput
etc...
and the second is

Param0001_{nkid:2}	0	4194304	Value	ValueOutput
Which basically isn't handled by reason very well at all. You would have to register the item Param0001_{nkid:foo} in the remote codec in a loop for however many instances of the vst you'd support. And then have a line for each in the remotemap. Basically it's a slightly different architecture than is ideal for Reason. I hope Nektar works it out.
If you ain't hip to the rare Housequake, shut up already.

Damn.

QVprod

08 Jun 2019

Without trying it. I think Nektarine is a separate mode from what I read. Haven’t tried it yet as I haven’t used my P6 in a while.

Catblack

08 Jun 2019

More discussion here:

If you ain't hip to the rare Housequake, shut up already.

Damn.

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

10 Jun 2019

Catblack wrote:
08 Jun 2019
I've already pinged Carly about it, but I think that Nektarine needs remotemap (and codec!) support in Reason to work. Reason just sees it as an unknown VST otherwise. And I'm not sure about the mechanism that it uses but in looking at the remotemap file, it looks like the VST enumerates 1024 (!) items.

But the first item changes it's name based on the instance of the vst. So the first item is

Param0001_{nkid:1}	0	4194304	Value	ValueOutput
Param0002	0	4194304	Value	ValueOutput
Param0003	0	4194304	Value	ValueOutput
etc...
and the second is

Param0001_{nkid:2}	0	4194304	Value	ValueOutput
Which basically isn't handled by reason very well at all. You would have to register the item Param0001_{nkid:foo} in the remote codec in a loop for however many instances of the vst you'd support. And then have a line for each in the remotemap. Basically it's a slightly different architecture than is ideal for Reason. I hope Nektar works it out.
Just to be clear about my first comment, I got it up and running in Reason, nothing special was really done..

I did speak to Nektar when Nektarine first came out and suggested they should get a repository of community maps, their response was Nektarine is designed to be personal. So people can do the mapping the way they want.

LucaB

10 Jun 2019

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
08 Jun 2019
I got Nektarie up and running on my P1 and P4 last month, was meant to do to post about it.

Nektarine is a great idea, just a shame it does no have an export option so you can export the file ready to be merged in the main mapping file so you don't have to use Nektarine.
Hey there, just being curious here. Do you think we could hope to get that "export" option any time in the future? I think it would be truly amazing. 🤯

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

12 Jun 2019

LucaB wrote:
10 Jun 2019
Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
08 Jun 2019

Hey there, just being curious here. Do you think we could hope to get that "export" option any time in the future? I think it would be truly amazing. 🤯
I don't think it will happen, they want an all in one place to manage mappings. Shame as it should take much effort to do and the file that Nektarine produces is in none-text format so I can't even do a conversion program for it..

loopeydoug

20 Oct 2019

I've installed Nektarine, updated my P6's firmware, and have it up and running in Reason(Windows 10, Reason 11). However, I cannot figure out how to get Nextarine's default mappings to show up on my P6. When I press the Instrument tab on the P6 it just displays "No Mapping". I figured if I make a dummy change to Nekatarin'e default mapping for a given VST and save changes that might be the solution, but it didn't work. Another interesting thing is that Nektarine will not give me the option to map the 5th button from the Main screen, which I find suspicious, as I know the T series only has 4 buttons. I'd bet money I'm approaching this incorrectly, but l it would appear that true P series integration isn't yet a reality. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

20 Oct 2019

loopeydoug wrote:
20 Oct 2019
I've installed Nektarine, updated my P6's firmware, and have it up and running in Reason(Windows 10, Reason 11). However, I cannot figure out how to get Nextarine's default mappings to show up on my P6. When I press the Instrument tab on the P6 it just displays "No Mapping". I figured if I make a dummy change to Nekatarin'e default mapping for a given VST and save changes that might be the solution, but it didn't work. Another interesting thing is that Nektarine will not give me the option to map the 5th button from the Main screen, which I find suspicious, as I know the T series only has 4 buttons. I'd bet money I'm approaching this incorrectly, but l it would appear that true P series integration isn't yet a reality. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
I have not used Nektarine for a while (apart from running Reason 11 as rack in Reason, just for silly testing) and mine is also playing up, it won't see my P1 but it does see my P4, I can sync it with Nekartine but it keeps losing communication.

Remember to enable it in the top right hand corner (usually I get 3 icons, 1=T6,1=P1,1=P4, I'm only see 2 with them all on).
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (36.01 KiB) Viewed 4713 times
Note: I'm running this on Reason 10 as there are too many bugs in 11.

loopeydoug

20 Oct 2019

Carly(Poohbear) wrote:
20 Oct 2019
loopeydoug wrote:
20 Oct 2019
I have not used Nektarine for a while (apart from running Reason 11 as rack in Reason, just for silly testing) and mine is also playing up, it won't see my P1 but it does see my P4, I can sync it with Nekartine but it keeps losing communication.

Remember to enable it in the top right hand corner (usually I get 3 icons, 1=T6,1=P1,1=P4, I'm only see 2 with them all on). Capture.JPG

Note: I'm running this on Reason 10 as there are too many bugs in 11.
Ah, that icon doesn't exist in my plugin window. I submitted a ticket to Nektartech.

P.S. - I want to thank you, Poohbear, for your tireless efforts to support and strengthen the community. You are quite remarkable.

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

21 Oct 2019

loopeydoug wrote:
20 Oct 2019

Ah, that icon doesn't exist in my plugin window. I submitted a ticket to Nektartech.

P.S. - I want to thank you, Poohbear, for your tireless efforts to support and strengthen the community. You are quite remarkable.
Thank You for saying so.

Did you also run the other setup program that comes down with the firmware, it will overwrite my mappings (so you just copy them back again) but it does have a new codec file.

Update Firmware
Install their drivers (mappings and codec really)
Overwrite their mappings with ours
install Nektarine.
Then wonder what all the fuss is about with Nektarine and then use the old mappings LOL

Boombastix
Competition Winner

25 Oct 2019

How do you guys use Nektarine now?
Keep the old Remote Mappings for REs, but move VST mappings into Nektarine?
Is there a way to share VST mappings between Nektarine users, or is every user doomed to sit and do them all on his own?
How does the R11 Rack Plugin work with Nektar and Panorama, does it at all?

I also have Akai VIP 3.1, but yet to install it. Not sure how well it does VST mapping and preset browsing. I was mainly thinking VIP would be something for preset browsing, but maybe Nektarine does that well enough, or?

Anhow with Reason 10 and Cubase 10 the P1 controller seems sweet, but is the Reason bit lost when users transition to R11 and the Rack Plugin?
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

25 Oct 2019

Boombastix wrote:
25 Oct 2019
How do you guys use Nektarine now? I don't really use it, have used it to run the Reason Rack plugin in Reason LOL

Keep the old Remote Mappings for REs, but move VST mappings into Nektarine? You can do that.

Is there a way to share VST mappings between Nektarine users, or is every user doomed to sit and do them all on his own? Yes there is, it's just a file, this was something I stressed to Nektar about having a community mapping repository, their response was "Each user can tailor their own maps".. Hmm.. A lot of users only use Presets on instruments comes to mind...

How does the R11 Rack Plugin work with Nektar and Panorama, does it at all? Note data works :) I think that comes down to the DAW to pass that info into the VST ("Reason Rack") and then the Reason Rack to process it, going forward the only way I see this working is for a matrix of parameters which will have to be programmed for each rack... it will be a pain... If Reason Studio have their head screwed on, they should allow you to produce Rack files from the standalone that you can just load into Rack Plugin when needed, a sneaky way of getting other DAW users to use Reason..

I also have Akai VIP 3.1, but yet to install it. Not sure how well it does VST mapping and preset browsing. I was mainly thinking VIP would be something for preset browsing, but maybe Nektarine does that well enough, or? Nektarine does have a database for patches. good idea, not sure how well it will scale..

Anhow with Reason 10 and Cubase 10 the P1 controller seems sweet, but is the Reason bit lost when users transition to R11 and the Rack Plugin? When I look at Reason, I see 3/4 components, The Mixer, The Rack, The Seq. and Reason main <- this the what hangs the other components together, I think others think that what is in Reason Main should be in the Rack part. The more of Reason Main that is in the Rack the less and less you will need Reason standalone, I'm in hope that now they have lifted the Rack part up, they can rewrite The Seq component etc. etc. from fresh.. <-that's hope for you...
Just my thoughts

Luis Bicho

09 Nov 2019

Hello People i am having an huge problem with my P1 and nektarine. It runs but no mappings are showed in the Screen of the >P1 is this problem only mine?? getting back to Poohs mappings... Have someone request support to Nektar Tech?
:rt: :post: :refillpacker: :ignition: :reason: :refill: :re:

okaino

22 Nov 2019

So i see nektarine works with synths but does it work for effects?

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

23 Nov 2019

okaino wrote:
22 Nov 2019
So i see nektarine works with synths but does it work for effects?
Not as far as I know...

• Information