Blamsoft - Blamco Equalizer Pack

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.

aeox
Competition Winner

21 Nov 2019

9 dollars for a really nice sounding drive is awesome. Bundle is very reasonably priced as well.

gullum

21 Nov 2019

is this in any way different from Tube tec classic chanel strip or the Kuassa eq's ?

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

21 Nov 2019

I have no idea if I have any use for these. I have plenty of EQs and in the end I only seem to use GQ-7, FRG-EEE Equalizer. And MagmaSonics Classic Filter for some basic high- and low cutting.
Will these make any difference? Does anyone knowledgeable here know?

Whatever the case it's still very nice to see Blamsoft still developing REs. That's very much appreciated.

Faastwalker

21 Nov 2019

We were just talking about Blamsoft ........... then they deliver. Fantastic ;)

aeox
Competition Winner

21 Nov 2019

TritoneAddiction wrote:
21 Nov 2019
I have no idea if I have any use for these. I have plenty of EQs and in the end I only seem to use GQ-7, FRG-EEE Equalizer. And MagmaSonics Classic Filter for some basic high- and low cutting.

Whatever the case it's still very nice to see Blamsoft still developing REs. That's very much appreciated.
Try it :thumbs_up:

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

21 Nov 2019

aeox wrote:
21 Nov 2019
TritoneAddiction wrote:
21 Nov 2019

Hmm, I'd rather not actually.

I remember one time in the past I spent hours comparing several different EQs to see which ones I preferred. In the end I ended up buying more EQs than I actually use now.
Trying out instruments or creative FX is pretty fun. Trying out EQs isn't imo. So I'd rather not spend more time trialing more EQs, especially since I usually use GQ-7 out of comfort/lazyness anyway and the other ones are collecting dust.
That's why in this particular instance I was looking for some sort of opinions before doing the imo very boring EQ comparisons myself.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

21 Nov 2019

TritoneAddiction wrote:
21 Nov 2019
aeox wrote:
21 Nov 2019

I remember one time in the past I spent hours comparing several different EQs to see which ones I preferred. In the end I ended up buying more EQs than I actually use now.
Trying out instruments or creative FX is pretty fun. Trying out EQs isn't imo. So I'd rather not spend more time trialing more EQs, especially since I usually use GQ-7 out of comfort/lazyness anyway and the other ones are collecting dust.
That's why in this particular instance I was looking for some sort of opinions before doing the imo very boring EQ comparisons myself.
Or maybe I'll just test the filter RE for the Drive function and see if that's worth 9 bucks like you mentioned. :)

motuscott

21 Nov 2019

[/quote]
Trying out instruments or creative FX is pretty fun. Trying out EQs isn't imo. So I'd rather not spend more time trialing more EQs
[/quote]

Trying out EQs is boring as dirt.
Oh the things I endure to avoid finishing a piece...
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

scratchnsnifff

21 Nov 2019

thanks blamsoft!!!!!

thought you guys were done with RE.

now when will there be a sampler or granular :D

can't wait to get this when i get home
literally made my day
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

diminished
Competition Winner

21 Nov 2019

I appreciate this release alone for the fact that the bundle is 1/10th of the price of the Softube equivalent. Won't buy it either :D, but good to have Blamsoft back!
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

aeox
Competition Winner

21 Nov 2019

TritoneAddiction wrote:
21 Nov 2019
aeox wrote:
21 Nov 2019

I'm just using the filter RE as a distortion device, with the very useful functionality of cutting freqs.

Just put the thing on a synth and turn up that drive knob. If you like the sound, you like the sound!

MrFigg
Competition Winner

21 Nov 2019

diminished wrote:
21 Nov 2019
I appreciate this release alone for the fact that the bundle is 1/10th of the price of the Softube equivalent. Won't buy it either :D, but good to have Blamsoft back!
Aaaaa. But you’ve got to remember that what made the Softube one sound so good was that it was so expensive.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

gullum

21 Nov 2019

MrFigg wrote:
21 Nov 2019
diminished wrote:
21 Nov 2019
Aaaaa. But you’ve got to remember that what made the Softube one sound so good was that it was so expensive.
It has that cashier bling sound to it

joeyluck

21 Nov 2019

joeyluck wrote:
21 Nov 2019
I thought they lost the rights to use the Blamco name in a hostile takeover?
I'm curious now if maybe we'll see a ham radio Rack Extension soon?

aeox
Competition Winner

22 Nov 2019

Bought the bundle for 39, goes on sale for 29 the next day.. :D

Not even mad

MrFigg
Competition Winner

22 Nov 2019

aeox wrote:
22 Nov 2019

Not even mad
Someone will probably say that shouldn’t complain about it as you’ve had the use of it longer than everyone else. 😂
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

aeox
Competition Winner

22 Nov 2019

MrFigg wrote:
22 Nov 2019
aeox wrote:
22 Nov 2019

Not even mad
Someone will probably say that shouldn’t complain about it as you’ve had the use of it longer than everyone else. 😂
Sounds like something I'd say haha

MrFigg
Competition Winner

22 Nov 2019

aeox wrote:
22 Nov 2019
MrFigg wrote:
22 Nov 2019

Hahaha. Oh the irony. Oh the humanity. :)
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

aeox
Competition Winner

22 Nov 2019

MrFigg wrote:
22 Nov 2019
aeox wrote:
22 Nov 2019

Which is why i said "Not even mad"

I mean, the RE are worth the price so I'm not worried about it :lol:

Boombastix
Competition Winner

22 Nov 2019

aeox wrote:
22 Nov 2019
MrFigg wrote:
22 Nov 2019

Which is why i said "Not even mad"

I mean, the RE are worth the price so I'm not worried about it :lol:
It's like you bought a coffee for a developer who has work very hard, you should feel good about it! :thumbs_up:
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

ShelLuser

22 Nov 2019

I'm also very happy to see a new pack being released but like the others I already got my share of FX devices that I simply cannot afford grabbing more stuff (for me the Mix & Mastering rig + the Synapse bundle really nailed it). There's also something as having too much choice I think; where you risk spending more time to find the 'right' eq instead of focusing on your material ;)

Of course in the end that's all part of the 'game' :)
--- :reason:

botnotbot

24 Nov 2019

Picked up the LP/HP filter and can say it is well worth it's weight in euros.

It's definitely overkill if all I want is to cut some highs or lows... but if I want some carefully modelled saturation while doing it? Perfect.

Mmj85

25 Nov 2019

Glad to see Blamsoft back in the scene.
They are my favorite RE developer!!
I have all of their RE's now since getting Zero on sale and Blamco bundle. Top notch stuff.

About the Blamco EQ's, love them.
Even tho I own Waves Puig tech and MP5 from Kuassa, I am still able to get a different taste of tonality from the EQ's to my ears witch I am loving. They are also greatly optimized to be used every where in the mix while still having internal oversampling, brilliant!! Of course this comes with the price of not being able to automate the parameters but I don't really automate these kind of EQ's (passive) since they are more for tonality then for creative purposes.

Oh and the Drive, really puts the cherry on top on these devices!

Now I would like to see Blamsoft take on a distortion box of some sort, modeling Pre's, Transformers, Tube, Transistors, Valve, Tape est. Using this new approach with internal oversampling all in one device and call it Blambox :)

• Information