Polymodular manual question

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Rason

20 Nov 2019

There is the first monosynth example in the manual showing mono output. The second example is polysynth showing stereo output (they also stress the output is - or has to be stereo). Why? They are clearly both mono, having both single oscillator. The polyphony of the second one has obviously no relation to its signal path. This seems to contribute to the general confusion related to the mono/poly wording. Or is there something I am missing? Or is it meant just for panning individual voices on the amp?
Last edited by Rason on 20 Nov 2019, edited 1 time in total.

Blamsoft
RE Developer

20 Nov 2019

The stereo output is for panning voices on the amp.

Rason

20 Nov 2019

Blamsoft wrote:
20 Nov 2019
The stereo output is for panning voices on the amp.
Hello! thanks, I kind of realized it when writing the post. I changed the topic a bit so it doesnt look so blaming or somthing. I purchased the system couple yrs ago and havent used it, getting back to it now. I find it really amazing considering endless possible scenarios plus versatility of the single components like e.g. 16mode filter. I think it costed 99bucks back then though. Now the price is ridiculously low. Regarding the filter, it really beefs up the signal, i like it. Is it the same algorithm as the AU version? Is it using ZDF or oversampling? I noticed different advertising used for the different formats. Thanks.

Blamsoft
RE Developer

20 Nov 2019

This algorithm was developed earlier but was tweaked later. It is not the same algorithm as the AU. Some algorithms can sound good with subtle tweaks so things like ZDF are not always the most important. When the algorithm is set to 2 on the back there is oversampling which would be close to the ZDF resonance balancing effect.

• Information