(Jazz Rock) Star Cycle (Jeff Beck Cover)

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Dante

19 Nov 2019

Cover version of Jeff Beck's 'Star Cycle' from his 1980 album 'There and Back'. Recorded using Reason and the Sonic Core Scope XITE-1D. Featuring 3 instances of the John Bowen proTone synthesizer, Orange Tree Jaco Pastorius Fretless Bass library for Kontakt and Drums from ToonTrack EZDrummer 2.

Guitar played live through the Digitech valve FX and UAD2 Fender plugin with effects using the UAD2 Cooper Time Cube.

Recently Remixed and Remastered at 96Khz using Harrison MixBus32C and the Universal UAD2 OctoCore processor.

bossa
Competition Winner

26 Nov 2019

I´m a fan! Good cover!

Benedict
Competition Winner

07 Dec 2019

Can't say I know the original - sometimes the best way to hear covers - but it sounds good.

I keep looking at Mixbus as it does sound really good, but it seems such a messy workflow (and the crashes)

:-)
Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

Dante

29 Dec 2019

I haven't tried the full start a song from scratch in Mixbus32C - but for importing bounced tracks out of Reason the workflow is straight forward enough, although I have a few tips to make it smoother if you need.

Benedict
Competition Winner

29 Dec 2019

Thanks but I find the whole moving things from place to place a bit of a fail in modern software.
I mix Stems fine in Reason when I get sent em so that's where I'll stay for the foreseeable future.

:-)
Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

• Information