(synthpop) Enough Is Enough - Pacific Deep

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
raymondh

25 Oct 2019

Hi

Here's a new song from Carl & me. More 80s retro stuff!

DrGOA®

26 Oct 2019

Good job! :clap:

FHtH

26 Oct 2019

Nice song, good production.

jappe

19 Nov 2019

raymondh wrote:
25 Oct 2019
Hi

https://soundcloud.com/raymondhayter/en ... cific-deep
It has that nice spice that comes with your songs, bringing out the melodic beauty from what's served.
As usual, very convincing vocals.
Great!

bitley

19 Nov 2019

Great to see you guys!

The chorus part is pure Stock Aitken Waterman bliss.

If you would consider making any changes — being perfectly fine as it is — try to bring up the rest of the track to the sunny and light "activity" of the chorus so that it has that pulse all the time, much like in "Never gonna give you up", "I should be so lucky" and so on. What I really would dream of is if you can make a banging pop tune like Kim Wilde's adorable "You came" - possibly the best pop tune on the planet.

You see, if you manage to do this you will after that realise that the chorus has to glow and explode even more — that's the arrangement mystery you must try to solve. If you do that, and try making the overall sound a tad more current 2019 / summer 2020 I bet each and every radio channel should proudly put your track on heavy rotation.

Don't take it as a criticism: Take it as I'm saying the chorus of the song is that good. :-)

Final tip: Transpose the song +5 seminotes. It will be harder to sing it but it will also add even more to a lighter and even more sunny feel.

Love / Patrick

raymondh

23 Nov 2019

FHtH wrote:
26 Oct 2019
Nice song, good production.
Thanks you! :)

raymondh

23 Nov 2019

jappe wrote:
19 Nov 2019
raymondh wrote:
25 Oct 2019
Hi

https://soundcloud.com/raymondhayter/en ... cific-deep
It has that nice spice that comes with your songs, bringing out the melodic beauty from what's served.
As usual, very convincing vocals.
Great!
Thanks very much :)

raymondh

23 Nov 2019

bitley wrote:
19 Nov 2019
Great to see you guys!

The chorus part is pure Stock Aitken Waterman bliss.

If you would consider making any changes — being perfectly fine as it is — try to bring up the rest of the track to the sunny and light "activity" of the chorus so that it has that pulse all the time, much like in "Never gonna give you up", "I should be so lucky" and so on. What I really would dream of is if you can make a banging pop tune like Kim Wilde's adorable "You came" - possibly the best pop tune on the planet.

You see, if you manage to do this you will after that realise that the chorus has to glow and explode even more — that's the arrangement mystery you must try to solve. If you do that, and try making the overall sound a tad more current 2019 / summer 2020 I bet each and every radio channel should proudly put your track on heavy rotation.

Don't take it as a criticism: Take it as I'm saying the chorus of the song is that good. :-)

Final tip: Transpose the song +5 seminotes. It will be harder to sing it but it will also add even more to a lighter and even more sunny feel.

Love / Patrick
Thanks Patrick, they're great points - really appreciate it!
I'm going to do some more research into those other tracks. Love the learning journey!!

thank you again!
Raymond

bitley

23 Nov 2019

Cool! I bet the results are going to be top notch!

• Information