Reason 11 - What Midi Keyboard to use?

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
hanfa

23 Oct 2019

Hi

I am about to purchase a new midi keyboard and I want it to integrate nicely with R11.
I have read about Nektar, Novation Launchkey (is it still a good choice?) and so on but I really need guidance ☺️

Price: appr 200 dollar
Size: appr 49 keys

Whats important?
I want it to integrate using knobs and faders. Not only in R11 but RE’s VST’s as well.
Without having to do much manual ”work”

Any advice?

Thanks ☺️

jlgrimes

23 Oct 2019

hanfa wrote:
23 Oct 2019
Hi

I am about to purchase a new midi keyboard and I want it to integrate nicely with R11.
I have read about Nektar, Novation Launchkey (is it still a good choice?) and so on but I really need guidance ☺️

Price: appr 200 dollar
Size: appr 49 keys

Whats important?
I want it to integrate using knobs and faders. Not only in R11 but RE’s VST’s as well.

Any advice?

Thanks ☺️
I own a launchkey and although I haven't tried it on Reason yet, it has some of the most consistent DAW support I've seen in a controller yet.

I got mine working with Ableton (works really well), Reaper (works decently), and Studio One (works pretty good). The key is setting it up as a HUI control surface if the DAW don't natively support it.

Most DAWS I think support HUI.

But that said I'm not sure on how well it works in Reason. I guess I can try it when I have time.

Molotovbeatz

28 Oct 2019

Go for AKAI MPK 49 - Physical knobs and faders; Check

I got the MPK61 and its a total wonder with Reason

dezma

29 Oct 2019

Edin_16 wrote:
23 Oct 2019
Hi,
buy a Nektar Panorama P4 - very good feeling and best reason integration as far as I know. I own a P4 and I like it very much. You can buy a used one (via ebay or ebay klainanzeigen e.g.). I bought mine used for 210 € two years ago - it still works 100% . I like p4's keys much more than launchkeys keys.
Nektar has the best integration, however their hardware is (was??) not very well built. I thought I was the only one with issues (USB cable falling out all the time) until I saw a lot of other users complaining about the hardware quality of Nektar. I do like the touch of the keyboard, it's a bit heavier than most other controllers.

If you want to use reason stand alone and want complete integration there is no competition though, so Nektar is the only choice.

reggie1979

10 Nov 2019

Again, nektar has the BEST integration. I understand key fell and such, but for this pricerange, nektar is STELLAR with Reason.

No, really, I'm not a shill. I have an impact and it works REALLY REALLY well with Reason. Seriously.

demt

16 Nov 2019

Does the nektar intergrate with any hardware synths that may b running into reason?
Reason 12 ,gear4 music sdp3 stage piano .nektar gxp 88,behringer umc1800 .line6 spider4 30
hear scince reason 2.5

gullum

16 Nov 2019

hanfa wrote:
23 Oct 2019

Whats important?
then there is no way around the nektar keyboards all othere brands will need some work tobe fully intergraded into reason

there is a Behringer Motor 49 or 61 that have Mackie Control mode so should also intergrate well with reason

• Information