Notation v-station and bass station.

Discuss VST stuff here!
MrFigg
Competition Winner

04 Sep 2019

At the moment there’s a deal on Novation's V-Station and Bass Station VSTs. Both for £15 on Plugin Boutique. When the Bass Station hardware version came out at the start of the 90s I seem to remember it being the closest you could get to a 303 without having to sell your soul to find a 303 for sale. I don’t remember much else (you know how the times were). Anyway...anybody comment on these VSTs? I’d appreciate hearing any views. Thanks :).
https://www.pluginboutique.com/product/ ... Exclusive-
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

boingy

04 Sep 2019

MrFigg wrote:
04 Sep 2019
At the moment there’s a deal on Novation's V-Station and Bass Station VSTs. Both for £15 on Plugin Boutique. When the Bass Station hardware version came out at the start of the 90s I seem to remember it being the closest you could get to a 303 without having to sell your soul to find a 303 for sale. I don’t remember much else (you know how the times were). Anyway...anybody comment on these VSTs? I’d appreciate hearing any views. Thanks :).
https://www.pluginboutique.com/product/ ... Exclusive-
I got Bass Station VST free with a Focusrite interface. Installed it, played a while. Not used it since.
But I should add that I've never particularly been into "authentic". I like sounds or I don't.

Can you trial it/them??

sleep1979

04 Sep 2019

I think there both long in the tooth they have been selling them £15 for ages , i got retrologue for £4 on ebay someones selling the audent bundle licence codes with a copy of cubase le , thats a far better deal i think , i would say its as good as the legend

Resonator

04 Sep 2019

A friend of mine had a Bass Station in the ‘90s and we made a few tracks with it. Cool little synth. The K -Station is a really cool synth too. I wish I had bought one when they were new.
I bought a Novation controller a few years ago, and it came with the Bass Station and V-Station VSTs. I really enjoy them to this day. They sound just like the hardware and work well with Reason. The presets can be swapped between the K-Station hardware and the V-Station VST. The user interface of both VSTs are straight forward and look very authentic. For the sale price, I suggest you buy it and dig in.

flightONE

05 Sep 2019

I love v-station... it's got that classic early 2000's trancy vibe... b-station is not as useful to me...

both plugins are reaaaally long in the tooth though, it is kinda ironic that my main gripe with them is that their GUI is too small... I mean i know we complain about the reason gui being ridiculously small on high res... but these are even worse somehow... specially bass station...

MrFigg
Competition Winner

06 Sep 2019

Thanks for the replies. To be totally honest,once I thought twice about it I realised that once again it was just “sale fever” that had gotten a hold on me. That in addition to the fact that on Novation’s website it says register any Novation product to join the Music Collective and this be eligible for a free iZotope Trash 2. Turns out it only applies to hardware. Thanks again :).
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

dezma

06 Sep 2019

I might consider it.. out of nostalgic reasons. As far as google goes, it's even in VST3 format.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

14 Nov 2019

🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

LABONERECORDINGS
RE Developer

15 Nov 2019

Bas Station is cool if you want some added weight to sounds instead of your regular sine / square wave (not looked but owuld expect maybe a slightly harmonic sine and more analog square, at least would hope so... investigation with audio probes later)

K-station presets can load up in V-Station, and vice versa, can also load up in X-Station hardware too (apparently, not tried but will do) - and yes we've got all 3 (X-Station, V-Station VST and Bass Station VST)

hurricane
Competition Winner

15 Nov 2019

Now go find yourself copies of ReFX Vanguard and Pro-53 and make us some classic progressive trance.
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

submonsterz

15 Nov 2019

I love the bass station vst it sounds good and so easy to use.
But I'm also a novation sucker as I also own ks rack unit and two A station racks and the novation drum station 2 rack unit. Love the sound of all above units plus vsts I have that are novation.

Periwinkle

15 Nov 2019

I had these both as AUs yonks ago. IMHO The thing that makes them remarkable is their unremarkablness.

.“Art should comfort the disturbed and disturb the comfortable.”

― Banksy

• Information