The Process For Updating RE's

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
kuhliloach

14 Nov 2019

Some updates are available again for some of my RE's. As always, what I have to do to get these updated is:

1. login to reasonstudios.com
2. enter the Instruments area of the shop by clicking "Plug-ins and sounds" and then Instruments
3. carefully scroll through the list and look for the word "FREE" which indicates there is an update
4. add the FREE instrument update(s) to cart
5. enter the Effects area of the shop by clicking "Plug-ins and sounds" and then Effects
6. carefully scroll through the list and look for the word "FREE" which indicates there is an update
7. add the FREE effect update(s) to cart
8. enter Checkout and click Purchase
9. ignore all download buttons and click on My account > My products
10. Click the Rack Extensions tab
11. Click the Sync all button

In my opinion this is a long process that has been made even longer due to the recent changes in the shop which break out Instruments and Effects into their own areas. Am I missing something and doing this the hard way or is this the process we are being asked to jump through to update RE's?

MrFigg
Competition Winner

14 Nov 2019

Just Log in. Go to my account/ Rack Extensions and click on Sync All.
You don’t need to do steps 1-8.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

kuhliloach

14 Nov 2019

MrFigg wrote:
14 Nov 2019
Just Log in. Go to my account/ Rack Extensions and click on Sync All.
You don’t need to do steps 1-8.
wow is that right? thanks- will try that :shock:

kuhliloach

14 Nov 2019

so it looks like one was just installed that I did not do that cart process with! Guess I was just confused by seeing FREE in the shop and the fact that the Reason store is allowing that unnecessary process to happen.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

14 Nov 2019

kuhliloach wrote:
14 Nov 2019
so it looks like one was just installed that I did not do that cart process with! Guess I was just confused by seeing FREE in the shop and the fact that the Reason store is allowing that unnecessary process to happen.
Scroll through your REs in your account and see if any of them are saying “ free update available” now.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

kuhliloach

14 Nov 2019

MrFigg wrote:
14 Nov 2019
kuhliloach wrote:
14 Nov 2019
Scroll through your REs in your account and see if any of them are saying “ free update available” now.
Excellent thanks. I see where those would be--got a couple paid updates available. ;)

gullum

14 Nov 2019

you should be careful with the free in the product page of the shop because it may actually be a free RE that you regret getting and before you know it you have 100 RE's in reason that you don't use at all

• Information