Anyone fancy a drool at Andrew Huang's studio?

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
Aosta

12 Nov 2019

Nice!

Tend the flame

dannyF

12 Nov 2019

not really. Can't stand that guy

Catblack

12 Nov 2019

Any drool would be the byproduct of throwing up a little in my mouth at his eyebrows.
If you ain't hip to the rare Housequake, shut up already.

Damn.

Periwinkle

13 Nov 2019

Wow! What a coincidence. Genelec also provided me with free monitors and they sent Emilia Clarke round to my bedroom to help set them up. She said that my bedroom has some of the best acoustics she has ever experienced. Then there was a knock at the door, and who was it but Elton John and Babymetal. It turned out they were going for a curry with Leonard Bernstein and Elvis Presley and they wanted me to come along. You see, they had also heard about the amazing acoustic properties of my bedroom and they wanted to hear all about it.

.“Art should comfort the disturbed and disturb the comfortable.”

― Banksy

Timmy Crowne
Competition Winner

13 Nov 2019

Wow. That room looks like the perfect place to get some serious work/play done. Good for him!

visheshl

13 Nov 2019

Yea its ok...not bad, i had a nice studio when i was working in Bollywood. Vocal booth n all.
Had a digital mixer, alesis monitors, a 10 in 10 out audio interface n shit.
Now i just have a mac mini, an akai MPk controller, alesis usb audio interface.
Thats it.

The days of big recording studios are over as far as I'm concerned. Its all about portability and mobility now.

Periwinkle

13 Nov 2019

@Timmy Crowne
You’re not British are you? Here in the UK, the appropriate response to signs of someone’s success is to wholeheartedly condemn them, cast aspersions as to how they got where they are, attack them personally, deride their work and key their car. C’mon, get with the program. Lol

― Banksy

Timmy Crowne
Competition Winner

13 Nov 2019

Periwinkle wrote:
13 Nov 2019
@Timmy Crowne
You’re not British are you? Here in the UK, the appropriate response to signs of someone’s success is to wholeheartedly condemn them, cast aspersions as to how they got where they are, attack them personally, deride their work and key their car. C’mon, get with the program. Lol
Haha! You got me. My ‘murican naivety is showing. Allow me to try again, ahem... “How dare he reap the rewards for providing content people find compelling! He must have stolen his wealth from me somehow. Probably single-handedly responsible for climate change too. Corporate muppet.”

miscend

13 Nov 2019

Don't hate the playa hate the game.

Andy
Competition Winner

13 Nov 2019

That modular. Very nice studio overall though. Surprise there is not a ton of outboard procession gear and a dedicated mixer.

BRIGGS

13 Nov 2019

I like the white aesthetic. I may be a bit biased though, as I'm subscribed to his channel. I'm also subscribed to LTT and deadmau5...check out deadmau5's studio, too, if you haven't already. :puf_smile:

r11s

visheshl

13 Nov 2019

Yea apart from bragging rights, i don't see any appeal in modulars. You can get very analogesque sounds from software now, it doesn't cost as much, doesn't take up so much space, doesn't require so much set up etc etc...its just " look what i have in my studio...eurorack" thats all there is to it

BRIGGS

13 Nov 2019

visheshl wrote:
13 Nov 2019
Yea apart from bragging rights, i don't see any appeal in modulars. You can get very analogesque sounds from software now, it doesn't cost as much, doesn't take up so much space, doesn't require so much set up etc etc...its just " look what i have in my studio...eurorack" thats all there is to it
Yep, Reason satisfies my modular cravings! :puf_smile:
r11s

Jmax

13 Nov 2019

BRIGGS wrote:
13 Nov 2019
I like the white aesthetic. I may be a bit biased though, as I'm subscribed to his channel. I'm also subscribed to LTT and deadmau5...check out deadmau5's studio, too, if you haven't already. :puf_smile:

One thing is for sure, Deadmau5's studio chair is from Costco lol. I have the same one.

BRIGGS

13 Nov 2019

Jmax wrote:
13 Nov 2019
One thing is for sure, Deadmau5's studio chair is from Costco lol. I have the same one.
Costco? lol! :lol:
r11s

Faastwalker

13 Nov 2019

Very nice. Especially the modular. That's bonkers! Has this guy got rich parents or something?! He seems to have owned stupid amounts of gear since he was about 12 years old!! :-/ That modular alone would have cost a stupid amount of money.

Periwinkle

13 Nov 2019

@Timmy Crowne
Is ‘muppet’ also used as a term of abuse in the US? For some reason I thought it was only a UK thing.

― Banksy

dhruan

14 Nov 2019

Those Genelecs... 😍
soundcloud.com/armsgrade

Chizmata

14 Nov 2019

i listened to his "good run" and tbh for that kind of music this studio seems like fancy nonsense. but hey, hes having fun and got 3 klicks from me.
Last edited by Chizmata on 14 Nov 2019, edited 1 time in total.

Yonatan

14 Nov 2019

Look at the pic at ReasonStudios blog, his camera equipment is not bad either. Must be a team working together. Modular feels like the old huge computers back in the 70´s and 80´s. They take the space of a room, but can only do small calculations. Modular beasts have become hipster trendy. I would like to play with it if I could for a day, but then I probably would lose interest. It has the hands on experience which have been so lacking in the minimalistic trends, so now the wave has turned to bring back some selected experimental hardware sound design, not least for its learning capability and the extra effect it has in looking great in video and in a room, looking both expensive and complex like a mad scientist labroom, and also the amazement of "oh, hear this blip blop! Cool!". Would I want one? If someone gave it to me. Would I buy it? No way, so much other rhings more crucial. So, in a way, having it shows "I have all I need already, and I wanted another toy". But might be this youtuber gets the stuff as a sponsoring deal for having many followers, Reason Studios gave him a free copy for mentioning and showing a beat in one video. So a clear winner in this new social media vlog business.

• Information