rsTouch Pro 2.9.7: 11 for 11

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
EnochLight

13 Nov 2019

visheshl wrote:
12 Nov 2019
Doesn't justify buying a new ipad for controlling reason.
Disagree. You can find brand new iPad 6th gens for less than $329 USD, so for a relatively inexpensive app - you get a wireless Reason controller that literally has no other equal, on a device that pulls double duty as - well - a tablet. It's literally the best wireless touch-screen based control option out there for Reasoners, IMHO.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

visheshl

13 Nov 2019

Well 329$ is a lot of money for me here in india. Sadly, I don't have that kind of money to spare for an ipad. I know that this is a really good app. But i can't buy an ipad currently.
My old ipad works fine with TouchOSC. I can control all reason devices, the surface ive made is layed out as per my own preferences. Quite happy with it.

Seckin

13 Nov 2019

visheshl wrote:
13 Nov 2019
Well 329$ is a lot of money for me here in india. Sadly, I don't have that kind of money to spare for an ipad. I know that this is a really good app. But i can't buy an ipad currently.
My old ipad works fine with TouchOSC. I can control all reason devices, the surface ive made is layed out as per my own preferences. Quite happy with it.
You can make your control surface into an app and sell it for 5 dollars and when 66 people haved purchased it, there you have your iPad :D
If you can't make a hit with Malstrom, Subtractor and Redrum, you can't make a hit at all.

visheshl

13 Nov 2019

Naah, its a great surface, but not something that would command a good price, primarily because its not bidirectional due to limitations of TouchOSC. Its there in my signature, if anyone wants to use it, it is available for free.

Delora Software

13 Nov 2019

visheshl wrote:
12 Nov 2019
Doesn't justify buying a new ipad for controlling reason.
rsTouch runs on iPads that can run at least iOS 9.3. The very popular iPad 2 (2011), the first generation iPad Retina (2012), and original the iPad mini (2012), all can run iOS 9.3.

rsTouch was first released in August of 2012 when the GEN 1 iPad Retina was the hot new iPad, and most users were running on iPad 1s and iPad 2s. We still test on the same first generation iPad Retina we used during the initial development seven years ago, and our 9.5 year old iPad Gen 1 still runs rsTouch 2.8.0 (the last release for iPads running iOS 5.1 through iOS 8).

Control surfaces like rsTouch are a great way to squeeze useful life out of old iPads!
Doug

Douglas Kraul
Delora Software
Developer of rsTouch Pro for Reason, and rsRemote for Reason

doze

13 Nov 2019

Will this ever be available again in other iOS stores??

visheshl

13 Nov 2019

Its the upgrade loop, will have to keep buying newer ipads as your app gets updated, as older OS versions will not be supported (ive made games for ios, so i know that its by design that older OS versions get dropped)
So in a few years, will have to again cough up money to upgrade to a newer iPad if i want to control newer devices.
I have nothing against your app, in fact its a great app, just the perfect control surface, however I'd rather just buy a touchscreen monitor and be done with it...its a little expensive but gets the job done and its a one time investment, wont need to keep buying it again and again.

Delora Software

13 Nov 2019

visheshl wrote:
13 Nov 2019
Its the upgrade loop, will have to keep buying newer ipads as your app gets updated, as older OS versions will not be supported (ive made games for ios, so i know that its by design that older OS versions get dropped)
So in a few years, will have to again cough up money to upgrade to a newer iPad if i want to control newer devices.
I have nothing against your app, in fact its a great app, just the perfect control surface, however I'd rather just buy a touchscreen monitor and be done with it...its a little expensive but gets the job done and its a one time investment, wont need to keep buying it again and again.
I am not trying to convince you that rsTouch is better for you than your TouchOSC solution. TouchOSC is a great DIY tool. This is, however, a rsTouch thread about the latest rsTouch release (2.9.7) so I want to point out to rsTouch users some things about rsTouch that makes it possible to add support for a Reason device/RE/VST/Player that is not supported by rsTouch.

rsTouch's has two facilities that afford end-users the opportunity to add their own Reason device support. The first is something we call "generic device support". It can be used to add support for new Reason devices, REs, VST(i)s, and Players just by editing the rsTouch Device control surface Map file. The generic support engine offers multiple pages of assignable controls, visual themes, and other features that make DIY device support possible with full bidirectional control. It does requires a working knowledge of Reason Remote. This thread viewtopic.php?p=412743#p412743 has bit more info.

A second way, and one that does not require any knowledge of Remote or Map file editing, is to use rsTouch's Perform control surface's 10 faders, 12 rotaries, and 12 switches with Reason's Remote Override facilities. These controls all offer full bidirectional control. This is a easy and fast way to create one-off, or spur of the moment, control mappings.
Doug

Douglas Kraul
Delora Software

visheshl

13 Nov 2019

Yes , I'm really sorry for hijacking the thread. I understand that this thread is about RSTouch.
Apologies

Delora Software

13 Nov 2019

visheshl wrote:
13 Nov 2019
Yes , I'm really sorry for hijacking the thread. I understand that this thread is about RSTouch.
Apologies
It's all good. Reason users should have any information that can help them decide what control surface option best fits their specific needs and situation.
Doug

Douglas Kraul
Delora Software

Seckin

20 Nov 2019

doze wrote:
13 Nov 2019
[Mod Edit: Removed instructions about violating the App Store's EULA.]

If someone deletes this one too, please let me know why on earth.
If you can't make a hit with Malstrom, Subtractor and Redrum, you can't make a hit at all.

sequence

15 Dec 2019

I have to come here to say this: WOOOOWWWWW!!!!

I bought rsTouch many years ago, and never tried to set it up. I then left Reason and went full-on Reaper. So I came back to reason, installed this and wow !!! This works perfectly!

In my opinion, it makes Reason way better... for instance: many labels from the Mixer that I was not able to read because they were so tiny in Reason, I can finally read on the rsTouch controller. rsTouch even displays the full names of tracks and other data.

Then browsing sounds, and editing devices, without hiccups, all while laying back. And the number of devices supported is crazy!, I still have not found one that is not supported !!

Also, I was able to go into the recording booth and bring rsTouch with me, to record vocals, mix them a bit, then record backing vocals... without going back to the pc for a while... which is so great to keep things flowing...

All-in-all a perfect controller in a world full of crappy hardware controllers full of promises, but mostly setup nightmares.

I highly suggest you get this ASAP,
it is perfection.

Thank you Delora for creating rsTouch!

ljekio

30 Jul 2020

doze wrote:
13 Nov 2019
Why can't I see it in the app store and can't buy it?

EnochLight

30 Jul 2020

Delora Software wrote:
17 Oct 2019

rsTouch is available for iPadOS on the USA's iOS App Store. We have no further announcements about availability on other App Stores, or support for other platforms, such as Android, at this time.
Doug, looks like you pulled this from the US App Store as well. Is rsTouch discontinued??!
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

chimp_spanner

30 Jul 2020

EnochLight wrote:
30 Jul 2020
Delora Software wrote:
17 Oct 2019

rsTouch is available for iPadOS on the USA's iOS App Store. We have no further announcements about availability on other App Stores, or support for other platforms, such as Android, at this time.
Doug, looks like you pulled this from the US App Store as well. Is rsTouch discontinued??!
It's been gone from the UK store for a while now. I asked why a couple of times but no answer was forthcoming. I still have it on my Air 2 and I can (for now) download it as a previously purchased app. But I'm not gonna base any part of my workflow around it if it's just gonna disappear complete. It's a real shame. Hands down the best method for controlling Reason without a mouse/keyboard, but I've not been able to recommend it to anyone outside of the US for ages now. Would love to know why.

doze

30 Jul 2020

Please allow the APP in other APP stores, it's not available in Canada.

Delora Software

30 Jul 2020

EnochLight wrote:
30 Jul 2020
Doug, looks like you pulled this from the US App Store as well.
It’s still on Apple’s USA iOS App Store. Just checked on a couple of iOS device and it is showing in the App Store app. Maybe a glitch?
Doug

Douglas Kraul
Delora Software

EnochLight

31 Jul 2020

Delora Software wrote:
30 Jul 2020
EnochLight wrote:
30 Jul 2020
It’s still on Apple’s USA iOS App Store. Just checked on a couple of iOS device and it is showing in the App Store app. Maybe a glitch?
rsRemote shows up, but rsTouch (this is from clicking on the link on your website):

C3ADB7D8-7B92-47F6-BF75-EB766B24784C.png
C3ADB7D8-7B92-47F6-BF75-EB766B24784C.png (407.81 KiB) Viewed 2717 times

chimp_spanner

31 Jul 2020

Delora Software wrote:
30 Jul 2020
EnochLight wrote:
30 Jul 2020
I guess it’s worth asking one more time - why is it USA only?

Delora Software

31 Jul 2020

EnochLight wrote:
31 Jul 2020
Delora Software wrote:
30 Jul 2020

rsRemote shows up, but rsTouch (this is from clicking on the link on your website):

C3ADB7D8-7B92-47F6-BF75-EB766B24784C.png
Ah yes, you've encountered an "improvement" Apple made to the way the App Store works. It only shows search results now that are appropriate for the device you use for searching. Since rsTouch is iPad-only it does not show up when you search on an iPhone. This happens even with the actual App Store product item URL, which is why you ended up there from the link on the Delora Software website. I guess they never considered the possibility of someone browsing for a product on the phone for use on the iPad ;-)
Doug

Douglas Kraul
Delora Software

ljekio

31 Jul 2020

Delora Software wrote:
31 Jul 2020
I guess they never considered the possibility of someone browsing for a product on the phone for use on the iPad ;-)
When I didn’t have an ipad, I couldn’t take the ipad-app for free or at a discount from the iphone. There may be a reason for this.
Appstore is sometimes strange, for some reason the wishlist was removed, the still incomprehensible ban on the use of WhatsApp on the iPad...

EnochLight

31 Jul 2020

Delora Software wrote:
31 Jul 2020
Ah yes, you've encountered an "improvement" Apple made to the way the App Store works. It only shows search results now that are appropriate for the device you use for searching. Since rsTouch is iPad-only it does not show up when you search on an iPhone. This happens even with the actual App Store product item URL, which is why you ended up there from the link on the Delora Software website. I guess they never considered the possibility of someone browsing for a product on the phone for use on the iPad ;-)
Ahhhh - totally didn’t know that. Thanks!
chimp_spanner wrote:
31 Jul 2020
I seriously have no idea why Doug won’t answer this. :(

Grimlucky

31 Jul 2020

The only other iOS app I know of that restricts customers by country is Zenbeats and I think this just excludes India. No idea why someone would restrict an app to USA only.
I’m ready to purchase if it ever appears I the UK App Store.

Delora Software

31 Jul 2020

chimp_spanner wrote:
31 Jul 2020
Well, we are a tiny business, and are kind of shy about publicly discussing business matters. The short version is that we shifted all of our iOS app sales to USA-only for some business reasons, but mainly for personal reasons.
Doug

Douglas Kraul
Delora Software

• Information