(Vocals) Twiki's Funk - Fulling around with Neptunes

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
mcatalao
Competition Winner

10 Nov 2019

Hi guys, this is a vocal ensemble improvised with neptune.

I guess since reason has the Pitch Editor, neptune is not so used on projects, but it is a great live vocal harmoniser if you don't forget it!

I called this song Twiki's Funk because of Twiki, the robot companion to Buck Rogers, who's most known word was Biidibidi. I guess if he funk'ed it would be something like this!!! It was all improvised done in one single pass.

Just for info, this is a single patch with 6 Neptunes that is loaded over an audiochannel. The vocal was recorded as is, neptune 1 tunes the main vocal, neptune 2 takes care of the main harmonisation. Neptune 3, doubles the main vocal an octave down, and is fed to a second harmoniser, taking care of the bass harmoniser. Finally a fifth neptune, doubles the vocals an octave up, and feds it to the last harmoniser.

These are all fed to a 14:2 mixer at different pans and finally sends to a reverb.

Hope you like it!

bossa
Competition Winner

11 Nov 2019

I like it, your vokal are fine. Whats about the "noisy" sound at the beginning? Something wrong with the mic?
Last edited by bossa on 13 Nov 2019, edited 1 time in total.

mcatalao
Competition Winner

11 Nov 2019

bossa wrote:
11 Nov 2019
I like it, your vokal are Brett fine. Whats about the "noisy" sound at the beginning? Something wrong with the mic?
Entry count with the mouth. And there is a lot of bleed from the keyboard keys on the whole song because I was controlling the Neptune's with my midi keyboard.

Glad you liked it!

• Information