Bitley finally caved: WBF R2 in the shop.

Need some fresh sounds? Want to show off your sound design skills? Here's the place!
MrFigg
Competition Winner

07 Nov 2019

🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Lov2sing

07 Nov 2019

No they caved to him because they had closed the door on him. Maybe someone can help him turn this into a RE
We make music for a reason

MrFigg
Competition Winner

07 Nov 2019

Lov2sing wrote:
07 Nov 2019
No they caved to him because they had closed the door on him. Maybe someone can help him turn this into a RE
Haha. Ok.

How do you think would it work as an RE by the way? A big rompler or what? I like it as it is to be honest.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

xboix

07 Nov 2019

A comedy price for something that requires other paid REs. Pass.

eusti

07 Nov 2019

Ok, guys: What’s going on?
Can’t we just be happy that bitley‘s quality patches are finally available in the shop?

D.

joeyluck

07 Nov 2019

xboix wrote:
07 Nov 2019
Only a portion of the patches require other REs. I would look at that more as bonus content perhaps?

MrFigg
Competition Winner

07 Nov 2019

I think it’s great he’s arrived in the shop after all this time. One of the best refills ever (I think I may have said that many times before on this forum :) )
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

eusti

07 Nov 2019

joeyluck wrote:
07 Nov 2019
xboix wrote:
07 Nov 2019
Only a portion of the patches require other REs. I would look at that more as bonus content perhaps?
👍

bitley

07 Nov 2019

Hi guys & nice that you're fast to notice things!

Should this be up on the product page or? I suggested it to Juhani now anyway. Perhaps some of the other tutorials as well? Any limits on youtube links on the product page? Will also fix louder / mastered demo tracks below l8r, noticed a huge difference in volume when other SC tracks started banging out LOUDLY! Phew ;) Time to sleep now for sure :)

Lov2sing

08 Nov 2019

MrFigg wrote:
07 Nov 2019
Lov2sing wrote:
07 Nov 2019
Haha. Ok.

How do you think would it work as an RE by the way? A big rompler or what? I like it as it is to be honest.
I think something like Arturia V Collection Fairlight but for Reason also it’s like a Rompler now but without a case so one can deeply tweak it. I have his far beyond Fairlight and I must say he does a great job and I would hope he would port all his refills to the shop. Still as big as the refill is it deserves to be a RE. A combinator is to small for such a project.
We make music for a reason

littlejam

08 Nov 2019

hello,

i already have Bitley Way Beyond Fairlight (1.69GB) refill

is that included in this refill?

does anyone know how large this new refill is please?

gracias,

j
littlejamaicastudios
i7 2.8ghz / 24GB ddr3 / Quadro 4000 x 2 / ProFire 610
reason 10 / reaper / acidpro /akai mpk mini / korg padkontrol / axiom 25 / radium 49
'i get by with a lot of help from my friends'

MrFigg
Competition Winner

08 Nov 2019

littlejam wrote:
08 Nov 2019
hello,

i already have Bitley Way Beyond Fairlight (1.69GB) refill

is that included in this refill?

does anyone know how large this new refill is please?

gracias,

j
Here’s all the details man.
https://bitleysounds.com/index.php/way- ... fairlight/
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Neo

08 Nov 2019

Was a supporter and paying customer back in the day.
Shame he had to be a tool by hi-jacking a thread way back when. Luck to him.
MrFigg wrote:
07 Nov 2019
All good.
Indeed.
:reason: :re: :ignition: Atari 1040ST | R11 Suite 🡭 R12 | i7 | RME

MrFigg
Competition Winner

08 Nov 2019

Neo wrote:
08 Nov 2019
Was a supporter and paying customer back in the day.
Shame he had to be a tool by hi-jacking a thread way back when. Luck to him.
MrFigg wrote:
07 Nov 2019
All good.
Indeed.
Yep. Same.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

bitley

08 Nov 2019

Ok I'm out

ohmygoff

17 Nov 2019

So... the WBF R2 on my hard drive is from 2015. Is there any new content in the version that's in the PropShop now?

MrFigg
Competition Winner

17 Nov 2019

ohmygoff wrote:
17 Nov 2019
So... the WBF R2 on my hard drive is from 2015. Is there any new content in the version that's in the PropShop now?
No
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

avasopht
Competition Winner

19 Nov 2019

xboix wrote:
07 Nov 2019
No it doesn't. Most patches work just fine.

I saw that and thought he made a mistake saying it like that. Instead he should have given a number of patches requiring paid REs.

WBF contains all the Fairlight CMI samples, plus more. I'm not sure if I got WBF or WBF R2, but either way there are tonnes of brilliant sounds on it that don't require paid REs.

bitley

19 Nov 2019

That sentence is a standard phrase by Reason Studios as they by that avoid any possible interference from users who relentlessly will try each patch in each category regardless. It is very clearly described from myself as icing on the cake but if the design can not be understood all of that will be removed in the future as it effectively becomes a negative instead of positive aspect of the library.

bitley

19 Nov 2019

(Another reflection would be if Ikea stopped you from purchasing furniture as they would inform you to change all the floors and walls before the furniture moves in.)

Anyway I am happy about them selling it and as for today it's now exclusively sold via Reason Studios. All the other refills are on my site for now. Black friday prices already applied on those.

UPDATE

Reason Studios has improved the product description now, and went along with my icing on the cake suggestion.
Last edited by bitley on 19 Nov 2019, edited 1 time in total.

eusti

19 Nov 2019

bitley wrote:
19 Nov 2019
UPDATE

Reason Studios has improved the product destiption now, and went along with my icing on the cake suggestion.
:thumbs_up: :puf_smile:

D.

bitley

19 Nov 2019

Wth is a destiption ;) I need glaciers.

Dante

19 Nov 2019

Could be an instabuy depending on Black Friday - too bad I bought the Arturia version while waiting for this to come on Propshop, otherwise an instabuy at current price.

bitley

19 Nov 2019

Cool! Arturia's V-Collection is both a competitor and a different thing, of course, but if you basically want to browse for inspiring patches the products are not too different really. Their serving definitely gives you another (several other) GUI(s) to work with and their virtual gear is very cool indeed although not always entirely convincing; a real Prophet VS is a whole other world than their virtual version for instance – if you ask me – but some of the other ones are better. All of them are stunningly beautiful with scalable graphics, so Reason certainly can not compete so much with that of course.

The patches I contributed with (to Arturia) were programmed for their interface and functionality and they are not the same ones as the content in WBF R2. Arturia focused much more on bringing you the "lofi" sound of the real Fairlight as it sounds when you sit in front of it – I've focused more on giving you the Fairlight sounds as they turned up on famous records (Art Of Noise, Yello et al), where effects and filtering was used cleverly to often actually mask that lofi character; at least that's how many of the Combinator patches were designed; naturally, the NNXT patches are closer to the real Fairlight.

I think the products does and does not compete at the same time; Arturia's sound designers including myself were asked to try being very adventurous and creative – perhaps to try creating "tomorrow's sounds" with "yesterday's equipment" – not always of course but it strikes me as if Arturia were aiming for that.

It's a matter of taste of course but if I compare say the (new hardware synth) Behringer DeepMind 12 to the JP-8V I feel that those "presets" are somewhat similar in that they often won't give you the kind of vibes you will get from browsing sounds on a Juno 60, Alpha-Juno 2, JX-8P or Jupiter 8 "right off the bat" in real life; these modern day presets from both Behringer and Arturia have often been designed to present something very different than that. Perhaps more in line with today's industrial and dark ambient genres and so on.

I personally get inspired by the more "classic" kind of sounds from these machines (including the Prophet 5 and more) so that's what I did with them – I guess it weighs up to a balance where the products combined can paint a more colorful picture. I would gladly hear more about this from users as it's very interesting to know what people actually like, and use.

I have Omnisphere 2 as well, and it's a similar feeling there as well; I generally find more useful and playable sounds there though if compared with V Collection 7 – and more "natural" sounds as well (absolutely stunning guitars, truly real choirs, oriental sounds, amazing lifelike strings etc). In those sound "genres" I was mainly going for the "samply" sounds with R2 – although you can find pretty convincing strings there as well.

I guess it all boils down to the taste of the programmers behind all products like this; I am fairly rooted in the 1980s and 1990s myself and I simply love sounds like that. You can take R2 to totally different worlds as well of course. Something common for all these products is that all of us basically have tried our best programming sounds, relentlessly trying to try to satisfy every thinkable musical taste.

From my own experiences with all three I'd say character wise that WBF R2 is like a Roland JD-990 in a very simplified overall "mood"; Omnisphere is like a Korg Kronos; Arturia V7 is like a solid collection of really vintage gear; so if seen like that they all can be married to each other. :-)

Jmax

19 Nov 2019

bitley wrote:
19 Nov 2019
Cool! Arturia's V-Collection is both a competitor and a different thing, of course, but if you basically want to browse for inspiring patches the products are not too different really. Their serving definitely gives you another (several other) GUI(s) to work with and their virtual gear is very cool indeed although not always entirely convincing; a real Prophet VS is a whole other world than their virtual version for instance – if you ask me – but some of the other ones are better. All of them are stunningly beautiful with scalable graphics, so Reason certainly can not compete so much with that of course.

The patches I contributed with (to Arturia) were programmed for their interface and functionality and they are not the same ones as the content in WBF R2. Arturia focused much more on bringing you the "lofi" sound of the real Fairlight as it sounds when you sit in front of it – I've focused more on giving you the Fairlight sounds as they turned up on famous records (Art Of Noise, Yello et al), where effects and filtering was used cleverly to often actually mask that lofi character; at least that's how many of the Combinator patches were designed; naturally, the NNXT patches are closer to the real Fairlight.

I think the products does and does not compete at the same time; Arturia's sound designers including myself were asked to try being very adventurous and creative – perhaps to try creating "tomorrow's sounds" with "yesterday's equipment" – not always of course but it strikes me as if Arturia were aiming for that.

It's a matter of taste of course but if I compare say the (new hardware synth) Behringer DeepMind 12 to the JP-8V I feel that those "presets" are somewhat similar in that they often won't give you the kind of vibes you will get from browsing sounds on a Juno 60, Alpha-Juno 2, JX-8P or Jupiter 8 "right off the bat" in real life; these modern day presets from both Behringer and Arturia have often been designed to present something very different than that. Perhaps more in line with today's industrial and dark ambient genres and so on.

I personally get inspired by the more "classic" kind of sounds from these machines (including the Prophet 5 and more) so that's what I did with them – I guess it weighs up to a balance where the products combined can paint a more colorful picture. I would gladly hear more about this from users as it's very interesting to know what people actually like, and use.

I have Omnisphere 2 as well, and it's a similar feeling there as well; I generally find more useful and playable sounds there though if compared with V Collection 7 – and more "natural" sounds as well (absolutely stunning guitars, truly real choirs, oriental sounds, amazing lifelike strings etc). In those sound "genres" I was mainly going for the "samply" sounds with R2 – although you can find pretty convincing strings there as well.

I guess it all boils down to the taste of the programmers behind all products like this; I am fairly rooted in the 1980s and 1990s myself and I simply love sounds like that. You can take R2 to totally different worlds as well of course. Something common for all these products is that all of us basically have tried our best programming sounds, relentlessly trying to try to satisfy every thinkable musical taste.

From my own experiences with all three I'd say character wise that WBF R2 is like a Roland JD-990 in a very simplified overall "mood"; Omnisphere is like a Korg Kronos; Arturia V7 is like a solid collection of really vintage gear; so if seen like that they all can be married to each other. :-)
This has just inspired me to re-discover my Bitley Refills. Good on you, sir!

• Information