Aquios X4 Workstation ROM for 9 Euros

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.

Loque

06 Nov 2019

Yes, i can.
Reason12, Win10

Mataya

06 Nov 2019

Loque wrote:
06 Nov 2019
Yes, i can.
Is ti really that bad? I know you're gonna say "Yes, it is." But I don't understand why do you think that. I've listened some sounds from the page and they'r ok. Nothing special, but how special it needs to be for 9bucks?
Don't feel like downloading that much content now, just want to see why is this such a bad rompler, because I've seen it being bashed before, just can't remember why.
So if it's not a problem for you repeating what you've maybe already said before...would appreciate it.

tx
M

Loque

06 Nov 2019

Mataya wrote:
06 Nov 2019
Loque wrote:
06 Nov 2019
Yes, i can.
Is ti really that bad? I know you're gonna say "Yes, it is." But I don't understand why do you think that. I've listened some sounds from the page and they'r ok. Nothing special, but how special it needs to be for 9bucks?
Don't feel like downloading that much content now, just want to see why is this such a bad rompler, because I've seen it being bashed before, just can't remember why.
So if it's not a problem for you repeating what you've maybe already said before...would appreciate it.

tx
M
It has been a while back when i tested it. Sounds were thin, boring and old AFAIR. The GUI sucked too. I am probably not a DNA Labs fan at all. May work for ppl looking for that sounds - its just not for me. I dont get things anymore just because they are cheap or they are free.
Reason12, Win10

Mataya

06 Nov 2019

I get what your saying. Gui is a bit strange, but sounds were fine from the demo. I remember that heavyocity rompler sounded really bad. This one sounds kinda ok to me. I'll probably download it and check it out. I don't really need a rompler so that's why I'm not going to buy it...was just curious.

tx
m

Jmax

06 Nov 2019

It's a great deal for $9 bucks. Don't listen to the haters. There are some wonderful sounds in it and the GUI works just fine.

I picked up the 9 dollar Union Synth from Plugin Boutique. Doesn't sound half as good as Aquios.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

06 Nov 2019

It's not that you can't squeeze out some ok sounds with this thing. I'm sure you can make some decent music with this if you put your mind to it.
But why would I choose to use this one over so many other synths I own that can produce much better and more interesting sounds? Because it's 9 bucks? No thanks.

I've tried it btw. Not a fan of the sounds it makes.

xboix

06 Nov 2019

Deep Schulzz wrote:
06 Nov 2019

Can you say no to this offer?
Yes I can. It's just another Rompler. Spend the money on beer and make music with a synth you already own.

Mataya

06 Nov 2019

But this is not really a synth and I thought the orchestral stuff could be cool if it's recorded right.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

06 Nov 2019

Mataya wrote:
06 Nov 2019
But this is not really a synth and I thought the orchestral stuff could be cool if it's recorded right.
Hahahaha. Sounds like you’ve already decided man.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Mataya

06 Nov 2019

hahaha...no really, I don't need it or want it, just saw a couple of time people saying it's shit and I didn't quite get why.

VariableX

06 Nov 2019

They are active developers investing in the Reason eco-system. Constructive criticism can beneficial to us all ( users and devs ) I predict they will release a 5star device before long.

dvdrtldg

06 Nov 2019

4.2 GB of cheesy presets. Fine if you're scoring a straight-to-video futuristic action film in the early 90s, but otherwise no thanks

JdA57

06 Nov 2019

The problem: most of the presets DNA did are not as so good :( (like most of his ReFills are too not worth the money :( )

For 9,- bucks the Basesamples of this RE are really very good. And if you'll spend a little time, you can program your own, really great sounds.

So I think 9,- are a very good price for this RE.

in my eyes, All other RE's of DNA are actually overpriced ...

Michaellos

06 Nov 2019

In addition to foresaid, I think that DNA Labs romplers are not bad - they really have some nice presets, some good sounding pads, as for others - they become better being layered, so, possibly try to experiment for a while. I like Hydronexius, it works fine for my type of music, and I use it. But ! For some strange reasons DNA Labs make instruments and refills sounding almost exactly the same. So if you have one instrument from them, there's no need to get another one. They released Helium some time ago and I personally don't feel any interest to it and won't get it even if it becomes 9 $ (I'm sure it will be in some perspective).
So, if you are interested in such type of instrument and sounds, 9 $ is not a bad deal. But don't you buy two of them )))

scratchnsnifff

07 Nov 2019

actaully it has some of the nicer string patches! also, i use it for the brass and quick piano patches. i think that developers should look more into making a resynthesis algorithm for reason and RE. rather than just more romplers.

i think that if reason could have something even remotely close to harmor, we would not need so many romplers. while they are fun, quick, and sound good, they take up waaaaayyy tooo much space.
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

Michaellos

08 Nov 2019

Michaellos wrote:
06 Nov 2019
In addition to foresaid, I think that DNA Labs romplers are not bad - they really have some nice presets, some good sounding pads, as for others - they become better being layered, so, possibly try to experiment for a while. I like Hydronexius, it works fine for my type of music, and I use it. But ! For some strange reasons DNA Labs make instruments and refills sounding almost exactly the same. So if you have one instrument from them, there's no need to get another one. They released Helium some time ago and I personally don't feel any interest to it and won't get it even if it becomes 9 $ (I'm sure it will be in some perspective).
So, if you are interested in such type of instrument and sounds, 9 $ is not a bad deal. But don't you buy two of them )))
Update:
Well, I could not resist from trying Helium, and I deleted it almost right away after going through patches. As I expected, it doesn't have any actual difference from Hydronexius and Aquiox, it contains presets, sounding very similar to them, moreover, from my point of view Hydronexius has more stunning sounds. As a user I would like to see the evolution of the instruments, but it looks like they will never be touched again, and the developer produces just one more copy of existing tools with the same possibilities and sounding the same. That looks very strange for me.

• Information