SUPER VHS - Lofi Multi Effect

Discuss VST stuff here!
hurricane
Competition Winner

08 Nov 2019

We’ll what the hell is going on? Here’s another retro-izer for you. Sounds interesting.

https://babyaud.io/super-vhs-multi-fx-plugin
415E68B3-041D-4B2F-9F14-CAAE0503A01E.jpeg
415E68B3-041D-4B2F-9F14-CAAE0503A01E.jpeg (415.97 KiB) Viewed 2069 times
Super VHS can add lo-fi sonic character to any desired sound, whether you’re after a subtle touch of character, or an extreme, crushing twist to an arrangement. “We wanted this plugin to be like sending your sounds back in time, then re-discovering them on a worn-out VHS tape 30 years later. All with the click of a single button, right inside your DAW”, Baby Audio says.

Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

Loque

08 Nov 2019

SO many new pricy tools to make pricy good sounding instruments to sound cheap and bad...Hmmm...what to do now? :? :D
Reason12, Win10

MrFigg
Competition Winner

08 Nov 2019

Loque wrote:
08 Nov 2019
SO many new pricy tools to make pricy good sounding instruments to sound cheap and bad...Hmmm...what to do now? :? :D
I usually just set up a mic to record and then go “ccccccchhhhhhhhhhccccchhhhhhh” into it. :)
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Loque

08 Nov 2019

MrFigg wrote:
08 Nov 2019
Loque wrote:
08 Nov 2019
I usually just set up a mic to record and then go “ccccccchhhhhhhhhhccccchhhhhhh” into it. :)
:lol:
Reason12, Win10

motuscott

08 Nov 2019

Anyone know of a good CB radio app?
Breaker breaker, you got a smokey in a potato wrap on yer ten four

Good buddy
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

EnochLight

08 Nov 2019

motuscott wrote:
08 Nov 2019
Breaker breaker, you got a smokey in a potato wrap on yer ten four

Good buddy
Obligatory:

Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

hurricane
Competition Winner

08 Nov 2019

motuscott wrote:
08 Nov 2019
Futzbox:
futzbox.png
futzbox.png (427.45 KiB) Viewed 1892 times
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

hurricane
Competition Winner

08 Nov 2019

While Super VHS sounds nice using certain settings, the rate and strength of the chorus (magic) can't be controlled, and if you try and do that with the mix knob, it affects all the other parameters, so what the hell. Also, the static button is way too intense. Again, no way to control that either. There were a few times I said "Ooh!" when I played with it over a full track, but engaging the chorus and static was useless because they are too intense (for a full mix).Using them individually on separate tracks while dialing them in with the mix slider would sort of work, but I don't like not being able to control the intricacies of each effect. In its current state, it's a no buy for me, but if the developer gave us some control over the chorus and static, I would buy it.

I'm sticking with VHS Audio Degredation Suite:

vhs.png
vhs.png (658.02 KiB) Viewed 1880 times
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

Loque

08 Nov 2019

Man...i hated the sound quality on VHS and on casettes. After the third copy or just one year later it just sound like total crap. Nothing i am heading for. If i want a dull sound, i put on a LPF or EQ. If i want noise, i mix it in. If i want cracles, i mix in a S&H noise. If i want wobble, i put in a pitch/frequency shifter or tape stop which i modulate.

Really, i dont get those devices...While i also have some plugins to make a sound "old", they are all doing more or less the same: Noise, filtering/EQing, wobbling, resampling, reduceing the resolution, saturation, and all with some kind of modulation. I would shot myself if i pay 50 or more for that, even 30 is still too expensive. Maybe 10-20 depending on the features. Its like buying the 20th EQ, which is nothing else than a god damn EQ...
Reason12, Win10

BRIGGS

08 Nov 2019

Loque wrote:
08 Nov 2019
Man...i hated the sound quality on VHS and on casettes. After the third copy or just one year later it just sound like total crap. Nothing i am heading for. If i want a dull sound, i put on a LPF or EQ. If i want noise, i mix it in. If i want cracles, i mix in a S&H noise. If i want wobble, i put in a pitch/frequency shifter or tape stop which i modulate.

Really, i dont get those devices...While i also have some plugins to make a sound "old", they are all doing more or less the same: Noise, filtering/EQing, wobbling, resampling, reduceing the resolution, saturation, and all with some kind of modulation. I would shot myself if i pay 50 or more for that, even 30 is still too expensive. Maybe 10-20 depending on the features. Its like buying the 20th EQ, which is nothing else than a god damn EQ...
...or just load RV7000 with an impulse file of crows digging through the garbage! :puf_smile:
r11s

• Information