deleting double triggered midi notes

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
owlis

05 Nov 2019

Hi I have a midi percussion track that I don't want to midi quantize, because it has a nice feel. the drum that I played the rhythm on had some intermittent double hits like a flam type of sound which I don't want when I convert it to midi by dragging the audio onto a midi track. Is there a way to tell reason (or any other program) to delete the second note of a pair of notes if they are within a certain distance in time from each other?

Here is a little diagram:

| | || |

so the third beat has a flam I want to get rid of programmatically so that it looks like this:

| | | |

Any way to do that?

Cheers
Pete

xboix

05 Nov 2019

There is no automatic way in Reason. You'll have to do it manually or edit it in another DAW then bring it back in to Reason.

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

05 Nov 2019

Midi-OX would be the way I would go.

You can compare timestamps and remove (or more to the point don't send that note info on).

Using Midi-OX could be used in a non-destructive way. Reason out via the EMI -> Loopback A ->Midi-OX (drop note) ->Loopback B -> Reason (where you can record it to a new midi lane)..

http://www.midiox.com/

The PoohBear...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tips & Tutorial's viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7503909
PoohBears Reason Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqCNsA ... p4cQF4j-8A
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Soundcloud Page ....... Nektar Mappings

Arjanders

05 Nov 2019

I tested this and it works. Hope it makes sense!

- Take a Kong
- Reset device
- Put your played midi on the different pads
- Select all midi notes and make sure the flam's are connecting/overlapping and that the notes who should play are not overlapping.
- take the gates out of the Kong inside a device of choice.
- The gate out of Kong will treat the overlapping gates as 1 gate so the flam's are gone.

(:

owlis

05 Nov 2019

Hi Arjanders, would you explain a bit more what you mean by "take the gates out of the Kong inside a device of choice."
I'm not sure how to do that.

Cheers
Pete

owlis

05 Nov 2019

Hi Poohbear. Midi Ox looks useful, pity that it is windows only.

Cheers
Pete

Arjanders

05 Nov 2019

owlis wrote:
05 Nov 2019
Hi Arjanders, would you explain a bit more what you mean by "take the gates out of the Kong inside a device of choice."
I'm not sure how to do that.

Cheers
Pete
Hi Pete,

press "tab". Route the "gate out" of the pads with an cv cable into lets say "gate in" of another Kong.

owlis

06 Nov 2019

OK Poohbear, thanks for explaining that I will give it a shot, Cheers
Pete

• Information