https://www.wavesfactory.com/cassette

$33.

cassette.jpg
cassette.jpg (119.45 KiB) Viewed 10028 times
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

reddust

04 Nov 2019

haha nice, I just ordered it now before I even saw this thread, actually by looking at Spectre because of another thread here too, but it's 29 Euros in the EU so it was a no brainer for me

EdGrip

04 Nov 2019

Love it!
The Random Snaps effect in the video there is one I've been wanting somebody to emulate in plugin form for a while, but haven't quite been able to put into words. Obvious now I think about it! ^_^

Periwinkle

04 Nov 2019

I was just about to write, ‘why the hell would anyone want to make their music sound like it was recorded on a compact cassette?” But then I watched the video. This company is going to bankrupt me lol.

.“Art should comfort the disturbed and disturb the comfortable.”

― Banksy

guitfnky

04 Nov 2019

I can’t compare to the others, but having tried the Klevgrand one, I can say it’s really underwhelming, IMO.
I write good music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

estuary

04 Nov 2019

wow... great job !

I think, I am gonna buy it.
Do you guys know if it has just being released ? or this is just discount price maybe ?

hurricane
Competition Winner

04 Nov 2019

Price:
Special intro price during November: €29
Regular price: €59

Klevgrand's was/is really disappointing. I own the RE version. BLAH.
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

diminished
Competition Winner

04 Nov 2019

Would you recommend this for Lennon-style chorusy vocals too?
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

Boombastix
Competition Winner

04 Nov 2019

He almost had ma at "spooled back by a pencil" :lol:
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

Steedus
Competition Winner

04 Nov 2019

Reels by AudioThing has been my go-to lo-fi tape plugin, but this looks great, might be nice to have an alternative :thumbs_up:

hurricane
Competition Winner

04 Nov 2019

Sketch Cassette has been my main tape (degredation) plugin. I love the NR Comp on it.
Been playing with Wavesfactory Cassette all day and I'm really liking that too.
Still like Reelbus for a different flavor.
And then there's this tiny Reaktor tape emu which is fantastic. It's called Tape Mate. I love this thing and I don't want anyone else to use it.
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

groggy1

05 Nov 2019

Waiting for Uhe to make a cassette emulator, based on Satin technology...

xboix

05 Nov 2019

I guess I'm the only one who thinks cassette emulations are pointless gimmicks. :thumbs_down:

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

05 Nov 2019

xboix wrote:
05 Nov 2019
I guess I'm the only one who thinks cassette emulations are pointless gimmicks. :thumbs_down:
Have you tried Crapre 2?
Best gimmick ever.

EdGrip

05 Nov 2019

xboix wrote:
05 Nov 2019
It's just a beat

Yonatan

05 Nov 2019

Nice video introduction. Nostalgia. Crapre deluxe. This is the most ambitious cassette plugin I´ve seen so far and it seem to be quite versatile for many sound design purposes. As for the emulation, I recently recorded a cassette tape into th DAW and it sounds very much like in the video. And there is something compelling with tape saturation etc.
Imagine the face reaction on folks watching this video back in '84 if time travel to show the trend in music production 2020.
Last edited by Yonatan on 05 Nov 2019, edited 1 time in total.

reddust

05 Nov 2019

xboix wrote:
05 Nov 2019
I'm aware you can achieve most or all of these results by using effects on your track, but I think the time you save using one of these is worth the 29 Euros, maybe not more, but 29 Euros? Come on...

guitfnky

05 Nov 2019

xboix wrote:
05 Nov 2019
why?
I write good music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

diminished
Competition Winner

05 Nov 2019

Took it for a demo run.
There are two or three things nagging me.
First of all, in the config page you have to drag the slider, you can't click on the position you want it to be. Secondly, the "random snap" feature is in no way controllable or automatable or sequencable, which is a very cool effect on its own. Tape glitches that could be used like vinyl scratching in a rhythmical fashion. There is also no tape stop effect.. gah! C'mon the tech is already there!

Edit: I want some sort of fusion plugin between U-He Satin and this one, with features taken from Glitch RE et al., please.
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

EdGrip

05 Nov 2019

I'm gonna do some experiments to see if I can get that motor snap effect using other devices - the effect I'm thinking of is more pronounced.

diminished
Competition Winner

05 Nov 2019

EdGrip wrote:
05 Nov 2019
I'm gonna do some experiments to see if I can get that motor snap effect using other devices - the effect I'm thinking of is more pronounced.
:thumbs_up: interested in hearing your results!

reddust

06 Nov 2019

diminished wrote:
05 Nov 2019
Took it for a demo run.
There are two or three things nagging me.
First of all, in the config page you have to drag the slider, you can't click on the position you want it to be. Secondly, the "random snap" feature is in no way controllable or automatable or sequencable, which is a very cool effect on its own. Tape glitches that could be used like vinyl scratching in a rhythmical fashion. There is also no tape stop effect.. gah! C'mon the tech is already there!

Edit: I want some sort of fusion plugin between U-He Satin and this one, with features taken from Glitch RE et al., please.
I second this petition, I hope some of the Wavesfactory devs or CEO's is reading this thread :)

adfielding

06 Nov 2019

Wow, this looks really good - I've never really had much luck with cassette emulation effects outside of CrapRe (which tends to be a rather... extreme for my tastes), you can tell from the video alone that a ton of thought has gone into this.

I'm very tempted.

• Information