(Techno using ONLY the Behringer Crave) diminished - crayfish

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
diminished
Competition Winner

03 Nov 2019

My Crave finally arrived two days ago and I spent the better part of the weekend hooking it up to Reason and exploring this neat little machine.

I absolutely LOVE the fact that you either hit record, or whatever you stumbled upon while fiddling will be gone a few moments later..
So that's what I did, without much thinking. 15 tracks in total.

Everything you hear comes from the Crave, sequenced from Reason. 100% dry; I just used the SSL's gate, comp and EQ and mixed it.. I hope this gives you a good impression of the synth. I haven't even patched any complex stuff yet :) Any questions? Comments? Enjoy..

:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

MrFigg
Competition Winner

04 Nov 2019

Love it.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

MrFigg
Competition Winner

04 Nov 2019

gullum wrote:
04 Nov 2019
the sounds make me think of New Order - Blue Monday really cool
Made me think of Yazoo at the start.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Zac

04 Nov 2019

Nice noodling :) liked the 2nd kick a lot. Some lovely saturated sounds in there. Wasn't as interested in the 303 like stuff but still very nice.

diminished
Competition Winner

04 Nov 2019

Thanks so much guys! I enjoyed the name dropping :D Personally, the last piercing square wave synth sound gave me some "Nightcrawlers - Push The Feeling On" lead synth vibes.
It's cool how this little fun box can transition between retro, acid and modern-ish. Gating and highpassing almost everything is crucial though, because I encountered some weird flutter noises and DC.
In the future I'll try to come up with something else than noise-based percussions. Gotta do some reading first.
Zac wrote:
04 Nov 2019
Nice noodling :) liked the 2nd kick a lot. Some lovely saturated sounds in there. Wasn't as interested in the 303 like stuff but still very nice.
Glad you stuck around :) Thanks!
In case you or anybody else wants it, here's the kick sounds layered (and the low end one solo afterwards) free for download:
diminished-crayfish-kicks.zip
(169.04 KiB) Downloaded 36 times
Credit goes to the SSL, it did most of the heavy lifting in sculpting the kicks.
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

Zac

04 Nov 2019

Thanks for the kicks, much appreciated :thumbs_up:

miyaru

04 Nov 2019

You have done a very good job here with this song, and only one synth!!!!!!
Greetings from Miyaru.
Prodaw i7-7700, 16Gb Ram, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 3rd gen, ESI M4U eX, Reason12, Live Suit 10, Push2, Presonus Eris E8 and Monitor Station V2, Lexicon MPX1,
Korg N1, Yamaha RM1x :thumbup:

dannyF

07 Nov 2019

once you go analogue you never go back

diminished
Competition Winner

08 Nov 2019

miyaru wrote:
04 Nov 2019
You have done a very good job here with this song, and only one synth!!!!!!
Thanks a bunch! :)
dannyF wrote:
07 Nov 2019
once you go analogue you never go back
Hmm, I disagree, I love having EVERYTHING at my fingertips :) but it's great to have real synth with hands-on control right next to my controller keyboard. Let's settle on "never stop exploring" :)

• Information