Arturia Analog Lab worth getting?

Discuss VST stuff here!
Jmax

30 Oct 2019

Arturia Analog Lab is now on sale for half price at 99 USD.

Is it worth getting? I hear there stuff is fantastic. I already have a ton of synths.

Boombastix
Competition Winner

30 Oct 2019

There is a TON of good stuff in there, that complement and adds to my vast amount of other synths. I got Lab Lite in a Presonus hw bundle, and upgraded to the full Lab for $29 buckaroons. Good deal that way!

You can tweak the presets a little by some 8 pre-selected functions and also layer two sounds/synths together. The digital and sampled stuff is what I prefer, less so their analog emulations (but I have The Legend, Diva, VK-2 and so on, so my point of ref is pretty high). The new CZ was a bit underwhelming compared to my Virtual CZ.
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

Loque

30 Oct 2019

The Arturia stuff is pretty good. The Analog Lab is good, if you are just looking for patches with a basic tweaking. If you want more, you need the full package. Maybe i should note, that all the synths in the Collection are quite different and a few are not so easy to learn and it can consume a lot of time to learn the full Collection - in that case, if you do not have that time the Analog Lab is best choice at all.

On the other side i made a lucky deal and i got the Analog Lab with the V Collection for just a few bugs more than 99.
Reason12, Win10

reddust

30 Oct 2019

I got Analog Lab by purchasing the Arturia Mini Lab MkII which costs around the same as the Analog Lab alone and you also get an Ableton Live Lite license, or at least that's what I got some time ago. Maybe it's worth considering as having a small keyboard controller can always be very handy

https://www.arturia.com/products/hybrid ... b/overview

Jmax

30 Oct 2019

reddust wrote:
30 Oct 2019
I got Analog Lab by purchasing the Arturia Mini Lab MkII which costs around the same as the Analog Lab alone and you also get an Ableton Live Lite license, or at least that's what I got some time ago. Maybe it's worth considering as having a small keyboard controller can always be very handy

https://www.arturia.com/products/hybrid ... b/overview
That's a much better deal!

hurricane
Competition Winner

30 Oct 2019

Where Analog Lab shines is in its Multis. Some fantastic stuff in there.
Screen Shot 2019-10-30 at 12.07.59 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-10-30 at 12.07.59 PM.png (366.17 KiB) Viewed 6073 times
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

QVprod

30 Oct 2019

Pretty good selection of presets. I wouldn't use it if you're looking for something specific, but for browsing around for inspiration it's quite great.

riemac

03 Nov 2019

I've just downloaded the demo, which is very impressive. How are your experiences with Reason and Analog Lab, does it run stable?
I've had already one crash after testing it for just half an hour.

Loque

03 Nov 2019

riemac wrote:
03 Nov 2019
I've just downloaded the demo, which is very impressive. How are your experiences with Reason and Analog Lab, does it run stable?
I had no problems. I probably did not twisted every knob yet...
Reason12, Win10

Boombastix
Competition Winner

04 Nov 2019

riemac wrote:
03 Nov 2019
Never had a crash. But I stay away from the 8 knobs, they are sometimes poorly configured. Just browsing the presets and add ext FX if needed. Keep clicking on favorites and use the presets I have liked most of the time. It is gold mine and very fast to find stuff this way, no wasted time. I have plenty other VSTs to tweak if needed/wanted.
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

04 Nov 2019

Excellent value for money, worth every penny.

I own the V collection, I will admit I don't use Analog Labs but have always thought it would be great for someone who is after some very decent presets and really it's not just presets as the controls they do give are quite handy ones.

I mainly use the Modular V and ARP2600 V.
Last edited by Carly(Poohbear) on 04 Nov 2019, edited 1 time in total.

Jmax

04 Nov 2019

hurricane wrote:
30 Oct 2019

I may hold out for the V Collection Black Friday offer.

Any idea how much it may be going for?

riemac

04 Nov 2019

Jmax wrote:
04 Nov 2019
hurricane wrote:
30 Oct 2019

I may hold out for the V Collection Black Friday offer.

Any idea how much it may be going for?
Last year 50% for new customers

reddust

05 Nov 2019

Every time I watch this demo video I remember how little use I make from this library and regret not using it more often...

Lempface

05 Nov 2019

reddust wrote:
05 Nov 2019
Every time I watch this demo video I remember how little use I make from this library and regret not using it more often...

Pretty impressive. I have the limited version that came w/ a Minilab MkI and haven't really messed with it. Pretty much the same fate as Syntronik, lots of good sounds in both I'm sure, but I'm always tinkering with full synths as opposed to romplers that have some sound sculpting tools.
Reason 11 Suite | Bitwig Studio 3 | Native Instruments Komplete 13 Ultimate Collector's | Komplete Kontrol M32 | Maschine Mikro MK2 | Maschine Jam

miscend

05 Nov 2019

Jmax wrote:
30 Oct 2019
Arturia Analog Lab is now on sale for half price at 99 USD.

Is it worth getting? I hear there stuff is fantastic. I already have a ton of synths.
It's worth getting in but they're cheaper ways to get it. Some of their midi controllers come with a full version of Analog Lab like the Minilab mk2. If you shop around you can get a MiniLab for less than 99 bucks. Just be careful not to pick up a controller that comes with the lite version.

• Information