Spectre Plugin

Discuss VST stuff here!
Periwinkle

31 Oct 2019

I've been playing with the new Spectre vst, and I think it's gobsmackingly good. However, I've spent far too much money on this kind of nonsense recently. And anyway, I'm saving up for a haircut. Please stop me from buying this.

I first saw it on one of the Snake Oil videos on the White Sea Studio channel. (Yes, I know he's facepunchingly annoying)

https://www.wavesfactory.com/spectre/

P.S. I don't work for Wavesfactory buy I'm open to offers lol.

.“Art should comfort the disturbed and disturb the comfortable.”

― Banksy

groggy1

01 Nov 2019

I think if you already have a good saturator/warmth plugin, you don’t need spectre. (I’m trying to help you here:))

On the topic of snake oil: I love those videos! He’s a bit annoying, but i actually like the fact that he isn’t a deep technical expert. When others talk about vsts, I feel like I’m being talked down to. But he does a good job of admitting areas he’s not an expert in. It’s refreshing.

Loque

01 Nov 2019

This. And it's available in a Rig. Sorry for your haircut, long hair looks good too.
Reason12, Win10

Periwinkle

04 Nov 2019

I bit the bullet and bought spectre eventually. I’m using it quite s lot and I don’t think I’ll regret it. I’m working towards having a small subset of effects that I use on most songs and I think this might become one of them (together with things like Pro-Q, Vintage Warmer, CLA-76, Valhalla Verbs & Delays etc)

I do have selig’s colouring eq, and it’s a fantastic RE, but it think it has a different character.

.“Art should comfort the disturbed and disturb the comfortable.”

― Banksy

reddust

04 Nov 2019

I'm usually not interested in this kind of plugins but I find quite interesting what they show on the official introduction video starting at minute 5:00...

I think you should have posted this instead of the White Sea Studio Channel video, I don't find that guy so annoying, but he almost doesn't show anything about this plugin and seems to be kind of too fast excited about it, I wonder if his channel is snake oil :D

• Information